Milo Out!

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Milo Out!

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:33 pm

Sure, you believe in free speech, liberty, truth and justice. And you'd give your life to protect the right of a Muslim to hate America. Much respect.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:57 pm

For the record I don't think it was Milos as much as Milos being a Breitbart contributor that got protestors to shutdown the speaking engagement at the UC. I don't think Maher got that either.

Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:17 am

grzegorz wrote:Perhaps Milo's is part of a vast conspiracy to get conservatives to realize that homosexuals are just like them.

Nonsense. I stopped doing tai chi years ago.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:29 am

klonk wrote:
grzegorz wrote:Perhaps Milo's is part of a vast conspiracy to get conservatives to realize that homosexuals are just like them.

Nonsense. I stopped doing tai chi years ago.

Touchdown!
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:14 am

leifeng wrote: What I'm wondering is whether the whole Bill Maher thing was a bait to lure him to the surface so that they could attack him from all sides by some old interviews after that. Maybe that's why Bill Maher was nice to him ::)

You called it.

Bill Maher, Faulted for Booking Milo Yiannopoulos, Takes Credit for His Fall - NYTimes.com

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/a ... .com/?_rdr

Well, let’s recap. About a week ago, I went on Van Jones’s show, and somebody asked me about the booking. I hadn’t really gotten into the details of Milo yet. He was just getting on my radar. I said, specifically, sunlight is the best disinfectant. Then we had Milo on, despite the fact that many people said, “Oh, how dare you give a platform to this man.” What I think people saw was an emotionally needy Ann Coulter wannabe, trying to make a buck off of the left’s propensity for outrage. And by the end of the weekend, by dinnertime Monday, he’s dropped as a speaker at CPAC. Then he’s dropped by Breitbart, and his book deal falls through. As I say, sunlight is the best disinfectant. You’re welcome.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 am

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:55 am

Pointing out devils among us is a two-edged sword. In what the Inquisitions did not show us about that the French Revolution made our lessons complete.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:15 am

Imo, if you tell your truth, you won't care if they get you. You want them to.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:11 am

grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:14 am

windwalker wrote:
totally misses the point, the issue was and is freedom of speech.
don't need to agree with him to support his right to say what he wants.

Actually the Constitution protects your free speech from the government. The government did not infringe on Milos's free speech.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:35 am

klonk wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotcha_journalism

I don't think it was a Sarah Palin moment as much as why fear this fool moment. I think Bill nailed it when he said that dude is an emotionally needy Ann Coulter. I still don't believe it was Bill's plan as much as he knew that there was more hype than substance but sure enough Milos became exposed.

If conservatives want people like Milos and Trump representing them that is fine but as it turns out these types have skeletons in the closet.
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Speaking of free speech I noticed a lot of my conservative friends on Facebook are boycotting Starbucks because the CEOs stance on gay marriage. Funny how that works.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby chud on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:41 pm

grzegorz wrote:
I don't think it was a Sarah Palin moment as much as why fear this fool moment.

I think you are correct that the Left were afraid of Milo; that's why they reacted so hysterically (and not just at Berkeley either).

If the Left had given it some thought, they would have chosen someone to speak and then debated Milo; he is willing to debate anyone. Instead liberals reacted in a very violent and fascist manner, and have now lost credibility because they looked so bad.

Bill Maher did it right, he just brought Milo on his show and talked to him.
chud
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Milo spoke: Milo resigned. Nuff said.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:53 pm

chud wrote:
grzegorz wrote:
I don't think it was a Sarah Palin moment as much as why fear this fool moment.

I think you are correct that the Left were afraid of Milo; that's why they reacted so hysterically (and not just at Berkeley either).

If the Left had given it some thought, they would have chosen someone to speak and then debated Milo; he is willing to debate anyone. Instead liberals reacted in a very violent and fascist manner, and have now lost credibility because they looked so bad.

Bill Maher did it right, he just brought Milo on his show and talked to him.

I respect your opinion but personally I find the president blocking out media organizations from a press conference much more embarrassing than anything Black Bloc has done.

Could you imagine if Obama did that?
Last edited by grzegorz on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic