Rousey KOed again

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Rousey KOed again

Postby willie on Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:21 pm

willie

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:02 pm

LOL!

Yeah, that is why I am not the biggest fan. Then again we live in a culture that rewards bad behavior, just look at our celebrities.

Roussey trained judo here in the bay and was even on a former coach's international team. I respect her abilities and marketing and the fact is she was the one responsible bringing a women's division in the UFC so dispite her trash talking she has accomplished more than most martial artists ever do and I have to respect that.

And as W said she is laughing her way all the way to the bank.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:50 pm

Most impressive to me is that she was the first American woman judoka to medal in the Olympics. And, I don't think anything she said in that interview was over the top or in poor character.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:01 pm

I hear you, I was referring more to this and other usual trash talking she has done like choking out Mayweather.

https://youtu.be/a_8kFf0R4zc
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Strange on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:22 pm

Roussey disclosed win: $ 3,000,000
Nunes estimated takings: $ 200,000
the difference: $ 2,800,000,

the diff can be seen as a consolation to the loser; or the dollar amount assigned to the pride and glory of the win for a fighter.
if you are considering the fight in monetary terms. Roussey didn't win anything, she sold out the pride and glory for money.

use your brain and get the facts straight.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:54 pm

grzegorz wrote:I hear you, I was referring more to this and other usual trash talking she has done like choking out Mayweather.

https://youtu.be/a_8kFf0R4zc

Okay, that's not as cool. She will most likely be a bit more quite now. :)
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby willie on Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:41 pm

Strange wrote:Roussey disclosed win: $ 3,000,000
Nunes estimated takings: $ 200,000
the difference: $ 2,800,000,

the diff can be seen as a consolation to the loser; or the dollar amount assigned to the pride and glory of the win for a fighter.
if you are considering the fight in monetary terms. Roussey didn't win anything, she sold out the pride and glory for money.

use your brain and get the facts straight.

That's a crock, she didn't sell out anything. She makes that much money because of her image and popularity.
I was staying out of this but screw it. I think that the only reason why she lost was because of too many styles. or too many approaches.
One can conflict with the other and it's like always living in transition.
Last edited by willie on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Strange on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:20 pm

yeah, all her hype and publicity won supporters like you
"...her image and popularity."
then when you were rooting for her to win, she was not there at the fight :)
dont agree? take a look at the vid again. i'm telling you: she wasn't there

".... too many styles too many approaches"
heh heh heh my mang, what is it called again?
mixed Martial arts!
what can i say? muah ha ha ha
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby willie on Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Strange wrote:yeah, all her hype and publicity won supporters like you
"...her image and popularity."
then when you were rooting for her to win, she was not there at the fight :)
dont agree? take a look at the vid again. i'm telling you: she wasn't there

".... too many styles too many approaches"
heh heh heh my mang, what is it called again?
mixed Martial arts!
what can i say? muah ha ha ha

really? your such a sickening fool. I'm from mma idiot.

If you watch, you will see her "thinking" instead of just following a game plan.
That is usually from either too many approaches or a game plan that failed.
willie

Postby Strange on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:24 pm

"thinking" .........wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
you mean thinking like when the punches connected to her face thinking
roflmao wah ha ha ha ha ha

"mma idiot" wah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
who the hell cares where "your" from? wah ha ha ha ha ha

ok, i'ma gonna think ok, you'se not suppose to punch me in the face when i think ok
there'se too many styles ok, my coach taught me many many, so many i'ma mixed up right now
you gotta let me think this one out ok?
ok? we cool? ok.
you stand in your corner for a bit and let me think for sec
i'me sure it will all straighten out in a bit
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby leifeng on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:57 pm

Apparently now they are blaming kung fu. ::)
leifeng
Huajing

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:47 pm

Who is the Wu shu guy
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:11 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Most impressive to me is that she was the first American woman judoka to medal in the Olympics. And, I don't think anything she said in that interview was over the top or in poor character.

Yeah her whole story is amazing. First American women to medal and then ends up living in her car and then remakes herself into an MMA champion.

I found the Segal thing amusing too by the way but it also explains why some don't dig her.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:51 am

But then again had she not said those things this thread would have been dead days ago.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:48 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Most impressive to me is that she was the first American woman judoka to medal in the Olympics. And, I don't think anything she said in that interview was over the top or in poor character.

I agree. I actually like the way Ronda interviewed, back then. I think she was just sticking by her friend Gene Lebell by believing his story. When speaking about fighting Floyd Mayweather Jr., Ronda said she would crawl on the floor towards him, meaning she respects his boxing skills.

To me, Ronda (at least in those earlier interviews) and her mother, AnnMaria De Mars, seem to be straightforward, open and honest in their opinions, whether you agree with them or not. In interviews, I like to hear the fighters talk about their strategy, mindset, motivation, training, etc., rather than a scripted publicity speech. Although, the former type of interviews are rare or can be misleading.

Recently Ronda had this angry attitude and limited her interviews shutting off the fans. Therefore, I was actually rooting for Ronda to lose. The other reason is I like to see fighters with more all-around fighting skills. Ronda was excellent in grappling, but poor in stand up (witnessed in the Holm fight), which could have been the fault of her trainer, Edmond mainly specializing in boxing and boxing range. I would rather have seen Ronda, improve on her entering skills from outside the punching range to her grappling range, make adjustments in her game plan before and during the fight, based on her opponent. I am really not a fan of anyone fighter. I just like to see high level fighting skills and strategy. It appears the women’s division is learning and getting better in all around fighting skills, as IMO the men’s division had to do.

All that aside, you have to give Ronda credit for getting Dana White to include women in the UFC. Also, I believe Ronda deserves all the credit and financial gains, since the UFC was recently sold for $4 billion. Credit has to go to Conor McGregor and Ronda for their record PPV buys and live gates.

I believe the story that Lebell choked out Seagal while filming a movie is made up, as people on the set (i.e., Ron Balicki and Conrad Palmisono) said that never happened, according to this article, LeBell Lied About Choking Out Seagal, http://www.manlymovie.net/2016/08/lebel ... eagal.html.
Last edited by marvin8 on Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic