Whoops, apocalypse!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Whoops, apocalypse!

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:27 pm

Fubo wrote:
Dmitri wrote:
Fubo wrote:Mr. over weight ignorant white trump supporter

Not disagreeing with the rest of your post, but watch out man, it's ready to get caught in that sort of language/emotion. It's only blowing more wind on the flames.

Well, I'm just sick of people tip toeing around reality. I'm half white, and at first glance appear to be fully white, so I benefit off of a system and current culture that is overtly hostile to non whites. Being that there's a legitimization of a white supremacy culture with the aid of this administration, I feel it's the responsibility of whites to call white people on their actions when things like this occur. This isn't about hating white people, nor is it about painting them with the racist brush... it's about acknowledging the real problems we face, coming to terms with discrimination and privilege so we can progress. My use of the term white in the context of my experience was about him participating in a culture of white supremacy which he clearly has embraced, and regardless of how uncomfortable it is for some people to hear or accept, it's necessary to state.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:35 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OVnqerWUHg

talks about the past administrations use of the law.

He mentions that the list currently in use was developed by the past administration.
who knew :-\
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby willie on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:43 pm

From the judge.
Last edited by willie on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby Dmitri on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:03 pm

Fubo wrote: My use of the term white in the context of my experience was about him participating in a culture of white supremacy which he clearly has embraced, and regardless of how uncomfortable it is for some people to hear or accept, it's necessary to state.

OK I see.

I'm so tired of the stupid labels, but I guess it just can't be helped at this stage of human evolution... Couple of thousand years from now the visual distinction between "races" will probably become too small for it to be a problem, but until then... :( That distinction has been gradually and noticeably diminishing already, so that's helping - just not there yet; too many people are still functioning in a tribal MO
Last edited by Dmitri on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:13 pm

TEL AVIV – Amid the furor over President Donald Trump’s executive order temporarily halting refugees while the government can revamp its flawed screening process, it may be instructive to recall that President Obama in 2011 reportedly quietly suspended the Iraq refugee program for six months over terrorism fears.

In 2013, ABC News first revealed that two years earlier, the State Department had imposed a freeze over the processing of Iraqi refugees for six months. The halt was the result of the discovery of two al-Qaida members admitted as refugees from Iraq who were living in Bowling Green, Kentucky and who had admitted to targeting U.S. troops in Iraq.

did anyone here protest this? was it racist? :o

As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays, two U.S. officials said. In 2011, fewer than 10,000 Iraqis were resettled as refugees in the U.S., half the number from the year before, State Department statistics show

wow it seems like, its kinda the thing to do......did any of the posters here protest this... :P

even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets.

wow,,,but according to some here they'er pissed off about friends and such....I guess no friends from Iraq,,, :-\
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:18 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:44 pm

windwalker wrote:
wow, hope this helps you to understand your self

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Kv_VmSizrA

Why am I not surprised that you'd use a Black Pigeon Speaks video (a channel popular with right wing nuts with titles such as "Why Women Destroy Nations") to make your point. As for the content of the video... wow, what an ignorant and small minded understanding (if we can call it that) of what racism is. The lack of social and historical context is astounding. If this is the pinnacle of your understanding of racism, you clearly need more education, and deprograming, as you clearly don't understand the differences between racism and racial discrimination. Also, I never said all white people are racists. I alluded to the fact that white people are afforded privileges due to racism in the system. The differences are unsubtle. What's next, articles from the Breitbart?
Last edited by Fubo on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Fubo on Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:50 pm

grzegorz wrote:

Yup
Fubo
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:03 pm

Why am I not surprised that you'd use a Black Pigeon Speaks video (a channel popular with right wing nuts with titles such as "Why Women Destroy Nations") to make your point. As for the content of the video... wow, what an ignorant and small minded understanding (if we can call it that) of what racism is. The lack of social and historical context is astounding. If this is the pinnacle of your understanding of racism, you clearly need more education, and deprograming, as you clearly don't understand the differences between racism and racial discrimination. Also, I never said all white people are racists. I alluded to the fact that white people are afforded privileges due to racism in the system. The differences are unsubtle. What's next, articles from the Breitbart?

Why am I not surprised instead of refuting what he presents you choose to attack it with more labels.I guess it didn't help you...what can one say.
Why not show your large minded and enlightened understanding instead of being an apologist for being white.

Why not just be an American with a view point, instead of a racist

"Well, I'm just sick of people tip toeing around reality. I'm half white, and at first glance appear to be fully white, so I benefit off of a system and current culture that is overtly hostile to non whites."

You do understand that you are "racist" don't you? :-\

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Governor Mike Pence @GovPenceIN

Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.

10:30 AM - 8 Dec 2015

Hmmm. He said it. I agree.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:13 pm

The seven Muslim-majority countries targeted by President Trump in his executive order on immigration were initially identified as "countries of concern" under the Obama administration.

In December 2015, President Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011. Two months later, the Obama administration added Libya, Somalia, and Yemen to the list, in an effort, the administration said, to address "the growing threat from foreign terrorist fighters."

The restrictions specifically limited what is known as visa-waiver travel by those who had visited one of the seven countries within the specified time period.

People who previously could have entered the United States without a visa were instead required to apply for one if they had traveled to one of the seven countries.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/ ... countries/

yep just unfinished business.
good to see one administration handing off to another.
Once they complete the review, then the real extreme vetting will be implemented.
Hope some don't lose their minds :-\
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:36 pm

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby klonk on Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:42 pm

Hope some don't lose their minds :-\

Uhh... 'Tis a kindly hope, but aye too late. :D
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:07 pm

Well, at this rate it is going to be a long eight years for some folks. For others it will be a very entertaining eight years.

All I know is I have plenty of popcorn and beer. So let's run the film roll already. :P

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z5OXON8vIaA
Last edited by Peacedog on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQvx9qtAkWQ

she said "ideology" 3 times, ideological war :o

......maybe someone here needs to let her know its not about "ideology" its really about Muslims.

"take a deep breath" ;)

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic