Foot injury..

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Foot injury..

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:23 am

I'm surprised With the time you have been in China and all the teachers you have had that you haven't picked up any hit and bruise medical skills
Last edited by wayne hansen on Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:30 am

Ime, an x-ray is given to make sure that nothing is fractured or wrong. Imo, it would always be best to know. Either way, it seems obvious that resting to allow the body to heal will be necessary. Treat your foot as if you want it to function well for the longest possible time. Your older self will thank you for it.

That's all ideal. Personally, I've had to work through injuries because I had to work. If you can afford to recuperate, do so. If you can't, then do as little as possible; but, unless this competition is really important to you, it's probably better to go as a spectator.

Afa kicking trees, ah, the invincibility of youth :)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby yeniseri on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:17 pm

Mr Fish' advice is strong enoogh where the Xray can validate degree of "injury" (if anythen stick with the PT model (allopathic) or with integration, use the information to see the TCM professional (usually bonesetter and some variation of dit da jow depending on injury. Waiting too long can worsen healing if not seen immediately!
Again, consulting with the appropriate medical professional is always the best policy, whether degreed, certified, registered or combination thereof.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 am

wayne hansen wrote:I'm surprised With the time you have been in China and all the teachers you have had that you haven't picked up any hit and bruise medical skills

I picked it up before I came here and helped people with sport injuries and chronic pain, which is the basis of my opinion that the healing process can be optimized and accelerated, but @everything, the two or three I learned from were all Chinese culture/medicine/martial arts related docs and healers.
Michael

Postby everything on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:32 am

Hi Michael, can you perhaps comment in general on the optimization/acceleration?

I'm using PRICE, sleep, omega-3, good nutrition, specific rehab movements. That's about all I can think of. Things are coming along, but always interested to heal faster/better.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:16 am

Sent you a PM.
Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic