Putin Puts Trump to the Test

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Putin Puts Trump to the Test

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 pm

"Trump" is the elected President of the United States.

True. And, he's showing himself to be incompetent at that job. And, if part of it is to raise the opinion of people to the U.S., well, you can see for yourself. World leaders are falling all over themselves to show their approval.

Anyway, I'm also hoping for the best.

I love it when they use that to silence the opposition.

With Besty Devois on the cabinet I think it is clear that this Pres will do whatever he wants whether we or his supporters like it or not.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:20 pm

"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:11 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysjMnYvFKe4

"regressive left",,,sounds interesting
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:57 am

Back to Putin already...

Is the FBI taking the Russian dossier about Trump more seriously?

The dossier remains mostly unverified, but sources say that certain details in the document, compiled by a former British spy, have been corroborated.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Foreign-Po ... -seriously
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:03 am

windwalker wrote:"regressive left",,,sounds interesting

The resistance to Trump began in Scotland. It isn't the left that is the issue. The issue is that we have a Kremlin backed salesmen willing to say and do anything for his personal gain while screwing over the little guy. In a few years you too all his suppporters will deny ever supporting him just as all conservatives did with W when they started calling themselves independents instead of Republicans.

Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:25 am

What do you know?

I knew Flynn was in hot water when the Kremlin said sanctions were not discussed.

Kremlin denies Flynn discussed sanctions with Russian ambassador

http://nypost.com/2017/02/13/kremlin-de ... mbassador/

Yet sure enough..

Although if you think Trump did not know about Flynn's phone call you are probably smart enough to be the secretary of education.

Who knows? Maybe they will get Flynn to talk.... -devil-
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:59 am

Here you can read the full dossier yourself.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... tions.html
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:00 am

I wonder if these things had happened to Obama during his first 30 days what Trump would have said.

Anyway, the retirement of the National Security Advisor because of his association with the Kremlin. :) Back in the day, people were executed for less. In fact, I wonder if rendition and "extreme interrogation" might not be warranted. Look up what the NSA does, for ex. Now imagine that he lies (about this) to the president (and the NSC, CIA, FBI, etc.). Otoh, imagine that everyone mentioned knew all the time. Ok, golden mean, "somebody knew something." We need to find out who and what.

If this were the UK ... shucks, I was just think about the Russian who allegedly leaked the Trump dossier -- there might be a disappearance. https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2727446/r ... ar-moscow/

Anyway, since he lied, I want to know all the details, reasons, including payments or other considerations. And I certainly want to know if the president knew. Oh, does that sound unfair?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:36 pm

I believe it is the beginning of the end.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Back in the day, people were executed for less

Link?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:15 pm

grzegorz wrote:I believe it is the beginning of the end.

The end of what?
No matter what happens his administration will continue.

What is it exactly that you and some others seem to be wanting or waiting for.

"There's one number you will almost never hear: More than 1,030 seats." That sobering number is the total of all of the seats — including Congress, state legislatures, and governorships — lost by the Democratic Party over Obama's two terms."

This is what I would think people would be more concerned about. If they lose more positions they really won't
have any position from which to do or change anything.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:15 pm

Read the dossier. It is all there. There is no way this administration will last for the full 4.

We can agree to disagree but more will come out just give it time. No need to debate the clock, Trump is nothing more than a Kremlin backed traitor and Flynn is nothing more than the fall guy.

grzegorz wrote:Image
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:58 pm

I dunno about the dossier apart from the question of ties to (and influence by) Russia.

(Bloomberg) -- Michael Flynn’s abrupt ouster from President Donald Trump’s top national security post prompted a flurry of Republicans calling for a deeper look into the administration’s relations with Russia and Moscow’s alleged interference in U.S. politics.

Senate Foreign Relations Chairman Bob Corker led the way, saying it’s time for Congress to launch a more comprehensive probe into Russian contacts with Trump allies, while Republican Roy Blunt of Missouri, who sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said it’s "likely" that Flynn will be called to testify before the panel. Blunt’s committee is already looking into the election-meddling allegations against Russia.

Senate Armed Services Chairman John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina also said Tuesday that Flynn’s resignation is a critical turning point.

The Republican chairman of the House Oversight Committee meanwhile called for a look at Mar-a-Lago security, and the Office of Government Ethics said that top Trump aide Kellyanne Conway probably violated ethics rules by promoting Ivanka Trump’s clothing line in a television interview inside the White House. An administration official confirmed that Flynn was interviewed by the FBI after he became national security adviser regarding his conversations with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak, prior to Trump’s inauguration.

The New York Times reported earlier on the FBI interview.

These developments contributed to a sense of an administration back on its heels amid questions about its handling of a range of issues, including high-level diplomatic contacts with Russia and a North Korean missile launch.

Democrats, too, stepped up their attacks -- eager to turn the questions from Flynn to Trump himself, over what he knew and when about his national security adviser’s contacts with the Russians.

‘Matter of Trust’

White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer defended the administration’s actions, saying that Flynn hadn’t violated any laws.

Well, the only way to know if what he did was illegal is to know what he did. Anyway, this is interesting.

"There's one number you will almost never hear: More than 1,030 seats." That sobering number is the total of all of the seats — including Congress, state legislatures, and governorships — lost by the Democratic Party over Obama's two terms."

That may be true, but it is preceded by

"In boasting about his tenure in the White House, President Barack Obama often cites numbers like these: 15 million new jobs, a 4.9 percent unemployment rate and 74 months of consecutive job growth," writes the AP's Lisa Lerer in a devastating post-mortem on the Obama presidency. "There's one number you will almost never hear: More than 1,030 seats."

So, yeah, although I can't check, let's say that the job growth numbers and the number of democratic seats are both true. The conclusion of the writer though is that "What worked for Obama just did not work for this party." That's true. The question is why. For example, the fact that Republicans have gained seats has a lot to do with the political maneuvering that was clear in the Democratic party. One difference this election was that Obama wasn't running, and the Clinton/Sanders conflict curbed the enthusiasm of people who would usually vote Democrat. No matter how many seats were gained, it's not because more people were voting. In fact, it was the lowest voter turnout in decades. (Google). Why didn't people vote (Republican or Democrat)? You tell me.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:35 pm

"Democrats reeling from a devastating election face a daunting task: the 2018 Senate map. It favors Republicans in a big way. The GOP will be defending just eight seats, while Democrats must fight for 23 — plus another two held by independents who caucus with Democrats."
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3062 ... ip-in-2018

This is what I would look at as an indication of whether the "Trump" is
successful or not. "Trump's" biggest challenges will be as some have noted from his own party...
Or I should say the GOP party.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:16 pm

Why didn't people vote (Republican or Democrat)? You tell me.

Why do those who didn't vote then, protest now? You tell me.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic