Trump Inauguration Special

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Trump Inauguration Special

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:38 am

If you had health insurance previously, you just kept it.
If you didn't, you had to get it. So, one can count the number of people who had health insurance before and after.

not true.
Both of my daughters lost their ins. due to the enactment of the law.
There are requirements that the ACA mandated ins to have above and beyond what they currently covered.
Those ins companies that could not dropped their coverage or got out of the market.

I would suggest talking to some people who currently have it, and see what they say.
Those that I've talked with who do pay, are struggling just to pay it. The gov, had the law remained the same
would soon raise the penalties to encourage more mmm, participation ;) which for many would also not be payable.
It was and is in a death spiral. .

lets hope they can get something going that helps people and also contains the cost.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:38 am

Both of my daughters lost their ins. due to the enactment of the law.

Your family isn't covered under your veteran's benefits? That's strange. Explain.

I would suggest talking to some people who currently have it, and see what they say.

Like I said, for the third time, it's a law. If you didn't have health insurance, the law says you have to get it or pay a penalty.

I posted a video of someone who has been saved by the law speaking to the Speaker of the House how it did. And, ultimately, you seem to be arguing that the ACA be replaced by something. That something was not there before Obama. Period. If you think you made it worse, then you need to talk to the people who say it helped them.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 am

This is what the ACA was intended to accomplish. One can agree or disagree.

The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), commonly called the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and nicknamed Obamacare, is a United States federal statute enacted by President Barack Obama on March 23, 2010. Together with the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act amendment, it represents the most significant regulatory overhaul of the U.S. healthcare system since the passage of Medicare and Medicaid in 1965. Under the act, hospitals and primary physicians would transform their practices financially, technologically, and clinically to drive better health outcomes, lower costs, and improve their methods of distribution and accessibility.

The Affordable Care Act was designed to increase health insurance quality and affordability, lower the uninsured rate by expanding insurance coverage and reduce the costs of healthcare. It introduced mechanisms including mandates, subsidies and insurance exchanges.[1][2] The law requires insurers to accept all applicants, cover a specific list of conditions and charge the same rates regardless of pre-existing conditions or sex.[3]

If they alter the LAW, they will replace it with another one. Or, they won't. I'll bet they'll amend some things, declare victory, and hopefully it won't have too bad an effect on those who won't have health coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKxsLxM7abA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91VtG0bqZwk
Last edited by Steve James on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:28 am

This link explains coverage for vets. Active duty and retired. http://www.tricare.mil/Plans/Eligibility
I’m retired.

You still haven’t answered whether you use the ACA or not, do you?

You also stated that if you have existing ins,
you can keep it which was not true.

I don’t need to do anything, you need to talk to some people who actually use it.
You're the one suggesting its a good thing who doesn’t seem to have any actual contact with it.

If left on it’s own it would implode. As it is, the law will be repelled and replaced.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:40 am

Anyone who is going to even attempt to defend that CIA speech has way too much time on his hands.

The fact is Trump's cabinet together has more money than a third of the US population. He doesn't care the little guy all Trump cares about is money.

I look forward to the day when all Americans hate Trump and they will just like they did with W. The CIA did not like that speech by the way which was the same speech president twitter gave everyone.

Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:52 am

This link explains coverage for vets. Active duty and retired. http://www.tricare.mil/Plans/Eligibility
I’m retired.

You said your daughters lost insurance because of Obamacare. If the document cited above says they aren't entitled to insurance, how does that matter? Do they have insurance or not? If they "do", it's because there is a law (the ACA) that states they must.

You still haven’t answered whether you use the ACA or not, do you?

DUH, check, I've said that I already had insurance. You really don't understand what you're asking. It's a law.

You also stated that if you have existing ins, you can keep it which was not true.

The insurance that one has has to conform to the requirements of the law. So, it can mean that some people have to get more insurance in order to be in compliance.

However, the point is that the US is the only "first world" (tm) country without universal coverage for citizens. And, we've moved a lot closer toward that goal because of Obamacare.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 am

I think it is awesome that the pick yourself up by your bootstraps party got elected on free cheap fake healthcare and free good jobs for everybody, at least we can put that whole pick yourself up by your bootstraps to rest.
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:11 pm

at least we can put that whole pick yourself up by your bootstraps to rest.

It's much easier when you have boots.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:11 pm

DUH, check, I've said that I already had insurance. You really don't understand what you're asking. It's a law.

Yes I imagine you would being a tenured professor. good gig from what I've heard
The question was do you use the ACA meaning do you have private ins offered by the plan or does you job provide it for you..
Not whether you have ins or not. You don't know about it because it doesnt affect you if your job provides it.

Talk to some people who actually have to use it and pay for it...

You said your daughters lost insurance because of Obamacare. If the document cited above says they aren't entitled to insurance, how does that matter? Do they have insurance or not? If they "do", it's because there is a law (the ACA) that states they must.

It matters because they had ins, which they lost because of the plan...regardless of my own status...
They lost their ins, as did a lot of other people...who are now starting to find it unaffordable.
This trend would and will continue if not addressed.

However, the point is that the US is the only "first world" (tm) country without universal coverage for citizens. And, we've moved a lot closer toward that goal because of Obamacare.

No that's not the point. It's not sustainable. The point was to contain the cost of the system
It didn’t meet that goal and will not meet it..as its imploding.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:17 pm

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:35 pm

They lost their ins, as did a lot of other people..

Are they insured now or not? That's the point. If not, why not?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Btw, our union fought to make sure that even the adjunct (part-time) instructors got health insurance. Anyway, soon I'll be on Medicare.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Steve James wrote:
They lost their ins, as did a lot of other people..

Are they insured now or not? That's the point. If not, why not?

No its not the point but keep trying.

still haven't answered the question, do you have to use privet ins or does your job provide it for you?

The point was that they could not keep the ins they had because of the law.
and now have to deal with using something that is becoming unafordable as are a
a lot of other people.

Soon this will change...
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:47 pm

Have a friend who has cancer, he is to young to qualify "63" for Medicare, it kicks in at 65.
has to keep working to keep his ins so he can pay for his treatments.
if he lives that long...

kinda sucks
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:49 pm

Interesting how healthcare is an issue when it turns out that Trump won in states and counties with the highest amount of herion and opiod addiction.

Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic