Beat-down in Portland... (Trump angst)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Beat-down in Portland... (Trump angst)

Postby klonk on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:20 pm

Some poor guy got KTFO by anti-Trump protesters. This is not what America's social discourse is supposed to look like.

https://www.facebook.com/FilmingCops/vi ... 916248567/
You can watch this without a facebook account. When it prompts you to log in or sign up, click "not now" and watch the video.

I see something seriously unhinged in the Trump angst of the present time. He's Hitler and you are the resistance? Really? Tell me when your Jedburgh team parachutes into occupied territory, m'kay? Lunatics.
Last edited by klonk on Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Re: Beat-down in Portland... (Trump angst)

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Terrible.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:43 pm

Seriously low-level.
Ian

Postby grzegorz on Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:23 am

Perhaps if we had a president who actually tried to unite the country this would all stop. Yes, I am playing devil's advocate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but just as I would get beat down if I were to show up at skinhead rally it goes without saying that the same could happen in any counter protest where tensions and emotions are running high. I am not saying this is right, in fact far from it what I am saying is don't attend any counter protest no matter which side you are on.

Thanks for posting, I was wondering why my conservative friends are all freaking out on facebook. I will say that this is just the beginning my friends. This sh*t is going to get uglier. I just about this incident passing through LA. There a lot of crazy people out there and they are filled with anger and hate. Stay safe my friends.

Korean grandma attacked by woman shouting white power

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... power.html

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:34 am

Yeah. Nasty. Tacks on mosques, church burning, synagogues being threatened. It ain't angst. It's hatred.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:48 am

Fwiw, it's Trump anxiety, not angst. Kierkegaard would dispute, and might also attribute the expression to DJT.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby phil b on Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:57 am

grzegorz wrote:Perhaps if we had a president who actually tried to unite the country this would all stop. Yes, I am playing devil's advocate. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but just as I would get beat down if I were to show up at skinhead rally it goes without saying that the same could happen in any counter protest where tensions and emotions are running high. I am not saying this is right, in fact far from it what I am saying is don't attend any counter protest no matter which side you are on.

Thanks for posting, I was wondering why my conservative friends are all freaking out on facebook. I will say that this is just the beginning my friends. This sh*t is going to get uglier. I just about this incident passing through LA. There a lot of crazy people out there and they are filled with anger and hate. Stay safe my friends.

Korean grandma attacked by woman shouting white power

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... power.html

You're not playing devil's advocate. It is a thinly veiled justification. Right now, it is the anti-trump vitriol and violence that is creating the serious divisions. Intelligent debate has been replaced with the nonsense you and these people spout.

I watched two journalists discuss Trump. Neither supported him or his ideas, yet onlh one was capable of having an intelligent discussion; the other was too busy spouting hatred and was completely incapable of discussing the topic rationally. The anti-Trump mob are a disgrace and their behaviour is far worse than anything trump and his lot have done.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:18 am

Hold on. Are you saying the woman yelling white power hit the Korean lady because of anti-Trump feelings?

Imo, the problem is that we gotta start by agreeing that some things are right. Hitting someone because of his or her political views, or "ideological" views, or religious views, or race, or ethnic status, or immigrant status is wrong. It's not better or worse because it happens to this or that person. When we start from there, I'm all in.

Afa Klonk's comment about ideas and their consequences, I'm wondering whether any of the Trump-related violence (pro and con) can be traced to his ideas.

Afa a solution, there are American principles repeated all over, on our money, on our court houses, on our statue of liberty, in our pledge of allegiance, even in the Gospels. I can quote those ideas. We used to say "with liberty and justice for all" every day. In our minds "all" meant "all."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:56 am

You know, I think Steve brings up an important point re: Klonk's attributing action to ideas. There also seems to be a double standard at play here.

Trump quite explicitly encouraged violence at his rallies, and we have all seen the videos of protesters being hit and kicked while the crowd cheers him on.

I have not heard any vocal condemnation of the Alt-Right terrorist attack in Quebec. I wonder why?

Spencer was punched twice at the inauguration protests, but he has also called for an assessment of whether all Blacks should be exterminated. Then there was his channeling of Goebbels which elicited Nazi salutes.

So, all that is fine, but people who are agitated over a POTUS who lost the popular vote, was helped to win by Putin, and has gone on to delegitimize the judiciary, free press, and intelligence community are the rotten ones? That just doesn't sit right with me.

If I were like some other posters here, I might ask to see what happened before that person was punched. I'm not, though.

Anyway, here is another take on the matter. I am still on the fence, but I do think a few broken windows are less important than human lives.

文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby phil b on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:05 am

Steve James wrote:Hold on. Are you saying the woman yelling white power hit the Korean lady because of anti-Trump feelings?

No. I was referring to the original post and the response quoted. The attack on the Korean woman was not part of my point and I think that it is pretty clear what I was responding to.
The attack on the Korean is quite different to the attack in the original post in terms of motive. Libtards would have us believe that racially motivated attacks are because of Trump, brexit etc. There may have been a rise in reported cases, but equally there has been evidence of spurious claims made only to incite more protest and violence.

I am a foreigner in the country that I live in and experience racism, albeit mild, most days. I am not equal in the eyes of the law here and accept that as part of the deal. It isn't because of Trump or brexit, it is simply how it is.
Just your average office worker :p
phil b
Anjing

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:20 am

Why is it that people who use the word "libtard" are the ones who generally display cognitive deficiencies?

Highly educated adults – particularly those who have attended graduate school – are far more likely than those with less education to take predominantly liberal positions across a range of political values.

http://www.people-press.org/2016/04/26/ ... ed-adults/

This paper examines the effects of education and cognitive sophistication on willingness to extend civil liberties to nonconformist groups. We conducted secondary analysis of the 1984 General Society Survey data. The results show that there is a strong tolerance dimension that cuts across groups and types of actions. We found strong positive effects of education on a multiple target group tolerance scale that included both left-wing and right-wing groups. A substantial fraction of the education effect on tolerance is mediated by cognitive sophistication. The effects of education on tolerance are strong even when a person has negative feelings toward the target group. This paper helps identify why and when (e.g., cognitive sophistication and dislike of a target group) education enhances political tolerance. We discuss the implications of the research for debates on the education-tolerance relationship.

https://academic.oup.com/poq/article-ab ... ESTING-THE

Focusing on the relationship between education and tolerance toward ethnic out-groups in the Danish public, this analysis presents evidence in support of the argument that an important mechanism behind the positive impact of education on tolerance is cognitive constraint: Academic education promotes the ability to connect ideas, and minds equipped with this ability will tend to generalize the norms of the prevailing democratic culture to include ethnic relations. This tendency is particularly apparent when political orientations of the liberal left are added to common democratic norms. The constrained mind that holds left-leaning political beliefs is compelled to express ethnic tolerance. On the other hand, constrained minds permit themselves to be intolerant only when subscribing to right-wing political ideas explicitly at variance with liberal democratic ideals. Interestingly, cognitive constraint is high also in the minority among people lacking in academic education that scores high on tolerance. Compared to their less tolerant peers, the members of this minority are much more likely to be involved in political organizations, for the most part at the ideological left. This indicates that in Denmark such organizations serve a function that in terms of fostering ability to connect ideas is equivalent to the function of academic institutions.

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF01498597
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:40 am

phil b wrote:
Steve James wrote:Hold on. Are you saying the woman yelling white power hit the Korean lady because of anti-Trump feelings?

No. I was referring to the original post and the response quoted. The attack on the Korean woman was not part of my point and I think that it is pretty clear what I was responding to.
The attack on the Korean is quite different to the attack in the original post in terms of motive. Libtards would have us believe that racially motivated attacks are because of Trump, brexit etc. There may have been a rise in reported cases, but equally there has been evidence of spurious claims made only to incite more protest and violence.

I am a foreigner in the country that I live in and experience racism, albeit mild, most days. I am not equal in the eyes of the law here and accept that as part of the deal. It isn't because of Trump or brexit, it is simply how it is.

I thought it was, maybe others missed it.
Shortly you will come under attack for expressing a view point.
Expect it.

Not your ideas, or observations.

I watched two journalists discuss Trump. Neither supported him or his ideas, yet only one was capable of having an intelligent discussion; the other was too busy spouting hatred and was completely incapable of discussing the topic rationally. The anti-Trump mob are a disgrace and their behaviour is far worse than anything trump and his lot have done.

It is interesting isn't it.
" It’s all in the Form; but only if it is, ALL in the Form."

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:54 am

a post from another site on CalEXIT,,,

There is true tolerance, and there is self righteous and self congratulatory tolerance. True tolerance can have a dialogue with people it disagrees with, and agrees to disagree...it can admit when a certain group is a destructive force in society (Islamists).

The false tolerance allows no room for opinions other than its own...labels outside opinions, so as to demonize the people with them in order to feel better about itself...ends up fighting those people with the violence it claims that it stands against...and turns a blind eye to the destructive aspects of what they perceive as minorities that need their help. For instance, allowing all Syrian refugees into their country, despite the fact that in Europe this has led to violence and everyone knows that terrorists have infiltrated the refugee groups.

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/43302-calexit/

It has been reported that Isis, and other groups said they would use the refugees to gain access to other areas
to carry on their agenda.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:56 am

Philb, your post included Greg's post about the Korean woman to make a point. You wrote:

No. I was referring to the original post and the response quoted. The attack on the Korean woman was not part of my point

Then, you shouldn't have included it in your response. I know what you want to focus on is anti-Trump (and anti-Trump policy) violence. I just tried to make the point that being outraged at violence shouldn't depend on who's being violated. I.e., condemn both and we can agree. Anyway,

Hmm, what country are you talking about where you experience racism, albeit mild? Other than that, are you arguing that that is "just the way it is" and we should accept/expect it here?

The anti-Trump mob are a disgrace and their behaviour is far worse than anything trump and his lot have done.

Two Trump supporters (or his lot) have walked into a church and killed 9 people and walked into a mosque and killed 6. What have the anti-Trump people done worse?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:40 am

Two Trump supporters (or his lot) have walked into a church and killed 9 people and walked into a mosque and killed 6. What have the anti-Trump people done worse?

"was one of black gang who beat, burned and tortured him chanting 'f*** Trump, f*** white people"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4XpUdRWbh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Are they part of the anit-Trump supporters, or part of their lot?
Last edited by windwalker on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

empty circle taiji
windwalker
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic