it could have been one of us

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: it could have been one of us

Postby grzegorz on Mon May 29, 2017 11:00 pm

As I recall you almost got into a physical confrontation with some lawyers having a private conversation at which point I also pointed out that things could have turned out very badly for you.

Yes, I agree in staying out of physical confrontations which is why I did not get involved with thief at Wal-Mart. I did not see the point of escalating things to possibly more violence over $10 for Wal-Mart.

This is the nature of a fight. Things could have gone the other way and we could be celebrating these men stopping the terror.

Last edited by grzegorz on Mon May 29, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Mon May 29, 2017 11:18 pm

As I recall you almost got into a physical confrontation with some lawyers having a private conversation at which point I also pointed out that things could have turned out very badly for you.

for the record, it was the lawyer guy who was getting a little agitated, not me...
I'm well aware of my own skill level.....it would have been bad for both had he escalated it.
there are no winners..both lose

As this is way off topic,,,I'm out...

respect for all vets, past and present
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon May 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Sure and I didn't say otherwise but I don't see how your situation was any different. I have seen plenty of people get defeated who were completely convinced of their skill. One mistake and who knows?
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon May 29, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon May 29, 2017 11:57 pm

If there is anything for anyone to gain from this incident as that we can all easily end up a statistic. Instead of believing we are bad asses we are probably much better off asking ourselves what purpose would it serve to get into a confrontation, verbal or otherwise, with a complete stranger. As far as this situation it sounds like the man was already threatening the women in which case the victims were probably trying to stop any violence. Perhaps we will find out more later. Either way, this kind of thing happens all the time. People get into a verbal argument and someone ends up in the hospital which is why I only get into confrontations in self-defense (not some macho bs), when it is obvious that the only other option is being a victim. Lucky for me once I go dark things stop there. I have nothing to prove but (like most of us) I have my sh*t too and if I fight I have already accepted that one of us isn't walking away but I hope to never play those odds.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue May 30, 2017 12:08 am, edited 8 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue May 30, 2017 6:13 am

windwaker vs lawyers - no touch chi blast contest. Would be awesome. Can I get it on pay per view?
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue May 30, 2017 9:55 am

Tom wrote:I've seen WW go up against a lawyer. It was not pretty. Cha rather than chi resolved it. And some good burritos, just south of Golden Gate Park.

;)
yep they were good burritos
windwalker
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue May 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Video or it never happened.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed May 31, 2017 3:47 am

windwalker wrote:
Tom wrote:I've seen WW go up against a lawyer. It was not pretty. Cha rather than chi resolved it. And some good burritos, just south of Golden Gate Park.

;)
yep they were good burritos

Was this the place?
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Wed May 31, 2017 3:05 pm

soooooo.... back to the knife?

ImageImageImage

jimmy
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Kong Jing on a train?

https://youtu.be/FHxp6MtmEK4
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:27 am

windwalker wrote:
What law did the man break if its determined that he responded to an attack.

Verbally assaulting or threatening someone is a crime and you know that but probably created this thread just to slip that nugget in.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Previous

Return to Off the Topic