The Nipple Saga

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

The Nipple Saga

Postby KEND on Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:34 am

Family values’ conservative: If women can breastfeed in public, I can grab their breasts
By Andrew Wertz
Posted on January 2, 2016

In a recent Facebook post, New Hampshire state representative Josh Moore said that if a law to ban topless female nudity fails, men should be able to squeeze exposed nipples in public.
In a recent Facebook post, New Hampshire state representative Josh Moore said that if a law to ban topless female nudity fails, men should be able to squeeze exposed nipples in public.
Moore was responding to a post by a Democrat colleague who opposes the bill, when the two got into a squabble, prompting Moore to make the comments.
Currently in New Hampshire, it is legal for both men and women to expose their nipples in public, but a state bill would make it a misdemeanor for women to expose their nipples, even for breastfeeding. The bill is backed solely by Republican men.
State representative Amanda Bouldin went to Facebook to voice her issues with the bill and its Republican support. Bouldin found irony int the fact that Republicans claim to believe in freedom and small government, but are now attempting to ban the female breast.
Representative Moore chimed in on Bouldin’s brief post with a typo-riddled comment, presented below unaltered:
Who doesn’t support a mothers right to feed? Don’t give me the liberal talking points Amanda. If it’s a woman’s natural inclination to pull her nipple out in public and you support that, than you should have no problem with a mans inclnantion to stare at it and grab it. After all, it’s ALL relative and natural, right?
Although Moore deleted the comment shortly after it was posted, many Facebook users grabbed a screenshot.
Unfortunately, more Republicans harassed Bouldin on Facebook, even sinking to throwing personal insults. Another Republican, state representative Al Baldasaro, made an unprovoked insult about Bouldin’s body. Again, the grammar is atrocious:
Baldasaro and Moore both went on to comment again on Bouldin’s post, fearing that the state would turn into a “topless bar” and corrupt the minds of children. However, exposing the female nipple is currently legal in New Hampshire and there are no reports of the state descending into chaos.
Bouldin did not comment on her colleague’s strange comments or personal attacks, but stayed focused on the bill at hand when speaking to Slate. Bouldin said that she believes that the demonization of the female nipple is pure sexism, as the male nipple is equally sexual.
“We shouldn’t be introducing new legislation that only applies to women,” she said. “If we had any laws that started with the sentence ‘women should not,’ they should have been repealed by now.”
KEND
Great Old One

Re: The Nipple Saga

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:25 am

Why anyone is complaining about family values and ethics is beyond me at this point. But, nipples being fair game is not much different from considering vaginas the same. The argument that "if they show 'em, we should be able to grab 'em" is not much different than saying that if a woman shows her legs ... etc. Now, why someone would argue that he has some right to someone else's body seems strange, it's no longer unexpected.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bill on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:12 am

It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:29 am

^^ that was one of the best comedies ever created. -bow- Thanks for the reminder; I've gotta watch it again...

If it’s a woman’s natural inclination to pull her nipple out in public and you support that, than you should have no problem with a mans inclnantion to stare at it and grab it.

If it's people's natural inclination to look at things with their eyes all exposed in public, then it should be therefore legal and natural for anyone to stare intently into anyone else's eyes, touch them, and poke into them with various objects at will, should they be so naturally inclined to do. It just makes perfect sense.
Last edited by Dmitri on Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:33 am

With Bastille Day approaching, I was just thinking of how someone would think that showing a nipple harms family values, anyway. Forget the paradox or the "Devil made me do it" logic. I wonder how France and Europe have survived with all those topless beaches. I also wonder why some aren't in favor of burkinis. But, most of all, I wonder htf the human race got here.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:38 am

Vive la France :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby KEND on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:45 pm

Ah, Barcelona and Cannes, it takes me back. I was tempted to add a verse from 'Eskimo Nell' concerning a similar phenomenon on the Rio Grande but felt it might be a little too raw for the forum
KEND
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Yesm, Nice is very nice this time of year :).
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic