Oklahoma City Bombing

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Oklahoma City Bombing

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:01 am

Oklahoma City . American Experience .

WGBH | PBS

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperie ... homa-city/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Oklahoma City Bombing

Postby chud on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:07 pm

Whatever happened to John Doe No. 2 ...
chud
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:37 am

chud wrote:Whatever happened to John Doe No. 2 ...

Life in prison. From the doc Terry Nichols wanted out but McVeigh said he would kill him and his family. I believed they served in the military together. In the trial Terry Nichols said he has a dream every night that he calls the police and they stop attack but then he wakes up. A third man got out in 2006 and is in the witness protection program.

The documentary covers a lot of details and focuses heavily on Waco and Ruby Ridge. I was impressed with how well they lay out why and how these events shaped McVeigh's views.

I actually knew a film maker that made a movie about Waco which essentially showed Waco to be an AFT murder massacre. I don't know if those issues have been disputed but at the time I was also convinced the government was to blame but now I know that these videos often have a pre-conceived narrative.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby chud on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:48 am

Terry Nichols is not John Doe No. 2, dig a little deeper.
chud
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:09 am

chud wrote:Terry Nichols is not John Doe No. 2, dig a little deeper.

Right, right.

In Search of John Doe No. 2: The Story the Feds Never Told About the Oklahoma City Bombing | Mother Jones
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2007/ ... ty-bombing
Last edited by grzegorz on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:55 am, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:33 am

This is going over my head. Does John Doe number 2 change the fact that these terrorists murdered 168 people, mostly Christian, in an act of Christian on Christian violence? I remember that day well, too. People were saying it must have been Muslims. The Waco situation was a disaster. So was the 1985 government firebombing of the MOVE headquarters in Philadelphia. But, Tim McVeigh showed no remorse or regret for putting a bomb in front of a day care center before he was executed in 2001.

Anyway, so, just for curiosity's sake, let me in on the inside dope. Who was John Doe #3 really and where did you get the information?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:10 pm

grzegorz wrote:
Right, right.

In Search of John Doe No. 2: The Story the Feds Never Told About the Oklahoma City Bombing | Mother Jones
http://m.motherjones.com/politics/2007/ ... ty-bombing

Yes, John Doe No. 2 was either Kenney Trentadue or Michael William Brescia.
Either way, John Doe No. 2 went from being the most wanted man in America to suddenly being an issue that investigators did not want to discuss. Interesting, eh?
Last edited by chud on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
chud
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic