Ken

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Ken

Postby KEND on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 am

Just saw mattel's latest take on KEN [of ken and Barbie] Looking at these skinny bland Bieber asexual lookalikes I think I will change my name. Who the f..k dreamed this up
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Ken

Postby Steve Rowe on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:27 pm

They say he never made Barbie pregnant because he came in another box....
If you see someone without a smile - give 'em one of yours...
Steve Rowe
Wuji

Postby aamc on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:19 pm

lol, are you annoyed that a toy aimed at pre-teen girls doesn't comply with your notion of what a Ken doll should look like, as an adult male :-) ?
Last edited by aamc on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aamc
Wuji

Postby Strange on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:57 pm

天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:24 am

Plus ca change
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby chud on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 am

Ken, you're going to have to get a man bun if you're going to keep that name. ;-)
chud
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:51 am

Given Name KENNETH
USAGE: Scottish, English, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish
PRONOUNCED: KEN-ith (Scottish, English) [key]
Meaning & History
Anglicized form of both COINNEACH and CINÁED. This name was borne by the Scottish king Kenneth (Cináed) mac Alpin, who united the Scots and Picts in the 9th century. It was popularized outside of Scotland by Sir Walter Scott, who used it for the hero in his novel 'The Talisman' (1825).

While acknowledging there is a bit of Yin in every male I was pointing out that the feminizing of the male by organs of popular culture continues. While the trendies do survival courses and other chest beating exercises I feel that these are fads which have little to do with the male psyche. Am I angry, not at all, maybe amused at the way people slavishly follow trends, at one time the blonde Barbie was the quintessential example of femininity now that I hope has changed
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:26 am

KEND wrote:at one time the blonde Barbie was the quintessential example of femininity now that I hope has changed

Well, there's this:

Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:41 am

Everybody just wants things to "be the way they used to be" don't they - lol.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:41 pm

Isn't Big-Jim still around ?? Or maybe his Karate Chop was no match for Ken.
Trick

Postby RobP3 on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:20 am

GrahamB wrote:Everybody just wants things to "be the way they used to be" don't they - lol.

But they forget " how things used to be", it's all rose tinted, And, of crouse, in 30 years time people will be saying "Why can't we go back to the 2010s, it was great then!"
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:30 am

RobP3 wrote:
GrahamB wrote:Everybody just wants things to "be the way they used to be" don't they - lol.

But they forget " how things used to be", it's all rose tinted, And, of crouse, in 30 years time people will be saying "Why can't we go back to the 2010s, it was great then!"

If going by news headlines of nowday's, let's hope it will be better times in 30 years.
Trick

Postby KEND on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 am

I think that what started as a whimsical comment on Ken has evolved into a wider comment on stereotyping what is and what isn't attractive. From what I have seen the dolls are pretty much the same, a cute suburban white middle class kid with slight feature modifications painted various colours. Are there any with distinctly ethnic features, a young Samuel Jackson or Serena Williams, doubtful, more like the children in Japanese cartoons with huge eyes and eroticized bodies. This could also apply to the fashion industry which created a new race of models six foot high , 95 lbs in weight with a look of someone who has just smelled dog crap
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:53 am

Well, no need to guess, here are some images. Maybe they'll answer some questions; but, they're just dolls for children. All look like people who they might see on the street or grow up to become.
http://a.abcnews.com/images/Lifestyle/H ... 5_1600.jpg

And, iinm, the traditional Ken will still be available. Though, I bet that if they just named the dolls something else.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:53 am

KEND wrote:six foot high , 95 lbs in weight with a look of someone who has just smelled dog crap

-lol-
Dmitri
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic