Broner vs. Granados free live stream on Twitter (Over)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Broner vs. Granados free live stream on Twitter (Over)

Postby marvin8 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:04 pm

2/18/17 6:00 pm PT. Sorry, late notice.

https://twitter.com/i/live/828737836316717057
Last edited by marvin8 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Broner vs. Granados free live stream available on Twitter

Postby everything on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:00 pm

caught the end, thanks.

who did you think won?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Broner vs. Granados free live stream available on Twitter

Postby marvin8 on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:16 pm

I wasn't really scoring the fight. But, I thought Granados won or it was a draw. But, Broner won the last round from his 3 punch flurry. Granados is a little too open after he punches.

I wanted Granados to win. Because, Broner doesn't throw very many punches and seems to be lazy. :)
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Broner vs. Granados free live stream on Twitter (Over)

Postby everything on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:49 am

I slightly preferred Granados to win due to volume of attempts, but wasn't sure how the first 6-7 rounds went.

In the post fight interviews, Broner said he hurt his left hand and couldn't jab so had to switch to close range punching. Maybe explains his lower volume and less attacking style. He landed more shots from fewer thrown, though.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:51 am

everything wrote:I slightly preferred Granados to win due to volume of attempts, but wasn't sure how the first 6-7 rounds went.

In the post fight interviews, Broner said he hurt his left hand and couldn't jab so had to switch to close range punching. Maybe explains his lower volume and less attacking style. He landed more shots from fewer thrown, though.

He may have hurt his hand. However, I was speaking more of Broner's history of low workrate. In addition, his past personality. He would brag he's the next Mayweather, star of boxing, undefeated, etc. Then when he lost his first fight, he ran out of the ring without interviewing. That's why he apologized to parents, in this post fight interview, for his past antics.

The replay is currently on Youtube if you search on, "Adrien Broner Vs Adrian Granados Full Fight, long."
Last edited by marvin8 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:40 am

Ohhh had no idea of any of the backstory of these fighters. Interesting. I don't have Showtime or HBO, and also not following the sport. The twitter feed definitely reeled me in, though. Definitely want to catch more boxing. Any other events coming up you'd recommend? Especially if live streamed.
everything
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:33 pm

everything wrote:Ohhh had no idea of any of the backstory of these fighters. Interesting. I don't have Showtime or HBO, and also not following the sport. The twitter feed definitely reeled me in, though. Definitely want to catch more boxing. Any other events coming up you'd recommend? Especially if live streamed.

That was an unprecedented, one time deal for Twitter.* I don't know if it will be repeated.
Excerpt from Twitter Laces Up Showtime Boxing Bouts for Free Live-Streaming Coverage, http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/sh ... 201991446/:
Variety wrote:For now, the Twitter deal with Showtime — marking the first live boxing event on the social service — is a one-night-only deal. Twitter is selling preroll advertising as well as sponsorships for highlight clips, sharing revenue with Showtime. Still, the pact furthers Twitter’s goal of bringing more live video, geared around sports, news and other events, to the platform in a bid to boost ad revenue.

Showtime, meanwhile, is looking at the Twitter deal as promotional: It wants to give fans of the sport a taste of boxing action in the hopes they’ll ultimately subscribe. In the same vein, the CBS-owned cabler is offering a free preview to some 73 million U.S. pay-TV households from Friday, Feb. 17, through Monday, Feb. 20.

“With this unprecedented live stream on Twitter, we have the opportunity to reach boxing fans and casual observers everywhere with the industry-leading boxing programming we deliver to our subscribers on a consistent basis,” Stephen Espinoza, EVP and GM of Showtime Sports, said in a statement.

A few interesting upcoming boxing fights:
Danny Garcia vs. Keith Thurman — March 4, 2017
Kell Brook vs Errol Spence — May 20, 2017

Gennady Golovkin vs. Daniel Jacobs — March 18, 2017
Anthony Joshua vs Wladimir Klitschko — April 29, 2017
Saul Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr — May 06, 2017

* I sent you a PM. ;)
marvin8
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:12 pm

Thanks for the event list and message. It looks like Twitter is probably going to do some more to compete against Facebook Live. Competition is good for the consumer!
everything
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic