Fake US Embassy in Ghana

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Fake US Embassy in Ghana

Postby Dmitri on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:20 am

For a decade, an American flag flew outside a battered pink building in Ghana’s capital city, welcoming out-of-town visitors who, once inside, found a photo of President Obama hanging on the wall. Signs confirmed to travelers — who had been bused in from the most remote parts of West Africa — that they had arrived at the U.S. Embassy in Accra.

The “consular officers” working there were not Americans, but they spoke English and Dutch and issued official-looking visas and identification papers. They charged their customers $6,000.

;D :o

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... 4cce02b0ea

I think in retaliation the US should open a fake Ghanaian embassy. That'll show them!! ;D
Last edited by Dmitri on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Re: Fake US Embassy in Ghana

Postby KEND on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:17 pm

hey were there 10 years, probably more efficient than the actual embassy, probably rates as one of the greatest scams of all time
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Fake US Embassy in Ghana

Postby Steve James on Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Well, a citizen of Ghana will have to get a US visa somewhere, no? IF it wasn't the embassy (building), perhaps there is a consulate. I dunno, not worth the time to research deeply. But, the scandal would be if an American in Ghana --of which I can personally attest there are many-- would have no place to turn if he or she lost a passport. Just sayin'.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic