London attack

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: London attack

Postby windwalker on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:19 am

RobP3 wrote:
windwalker wrote:
Names and labels when all else fails. About right.. ::)
What do you use this site as a "platform" for "commercials" , "advertising"
by posting "those" kind of videos.

my post started from a choice of what I felt was poor wording that the OP has since tried to clarify.
I understand his view point, didn't agree with it. Still don't...

No, all else does not fail, you just continually refuse to answer or acknowledge any fact that does not support your view, or the views of those you put forward. A bit like a troll.

Interesting that your on-line construct does not approve of people making a living from teaching martial arts. Or perhaps not given your continuous stream of (other people's) clips of dubious and questionable practices. All with the back story, of course, of anonymous teachers of amazing ability, "combat experience" and similar tales of wonder. A bit like a troll.

talk of trolling, not bad you do it well ;)

my online construct is not much different then my offline.
I don't care how anyone makes their living, if its selling their craft so be it,
not one to judge just be up front about it
which in your case its not clear.

"Dubious and questionable practices",,,wow I like it 8-)
"Similar tales of wonder",,,you gotta be kidding right,,,

a little of track there young jedi, there are people here who've
met me and my teacher while in China, and others who know of me..
For CMA I try to stay very grounded,,,and yes I've worked with known and unknown
teachers over the yrs.....whats the problem....

you haven't presented any facts,,,

so far you dont like:

the title of the clip
you dispute what the London mayor said, which he did say btw
you keep mentioning and talking about Muslims, while I talk about Islamic extremist terrorist and the ideology they
represent. The west as of yet doesn't really seem to have an answer for this nor a name by which it can be called when
a religion becomes a extremist ideology. ie focusing on providing a world-view about the materialistic world.

Some have said it was a lone wolf attack,,,was it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOodPSfCDa0&t=232s

there's a few who bring together facts in a coherent manor, biased or not I think it depends on ones own filters.
I just use them to show the time line which they present.

If they'er wrong, select some " facts" and explain or clarify...

Others post clips which I really dont like or care for, but I do understand that its "their" view point
if it interest me enough I will comment or post a counter narrative
or ask for clarification which they may or may not give just as I do, or do not when I feel its pointless.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:32 am

windy, I took the numbers directly from the offtopic post,
but anyway , _
- 30 000 to 300 000 is still 1:10...
and
point is , I mean fish is,- that official aim of the war can be quite different then reality,
-where the profits go?
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:38 am

edited :P
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:50 am

wiesiek wrote:windy, I took the numbers directly from the offtopic post,
but anyway , _
- 30 000 to 300 000 is still 1:10...
and
point is , I mean fish is,- that official aim of the war can be quite different then reality,
-where the profits go?

does it matter 1:10 or what ever number....
I would say one is by design the other is a matter of consequence.
both cause death, one to implement an ideology in my view not compatible with western values.
The other as a consequence of crime and other social problems on going in the US.

Whether one feels so or not, we'er in a war.....you say it may or may not be clear for what, I would disagree..
We'er posting on a thread that started with another attack which seems to becoming
the new normal......some here have different view points.....my point and only point
is that this seems to be part of much lager movement that most gov, and politicians
are not addressing.... and until recently by the last administration was not even acknowledged

A religion becomes an ideology when its man-made elements become an idée fixe and are seized upon as an idea that can be imposed on all political and social institutions in the interests of power. The temptation was explained best in Dostoevsky’s tale of the Grand Inquisitor where the inquisitor explains to Jesus the essence of an ideology’s appeal:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/61861/s ... mie-glazov

some thoughts regarding the distinction between religion and ideology.
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:47 am

ha,
place, where politicians really care about,- is the pocket, ideology not so close...
religion, well, it was/is ideology from very beginning, quite fast adopted for easy ruling masses.
Religion as the Opium for peoples getting nice new clothes in this scene, dough.
Last edited by wiesiek on Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:13 am

does it matter 1:10 or what ever number.

Not to those who don't care, it doesn't. Sure, it could be a million to one. They don't count.

an ideology in my view not compatible with western values.

Do you mean values like marrying girls at 12 (which is still legal in the U.S.)?
Do you mean respect for women's rights? Specifically, that women should be treated the same as men and have the same opportunities?
Do you mean the right to vote for one's political representatives?
Or, do you mean "freedom of religion?"
Or, better yet, is there "freedom of ideology" in the west? I seem to remember you arguing that the alt-right, etc., have a right to their views?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:34 am

I can simplify the question. The mayor of London is Muslim. What would he have to do to be compatible with western civilization? In your view, of course. Or do you still disagree with him holding office at all?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:20 am

The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:55 am

Here, here.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:54 pm

Meh. Sounds like someone has a bit of that Cold War mentality, which is understandable even if misguided. Blathering on about the UK military gallantly "defending" themselves is a joke given their history of conquest and colonization. AFA WWII is concerned, too little too late. Appease, appease, appease. The US was even worse, but also suffers from the mismemory perpetuated after '45. Was the UK the real hero of the War? Was the US? Who sacrificed the most in the fight against Hitler? That's right, neither of those two stalwarts of democracy. They were busy either worrying or profiteering.

The London attack was terrible, and it is always sad when people are killed. But, why are these attacks (I don't think it is proper to call them terrorist attacks until we start calling what the West does the same) happening? What is the history behind them? Or, is it really just that there is some incompatible "ideology" at work here? I don't think so--not for one second.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:34 pm

Well, what I took from it was that London and England had not fallen and that the misguided jihadis won't cow the people. He also said that it was because of people like the policeman who was killed who will ensure that. Fwiw, I felt the same way after the 9/11 attacks in my city. I agree with the sentiment that terror attacks won't succeed.

Afa the death toll, yeah, it was minor compared to what's happening to innocent people in the ME. I agree with the anger about that,
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:57 pm

Steve James wrote:Well, what I took from it was that London and England had not fallen and that the misguided jihadis won't cow the people. He also said that it was because of people like the policeman who was killed who will ensure that. Fwiw, I felt the same way after the 9/11 attacks in my city. I agree with the sentiment that terror attacks won't succeed.

Afa the death toll, yeah, it was minor compared to what's happening to innocent people in the ME. I agree with the anger about that,

Hi Steve, I do agree with every part that you point out here. I just didn't like the intro. I should have addressed it to him and not you. Apologies. Also, I never lived for any real period of time in NYC, but I had three siblings who did at the time, with one working in the ESB. I had a very emotional reaction to that attack and even supported the war with the Taliban. Not so sure I would now, but hard to say in hindsight.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:24 pm

I think he was refering to how we stood up alone during 'The Blitz' chaps. He mentioned the Luftwaffe, German airforce, nothing more.

re the guy who carried out the recent attack, there was an article on him in one of the papers and he was a real bad penny even before he had been to prison at radicalised. His life history reads like that of a psychopath, i dont think he needed much radicalisation at all.

Thats the problem, there are way too many people living in uk who actually hate the country, the people and our culture.
Last edited by Mr_Wood on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Mr_Wood on Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:46 pm

The sky will punish you
Mr_Wood
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:05 pm

I know he was referring to the Blitz, but he was using it as an example of how people like him will react to jihadist terrorism.

I agree that people who hate the country should leave.
Steve James
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic