Best insoles for flat feet?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Best insoles for flat feet?

Postby everything on Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 pm

Have you tried:

SuperFeet
Dr Scholl's
Shock Doctor
Other?

What did you like and for what activity?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Best insoles for flat feet?

Postby kenneth fish on Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:03 pm

It depends. If you have very minor pes planus, Dr. Scholls or Air Plus may give you some relief. They wear out quickly though (about 4-6 weeks), and really do not provide sufficient support for any significant degree of pronation. Super Feet and similar stores are no better - less supportive in fact - but much more expensive. I suggest you go to someone who can fit you for custom orthotics - they last longer (one to two years) and will provide the support that you need.

This is the company that I use to source my orthotics (I measure and mold in the office): http://orthodynamics.com/

They also have some "off the shelf" orthotics that are quite good.
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Re: Best insoles for flat feet?

Postby everything on Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:33 pm

Thank you. I've currently got something from Dr Scholls and something semi custom. Minor pain, but trying to play more futsal (court mini soccer), so need some more support.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic