Milo Out!

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Milo Out!

Postby Steve James on Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:43 am

Why did you use "the left" in your post? Who is the he left? I wanted to know what it or they had to do with Lehren's suspension.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15457
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Milo Out!

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:37 am

Michael wrote:
Steve James wrote:The woman was suspended because she voiced "pro choice" sentiments. That's considered leftist to some. The claim is also made that Beck feared her because she was getting too much attention. Here she is in her own words: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 41311.html

Most people agree with her. It's not about "left" v "right."

Yes, I also think most people agree with her, that's why I was confused by your previous post because I don't know who here is raning about a left that doesn't exist.


Most people agree with Tomi on abortion? You mean in China?
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: Milo Out!

Postby Steve James on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 am

To me, what's interesting is that Milo and Tomi were suspended or resigned because of things they said. In both cases, the suggestion has been that it was the result of pressure from the left. To me, it was more relevant to discuss what they actually said first. I.e., start by asserting agreement or disagreement with men having sex with 12 and 13 year-olds. Michael may not have seen the point I was making, but at least he came down with a position on the debate.

So, on one hand we have someone who resigned because of his views on pederasty, and otoh someone who was suspended because of her views on abortion. I'm not going to defend Milo just because "the left" doesn't like him. And, I'm not going to condemn Toni just because she is a darling of "the right."
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15457
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Milo Out!

Postby Michael on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:58 am

Steve James wrote:Why did you use "the left" in your post? Who is the he left? I wanted to know what it or they had to do with Lehren's suspension.

Oh, got it now. I missed your point because when I wrote "the left," it was part of a summary of the video I posted. I don't think the video, or anybody here, makes a straw man out of the left, really just the opposite, faulting the right for not permitting Tomi or others to have their particular issues where they are not perfectly in the conservative mainstream, as in being pro-choice.

grzegorz wrote:
Michael wrote:
Steve James wrote:The woman was suspended because she voiced "pro choice" sentiments. That's considered leftist to some. The claim is also made that Beck feared her because she was getting too much attention. Here she is in her own words: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 41311.html

Most people agree with her. It's not about "left" v "right."

Yes, I also think most people agree with her, that's why I was confused by your previous post because I don't know who here is raning about a left that doesn't exist.


Most people agree with Tomi on abortion? You mean in China?

Not most people as in a majority of the USA, but most people who are in this discussion on RSF, including those whose videos have been posted here on the topic, like the video I posted that I gave a one-line summary for.

But yeah, China. It's seeing a place like this makes me more appreciative of people who want abortion to be illegal. This is not a sci-fi novel over here, it's real and the forced abortions are real. You register your pregnancy and if it is not approved, depending on where you live, you will be coerced financially, and less often physically, to have an abortion. Certainly millions and millions have gone this way since 1979.
Last edited by Michael on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Michael
Great Old One
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:05 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China

Re: Milo Out!

Postby Michael on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:00 am

Steve James wrote:To me, what's interesting is that Milo and Tomi were suspended or resigned because of things they said.

Glen Beck said in a 4 minute clip Tomi was no suspended for the pro-choice thing, but he didn't say what for.
Last edited by Michael on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Michael
Great Old One
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:05 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China

Re: Milo Out!

Postby Steve James on Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:15 am

Most Americans are pro-choice, even if they're anti abortion. But, my point was that it was not a left right issue. It is true that some GOP people have argued that a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest is God's plan. I don't think many accept that view.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15457
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Milo Out!

Postby Michael on Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:44 am

Yup.
User avatar
Michael
Great Old One
 
Posts: 11132
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 7:05 pm
Location: Guangzhou, China

Re: Milo Out!

Postby grzegorz on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:17 pm

Michael wrote:But yeah, China. It's seeing a place like this makes me more appreciative of people who want abortion to be illegal. This is not a sci-fi novel over here, it's real and the forced abortions are real. You register your pregnancy and if it is not approved, depending on where you live, you will be coerced financially, and less often physically, to have an abortion. Certainly millions and millions have gone this way since 1979.


Which is why I believe it is the women's right to make that decision. Whether it is forcing an abortion or enforcing a bam on abortion to me it is one and the same, trampling women's rights to make those decisions.

Even if it were outlawed here it wouldn't change a thing in the PRC.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: Milo Out!

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:39 am

And the violence in Berkeley continues...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/04/ ... terrified/
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: Milo Out!

Postby chud on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:21 am

grzegorz wrote:And the violence in Berkeley continues...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/04/ ... terrified/


Isn't that the girl who posted online that she was going to Berkeley to "collect some scalps"?
User avatar
chud
Great Old One
 
Posts: 3512
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Alamo City, Lone Star State

Re: Milo Out!

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:34 am

That does seem to be the line of reasoning some Trump supporters are using for beating the stuffing out of anti-Trump protesters. So is the logic here that the Nazi recognized the lady and socked her in self-defense?

https://theralphretort.com/life-comes-a ... s-4015017/

Seeing as people say all kinds of insanity online, especially Alex Jones whose lawyer is arguing that Alex is a complete fraud to protect him from having his children taken away, I ask you does a facebook post justify voilence?

Or can voilence (and the threat of rape) be justified on a far right wing radio performance artist for threatening a congressmen?

https://youtu.be/9qX5ZbZJrY4
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: Milo Out!

Postby BruceP on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:54 am

chud wrote:
Isn't that the girl who posted online that she was going to Berkeley to "collect some scalps"?


Yeah, it is. Poor thing.

SAP gloves, wine bottle, the moldy locks she made from nazi scalps:
Image

The video doesn't support her fiction, either. But that's par for the course with the fake hate these snowflakes experience when they try to protest.

Good thing those 'anti-fascists' are there to show the fascists how to be real fascists. Their tolerance for, and acceptance of ideas that differ from their own can be seen in how they welcome people who espouse differing points of view, with peaceful protest and orderly assembly. They go with the intent to share their sticks, rocks, bike locks and wine bottles with the misguided souls who can't see past their patriotism and privilege. Sad!
BruceP
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: Milo Out!

Postby Steve James on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 am

Meh, all I see is a guy beating the crap out of a woman. It's a punk move. If she had him down and was kicking him, it'd be a punk move. The guy is an avowed "white supremacist," and not all are fascists (or have anything to do with Roman fascism, anyway). Attacks on him are as predictable as attacks by Jews on Nazis, or confrontations at KKK marches. Non-violence is better, of course.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
User avatar
Steve James
Great Old One
 
Posts: 15457
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 8:20 am

Re: Milo Out!

Postby grzegorz on Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:55 am

BruceP wrote:
chud wrote:
Isn't that the girl who posted online that she was going to Berkeley to "collect some scalps"?


Yeah, it is. Poor thing.

SAP gloves, wine bottle, the moldy locks she made from nazi scalps:
Image

The video doesn't support her fiction, either. But that's par for the course with the fake hate these snowflakes experience when they try to protest.

Good thing those 'anti-fascists' are there to show the fascists how to be real fascists. Their tolerance for, and acceptance of ideas that differ from their own can be seen in how they welcome people who espouse differing points of view, with peaceful protest and orderly assembly. They go with the intent to share their sticks, rocks, bike locks and wine bottles with the misguided souls who can't see past their patriotism and privilege. Sad!


Wine bottle? What wine bottle?

Or are you using the fake facebook argument that she was throwing explosives at the crowd?

Look at the video and you will see that she had nothing in her hands and if the Nazi is taking out a terrorist then why does he run off like a kid stealing gum instead of capturing her?
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke
User avatar
grzegorz
Wuji
 
Posts: 4531
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:42 pm
Location: Divided States of America

Re: Milo Out!

Postby BruceP on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 pm

grzegorz wrote:Wine bottle? What wine bottle?

Or are you using the fake facebook argument that she was throwing explosives at the crowd?

Look at the video and you will see that she had nothing in her hands and if the Nazi is taking out a terrorist then why does he run off like a kid stealing gum instead of capturing her?



You already went full fallacy in the post above mine and you're doing it again in your reply to what I posted. Maybe you don't know any better? - shrug

Mute works best with this vid:

BruceP
Great Old One
 
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 3:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest