Declaration Of Independence July 4 2017

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Declaration Of Independence July 4 2017

Postby KEND on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:36 am

I think there is a case for imposing a literacy test on those eligible to vote when they do not recognize the document on which the Republic was founded

NPR Tweeted Declaration Of Independence, And Trump Supporters Flipped Out
They didn’t recognize the words and thought NPR was calling for revolution.
By Ed Mazza
Some supporters of President Donald Trump didn’t recognize the Declaration of Independence.
National Public Radio tweeted out the Declaration of Independence on Tuesday to mark the July Fourth holiday, but not everyone understood what it was doing.
Some supporters of President Donald Trump didn’t recognize one of the nation’s founding documents and accused the broadcaster of inciting violence and even revolution

Many of those comments have since been deleted and at least one user deleted an entire Twitter account.
But the tweets live on, some still posted online while others have been preserved in screen captures

KEND
Great Old One

Re: Declaration Of Independence July 4 2017

Postby Steve James on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:33 am

You'd think people would be happy to hear the DoI being read on Independence Day. Oh well, remember the Tea Party? If the DoI ain't considered great, what do people mean by making America great "again"? Anyway, a comedian got heat for tweeting “Happy white people proud of their racist ancestors day.” Oh, I get it. It's about being grateful for all the liberties we have, embodied in the DoI. I get it, but it just illustrates the same hypocrisy that J4 represents to many people --who really don't believe in the principles espoused in the document.

Meh, been said much better over a hundred years ago. http://teachingamericanhistory.org/libr ... h-of-july/
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic