Mayweather vs. Mcgregor

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Mayweather vs. Mcgregor

Postby cloudz on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 am

Wow, this fight actually got made!

I'm definitely in the Mayweather corner, in terms of who I think will dominate and win the fight.. Just my feeling, but you just never know right. Connor could give a better fight of it than might be expected, it's a tough one to call, but it's hard to see past Mayweather for me. I guess we'll soon find out :)
Last edited by cloudz on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: Mayweather vs. Mcgregor

Postby middleway on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:56 am

The most flagrant money making scheme in combat sports history. hahaha

To me this fight is more akin to WWE than a serious combat sports event. Its for entertainment and money. Seeing Mcgregor sparring with a semi handy boxer is embarising ... against one of the best in history ... yikes.
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:57 pm

After seeing Money take on Canelo I doubt that he will have any trouble here. Of course anything can happen...
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby junglist on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:39 am

Who cares.

GGG/Canelo anybody?
junglist
Anjing

Postby Steve James on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:00 pm

GGG/Canelo anybody?

A far more interesting fight to watch, imo. Even Klitschko v Ward is more exciting. The only draw for the Mayweather/Conor is that both are dislikeable and the smack talk and build up will probably be fun.

Now, if I were to bet, it would be $10 on Mayweather and $100 on Conor. The reason for the Conor bet is the possible payout. I'd hope it'd get to 25 to 1.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:43 am

Oops meant Kovalev, but Ward won anyway.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:51 am

I swore I would never pay for another Mayweather fight after the boring fight with Pacquiao.
chud
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:15 pm

I am kinda suckered into this one.

For McGregor, there is nothing to lose. If he wins, he wins. If he loses, no big.

For Mayweather, if McGregor actually won, that would be embarrassing, wouldn't it?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby chud on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:22 pm

everything wrote:For McGregor, there is nothing to lose. If he wins, he wins. If he loses, no big.

Not a good omen. A former UFC fighter just went into a coma and died after a boxing match:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-tim-hague-dies-20170619-story.html
Last edited by chud on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chud
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:23 pm

Ugh. Terrible tragedy. Even if everyone thinks this is a mismatch just made for incredible ppv sales, surely McGregor can protect himself better than the other UFC fighters? That said, I have no idea what McGregor's typical attributes are in mma or how his striking is in mma rules.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby junglist on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:24 am

Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't buy the fight but would love the smack talk and would love to see Floyd embarrass the hell out of him.
junglist
Anjing

Postby Josealb on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:24 pm

McGregor has no idea what he has signed into. He thinks he's going in for a fight, when in reality he's going into a contest for points, played out in timed intervals, while doing a cardio marathon, against the best in the world at that particular game. My guess is his temper will end up chasing Mayweather around the ring and gassing out early, while May will slowly pick him apart.

Now, Canelo vs GGG? Thats a fight.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:42 pm

McGregor's not an idiot - he knows exactly what's coming.

That said - yeah, no one is going to be surprised when undefeated professional boxer beats not-a-professional boxer in.. a professional boxing match.
Finny
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Ah, but the he can challenge Mayweather to an mma match. Anyway, what size will the gloves be. White doesn't want Conor hurt, either. This is about $$$. There'll surely be something to hype.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Finny on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:36 pm

Floyd may be the best boxer of all time, but he's never hurt anyone in the ring.

And McGregor is 20lbs heavier, despite the cut. He won't get hurt, but neither will Floyd.
Finny
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic