Chromebook

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Chromebook

Postby everything on Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:34 am

Do you use one? Are the Android apps available for you yet?

Thinking of:
Asus Flip. Can be used as Tablet with apps. Only 10" screen so portable but small for working.

Acer 14. Large 14" screen great for working. No tablet capability.

Both under $300.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Chromebook

Postby everything on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:35 pm

I don't work for Google or any computer maker, but I have to recommend you get/use/convert a PC into a Chromebook.

I'm on my second Chromebook. Just turned a crappy, obsolete, unsupported, old Windows XP machine into a free Chromebook, courtesy Neverware ( https://www.neverware.com/freedownload ). They help schools turn their old computers into workable Chromebooks. This machine is amazingly fast to start and browse now. It has about 100 GB of storage (normally new Chromebooks have about 32).

If you have some old PCs sitting around and they are gathering dust, this might be a good solution for you (if you even need another web browsing machine). They should be under 8 years old and have at least 2 GB RAM, though. Neverware, like Google, will keep the OS updated/patched automatically (you need to restart, which takes about 5-20 seconds). Most apps will work, but Netflix might not.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Chromebook

Postby Michael on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:26 am

I have an old laptop for which this might be a good option, so thx for the tip.
Michael

Return to Off the Topic