Synchronicity

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Synchronicity

Postby Trick on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:21 am

I find the concept of synchronicity an interesting topic, but this is more about a topic I was thinking about yesterday night. Yesterday evening while at the home of my (Chinese) aunt, I was 'forced' to watch some Chinese opera on TV. Of course I have noticed it before but yesterday night came to think more about it - The exaggerated hand signs/formations of the opera players and how it seem to be used to focus their mental/visual expressions during the play, I came to think about the 'Kuji-Kiri' found in Japanese traditions and Mudras In Buddhism. I do not know much about the practice and meaning of these things but decided I would look it up the next day(today). But I had totally forgot about it until I went on RSF where a thread and a link about the Five Ancestor style of gongfu led me back to my forgotten topic- hand signs. https://www.themartialman.com/transform ... lignments/ Quite fascinating, hand signs, and synchronicity.
Trick

Re: Synchronicity

Postby KEND on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 am

I was introduced to the healing system some years ago by Umar Sharif[who was a fellow Shaolin student in the 60's]. I had experience of mudras previously in meditation to produce a certain mind state and also used them in hypnosis. Does the system work, I haven't seen any studies on its efficacy so I cant really say, I guess one has to take into account placebo effect and belief system
Synchronicity that's a whole different subject

Unlocking the Healing Powers in Your Hands: The 18 Mudra System of ... traditions of Chinese Qigong (breathing exercises) and East Indian Mudras (postures of the hands). ... Tobi Alakoso the author (Grandmaster) A.S. Umar Sharif, MA is a medical sociologist,
KEND
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic