Steve Bannon and the election of Donald Trump

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Steve Bannon and the election of Donald Trump

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:02 am

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence,

Nuff said.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:28 am

Steve James wrote:
U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence,

Nuff said.

So I'm wondering, how badly will he need to fuck things up before he's impeached?
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:41 am

Dmitri wrote:
Steve James wrote:

Nuff said.

So I'm wondering, how badly will he need to fuck things up before he's impeached?

You do understand the difference between approving a plan and making a plan. The ones that will be held accountable if there is any accountability we'll be the ones who made the plan after actions reports are filed.

To suggest a plan was made with the intention of failure is very ignorant and disrespectful to the military.

Are you aware that the same military you're talking about now also blew up a hospital when President Obama was in charge.

Should he President Obama have been impeached at that time.?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:50 am

Steve James wrote:

Nuff said.

Some have said president Trump was a draft Dodger do you consider him a draft Dodger
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:08 pm

windwalker wrote:You do understand the difference between approving a plan and making a plan.

Right, so Commander-In-Chief shall never be held responsible for any failures resulting from his decisions, 'cause that would be, ya know, "taking responsibility for something" -- a concept with which Trump is utterly unfamiliar. His sense of accountability is that of a 5-year-old child.

To suggest a plan was made with the intention of failure is very ignorant and disrespectful to the military.

I didn't suggest anything even remotely close to that.
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:19 pm

Dmitri wrote:
windwalker wrote:You do understand the difference between approving a plan and making a plan.

Right, so Commander-In-Chief shall never be held responsible for any failures resulting from his decisions, 'cause that would be, ya know, "taking responsibility for something" -- a concept with which Trump is utterly unfamiliar. His sense of accountability is that of a 5-year-old child.

I didn't suggest anything even remotely close to that.

You might try answering the question should President Obama have been held accountable when the Army blew up a hospital and later blew up a wedding party.

President Trump flew directly to the funeral of the service member who died ,all in the military know the result of failure.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:24 pm

Some have said president Trump was a draft Dodger do you consider him a draft Dodger

Yep, and a chicken hawk to boot. Easy for a rich kid to send men into the meat grinder after he got four deferments for bad heels.

Btw, I'm proud of what I did. I would do it again. The more I see this government and its actions today, the prouder I get. Let DJT say the same.

And, he "IS" the CiC. If he doesn't like the general's decision, he just fires them. So, they went only because he said so. Period. Moreover, in the article you posted, the first thing mentioned was that "he" authorized it without "intelligence." It would have helped for him to have the intel briefings ... that is, unless he already had "intelligence."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Steve James wrote:

Yep, and a chicken hawk to boot. Easy for a rich kid to send men into the meat grinder after he got four deferments for bad heels.

Btw, I'm proud of what I did. I would do it again. The more I see this government and its actions today, the prouder I get. Let DJT say the same.

And, he "IS" the CiC. If he doesn't like the general's decision, he just fires them. So, they went only because he said so. Period. Moreover, in the article you posted, the first thing mentioned was that "he" authorized it without "intelligence." It would have helped for him to have the intel briefings ... that is, unless he already had "intelligence."

Just to be clear what did you do , do you consider him a draft Dodger.

I think most of your really don't know what goes into the planning and operations of tactical events.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:45 pm

windwalker wrote:You might try...

And you might try apologizing for putting words in my mouth? Reciprocating a bit? Naaah... "Conversation" is a very bizarre thing, in your world.

should President Obama have been held accountable when the Army blew up a hospital and later blew up a wedding party.

Of course. And he was. But he wasn't this insanely incompetent. I don't think the US ever had a president this unfit for the job. Nobody I can think of ever had a pattern of bad decisions like this. But yeah, let's keep "giving him a chance"...

But who's talking about Obama? He's not the president now.

There are accidents/side effects, and there are bad, incompetent decisions.

But if you insist on comparing him witrh Obama -- here's now the American citizens feel about the two: http://www.gallup.com/poll/201977/trump ... y-low.aspx
But hey, Gallup is a fake poll I'm sure. It's all rigged. ::)

President Trump flew directly to the funeral of the service member who died

I'm not seeing this in the news, do you have a link?
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:56 pm

Just to be clear what did you do , do you consider him a draft Dodger.

In 1970, when I was supposed to register for the new lottery, I didn't in protest to the war and the reasons for the war. I come from a military (men and women) family. In 1966, I had been in the Army cadets (something like pre-ROTC). But, the next year a guy named Muhammad Ali refused to go serve because he 'wasn't going to go 6000 miles to kill people who'd never done anything to him or the US, unlike many of the people already in the US. It wasn't about being patriotic. In fact, to me, it was the same as refusing to murder. Now, if I'd been there, I'd have done just that. So, rather than enrolling in college to "avoid" the draft, I just waited for Uncle Same to come and put me in jail for five years. As it turned out, the number I drew in the 1970 lottery meant that I wouldn't have been drafted anyway.

I think most of your really don't know what goes into the planning and operations of tactical events.

We can all judge success or failure, and degrees of each. Trump doesn't know what he's doing. If we don't know about planning tactical ops, DJT knows even less --deliberately so because he doesn't really have any background in the military or politics or diplomacy-- and the BIG question is whether he is intelligent enough to learn. Trial and error will be a bitch for many.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:14 pm

Dmitri wrote:
windwalker wrote:You might try...

And you might try apologizing for putting words in my mouth? Reciprocating a bit? Naaah... "Conversation" is a very bizarre thing, in your world.

should President Obama have been held accountable when the Army blew up a hospital and later blew up a wedding party.

Of course. And he was. But he wasn't this insanely incompetent. I don't think the US ever had a president this unfit for the job. Nobody I can think of ever had a pattern of bad decisions like this. But yeah, let's keep "giving him a chance"...

But who's talking about Obama? He's not the president now.

But if you insist on comparing him witrh Obama -- here's now the American citizens feel about the two: http://www.gallup.com/poll/201977/trump ... y-low.aspx
But hey, Gallup is a fake poll I'm sure. It's all rigged. ::)

President Trump flew directly to the funeral of the service member who died

I'm not seeing this in the news, do you have a link?

http://q13fox.com/2017/02/01/trump-make ... s-remains/

Ya I guess google just doesn't do it at times.

come again, http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/05/asia/afgh ... -hospital/
Yemenis seek justice in wedding drone strike
Anger rises after apparent US drone strike killed 12 people on the way to a wedding last month.
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/featur ... 98935.html

not knowing anything about the mission, what the objective was are you saying the mission presented to the President by
the military was " incompetent"

there's all kinds of assessments many people are involved in the planing stages along with risk assessments and collateral damage assessments
each depends on the target.."intel" wow he along with all involved didn't know the situation..ya maybe,,,ya never know.

Do you know who or what the target was? With out knowing this how could you say it was incompetent?

Trump approved the operation, which had been in the planning stages for months under President Barack Obama.

so who was incompetent dumb ass
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:33 pm

windwalker wrote:Ya I guess google just doesn't do it at times.

Thanks for the link. I did google it and haven't seen it, so no need for your sarcasm like I haven't even tried (at least that's what it sounded like):
https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+f ... al&tbm=nws

not knowing anything about the mission, what the objective was are you saying the mission presented to the President by
the military was " incompetent"

It's not me, I woudn't know. But I would think the "US Military officials" would have a clue:
http://www.businessinsider.com/us-milit ... nce-2017-2

And I wasn't talking about one decision anyway. I was talking about a pattern, clearly showing in the overwhelming majority of his executive orders.

He's been a complete disaster so far. (As I was well expecting him to be.)

P.S. Ah, I see you edited your post a little :)

Trump approved the operation, which had been in the planning stages for months under President Barack Obama.

so who was incompetent dumb ass

Well, what can I say...

The US officials said the extremists' base had been identified as a target before the Obama administration left office on January 20, but President Barack Obama held off approving a raid ahead of his departure.

so who are you calling dumb ass, again? :D
Last edited by Dmitri on Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:09 pm

During the campaign, it was easy to get tired of how many times Hillary Clinton repeated stories of tense nights in the Situation Room, where she along with President Obama and other members of his staff, waited for word on some military action from the far side of the world. No one is going to get tired of hearing those stories from Donald Trump. Because for the first military action that Trump launched as commander in chief, he didn’t bother to show up.

According to Press Secretary Sean Spicer, Trump was not in the Situation Room for the raid.

The president was here in the residence. He was kept in touch with his national security staff. Secretary Mattis and others kept him updated on both the raid and the death of Chief Owens as well as the four other individuals that were injured. So he was kept apprised of the situation.
That Trump didn’t come down in PJs is completely understandable, considering that by 5 PM Trump was too fatigued to hold a civil conversation with the leader of an allied nation. The Yemen raid just didn’t happen within business hours.

And those earlier suggestions that President Obama had somehow cleared the raid? Completely false. Donald Trump was totally responsible for authorizing the botched raid. But he didn’t take that responsibility seriously enough to let it keep him out of bed while Navy SEALs were putting their lives on the line.

The raid ended with not just the death of U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens and the wounding of three others, but the killing of an unknown number of civilians.

The US military has launched an investigation into the scale of civilian casualties in a botched special forces raid against a suspected al-Qaida base in Yemen, the first such mission to be approved by Donald Trump, as questions mount over the operation.

After initially denying there had been any civilian casualties in Sunday’s raid, US Central Command (Centcom), which is responsible for military operations in the Middle East and central Asia, acknowledged some of the dead may have included women and children, though claimed some of the women were armed.
Military insiders are pointing the finger at Trump, who apparently gave the mission the thumbs up after a dinner discussion with noted military experts Steve “leave no white man behind” Bannon and Jared “totally not nepotism” Kushner.

What did these experts on the world accomplish over a nice dessert?

US military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.
By this point in a Hillary Clinton administration, we would already be onto the third announcement of committees dedicated to investigating this tragedy and daily desk thumping for a special prosecutor. Yemenghazi!

But this really shouldn’t be called Yemenghazi. Because this looks like a situation where people really did die because of a miserable, thoughtless decision carried out by people who couldn’t be bothered to get up from dinner to give it serious study, or come down from the bedroom to see the results of their action.

Yep, your fearless leader.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Steve James wrote:
During the campaign, it was easy to get tired of how many times Hillary Clinton repeated stories of tense nights in the Situation Room, where she along with President Obama and other members of his staff, waited for word on some military action from the far side of the world. No one is going to get tired of hearing those stories from Donald Trump. Because for the first military action that Trump launched as commander in chief, he didn’t bother to show up.

According to Press Secretary Sean Spicer, Trump was not in the Situation Room for the raid.

The president was here in the residence. He was kept in touch with his national security staff. Secretary Mattis and others kept him updated on both the raid and the death of Chief Owens as well as the four other individuals that were injured. So he was kept apprised of the situation.
That Trump didn’t come down in PJs is completely understandable, considering that by 5 PM Trump was too fatigued to hold a civil conversation with the leader of an allied nation. The Yemen raid just didn’t happen within business hours.

And those earlier suggestions that President Obama had somehow cleared the raid? Completely false. Donald Trump was totally responsible for authorizing the botched raid. But he didn’t take that responsibility seriously enough to let it keep him out of bed while Navy SEALs were putting their lives on the line.

The raid ended with not just the death of U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens and the wounding of three others, but the killing of an unknown number of civilians.

The US military has launched an investigation into the scale of civilian casualties in a botched special forces raid against a suspected al-Qaida base in Yemen, the first such mission to be approved by Donald Trump, as questions mount over the operation.

After initially denying there had been any civilian casualties in Sunday’s raid, US Central Command (Centcom), which is responsible for military operations in the Middle East and central Asia, acknowledged some of the dead may have included women and children, though claimed some of the women were armed.
Military insiders are pointing the finger at Trump, who apparently gave the mission the thumbs up after a dinner discussion with noted military experts Steve “leave no white man behind” Bannon and Jared “totally not nepotism” Kushner.

What did these experts on the world accomplish over a nice dessert?

US military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.
By this point in a Hillary Clinton administration, we would already be onto the third announcement of committees dedicated to investigating this tragedy and daily desk thumping for a special prosecutor. Yemenghazi!

But this really shouldn’t be called Yemenghazi. Because this looks like a situation where people really did die because of a miserable, thoughtless decision carried out by people who couldn’t be bothered to get up from dinner to give it serious study, or come down from the bedroom to see the results of their action.

Yep, your fearless leader.

Aw, come on Steve. Give him a chance. ::)
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:26 pm

The US officials said the extremists' base had been identified as a target before the Obama administration left office on January 20, but President Barack Obama held off approving a raid ahead of his departure.

Let's see if we hear the typical sound of crickets now...
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic