Your stories of healing

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Your stories of healing

Postby greytowhite on Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:18 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've been contemplating writing about my life, somehow fictionalizing it or something. It's... something I'm still not quite comfortable with as I know my family will read it. I think a good solitary vacation may be a good idea to contemplate this stuff and then organize it.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:57 pm

Peacedog wrote:And while this isn't disease related, it is a pretty cool story. One of my students was accidently locked into an unventilated safe at a bank over a weekend. This was a very modern high security unit located at altitude. He had been in the back working on high security computer systems and the bank staff forgot he was there. Knowing that he was likely to die of asphyxiation, he immediately sat down and went into meditation. Monday morning they found him collapsed inside the safe. He was taken to a local hospital and spent about a week there for treatment and testing. He completely recovered with no brain damage or other permanent physical harm. He credits the techniques he learned for saving his life. The manufacturer of the unit he was in couldn't believe he survived let alone without permanent damage. Three months later he sent me a picture of him climbing an 18,000 foot mountain peak.

That story has just validated 27 bazillion nerd-hours of comic book reading. :D
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:55 am

Michael,

I can't say that a radioactive spider was involved or that he developed superpowers. But it was nice validation none the less. The part that a lot of people miss is that as a teacher you are just the facilitator. Everyone who solved a big problem worked their asses off to get there.

Also, I've noticed an interesting trend in that the bigger the effect, the bigger a life the person in question has. Most importantly, I've seen really mediocre practitioners become supercharged if they got off their asses and developed a real life. The one's who push life into high gear by becoming fabulously successful take on an almost mythological level of ability.

As greytowhite mentioned, the better stories I can't usually tell as the privacy of the individuals involved is too big of an issue since a lot of people simply wouldn't believe the story without meeting the person in question.

Cheers,

Peacedog
Peacedog
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic