Game of Thrones S7 (SPOILERS)

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Game of Thrones S7 (SPOILERS)

Postby GrahamB on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:31 am

Lots of backlash to the impossible time jumps and distances covered in the last episode, but if this is the price you pay for non-stop action I'll pay it - it's a glorious fire-breathing ice zombie mess!
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:05 am

Yeah, I been ignoring the time jumps and plot smooth-overs this season. They're not trying to do a Brideshead Revisited over here.
Michael

Postby liokault on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:35 am

The ability to teleport is really bugging me...nearly as much as the poor writing this season...
liokault
Great Old One

Postby everything on Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:58 am

yes it is definitely a little annoying. Jon asks whatshisname to RUN to the Eastgate, so he can ask them to send a raven to Daenerys, who gets the message super fast, has her small argument with Tyrion, then she hops on Drogo, arrives north of the wall superfast, while they're all just standing around on the island waiting to freeze. Makes a lot of sense. Even if everyone knows most of the action happens in the second-to-last episode, that's all a bit much.

The book author is maybe 76 now, so it's not clear if he will really finish writing the series when/after the TV series ends.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Yeah, yeah, there are issues, but try to answer this: did the Night King lay a trap for Jon? Did he set it up to occur in the lake so he could get a dead dragon without them knowing? Coz Thurmond woulda told Daenerys the dead dragon needed burning if Nighty Nite had brought it down on dry land.

I think the Night King planned it all out.
Michael

Postby I-mon on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:30 pm

Just re-watched season 1 episode 1 last night - because I thought the latest episode had leaked and Cersei got killed, because I skimmed this thread, you fuckers! and so then when there was no new episode I still needed my thrones fix so went back to the beginning with my housemate who hasn't seen it yet - and man I tell ya it is really apparent how much the show has gone downhill, this season especially. Episode one is fucking hardcore! Grim, still funny, but dark and grim and just awesome. This new season has become one big in-joke. Not that I'm not enjoying it, but there's some sort of facepalm moment every couple of minutes.

But the one thing that pisses me off more than anything else in the whole show, is that there's all of these goddamn idiots on the wall and north of the wall freezing their asses off AND NO ONE PUTS THEIR HOOD UP TO STAY WARM!?!?!?!?!? ARGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! I just can't get over it >:(
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Being from a near-tropical climate, you may not be aware that periodic hood removal is necessary for to prevent the build-up of ice on the inside of one's hoody.

Have you ever even seen snow? ;D
Michael

Postby I-mon on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:38 pm

I grew up in the south of New Zealand.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:41 pm

Where is that? Essos or Westeros?
Last edited by Michael on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:31 pm

Dmitri wrote:I'm wondering if Jon and D will get married and live happily ever after in the end? Seem like a nice match.

I freakin' knew it. :P
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby everything on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Er, you caught the scene between Samwell Tarly and Bran, though, right?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:50 am

There's a fine tradition of it in the Targaryen bloodline ;)
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:19 am

What the hell was that dragon breathing that can destroy stone!?!?
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:27 am

everything wrote:Er, you caught the scene between Samwell Tarly and Bran, though, right?

Yeah but that sort of thing has happened a lot in the past even in human history/with actual royalty... They might let it slip there with the fictional one as well, who knows. I mean, if they can get undead dragons to fly (even with partially torn wings) and apparently fully function otherwise, then maybe generic defects could be less probable there? :)
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:28 am

GrahamB wrote:What the hell was that dragon breathing that can destroy stone!?!?

He probably just melted the ice that was partially supporting the stones...
Dmitri
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic