Birth of the dragon movie

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Birth of the dragon movie

Postby everything on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:50 pm

Seems silly

Trailer For the Bruce Lee Film BIRTH OF THE DRAGON - GeekTyrant
https://apple.news/AHF6QDltIQkWqpQdUDVY78g

Last edited by everything on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: Birth of the dragon movie

Postby wiesiek on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:48 am

Diggin` in, and pumping up already established legend seems to be Hollywood specialty,
very small / if any / connection with reality and shallow script makin` it farting in emptiness, in most of the cases. :(
but,
men, this is just a move, Hollywood's for that matter, , they trying to make money in the 1st, rest is secondary.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby amor on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:03 am

wiesiek wrote:Diggin` in, and pumping up already established legend seems to be Hollywood specialty,
very small / if any / connection with reality and shallow script makin` it farting in emptiness, in most of the cases. :(
but,
men, this is just a move, Hollywood's for that matter, , they trying to make money in the 1st, rest is secondary.

looks like fan fiction to me and homage (hollywood version) to the movies that got made soon after Bruce Lee's death in asia. Portraying accounts of Bruce Lee's alleged fights and adventures while he was still alive starring names such as Bruce, Li, Lo, Pi, Chen ...? all vying to make a name for themselves. In similar vain to the blaxpoitation movies that came out in the 80's and early 90's but yeah all about money.
Last edited by amor on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
amor
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:31 am

windwalker: A friend of mine went to review a movie with his teacher, that will be out in the summer time about the fight between bruce lee, and wong jack man.

My friends teacher, wong jack man, felt that the movie was ok, being a movie my friend mentioned it showed a neutral rendering of the event

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26114&p=443616&hilit=wong+jack+man&sid=df5af5e197e068d930254b959d067c06#p443616

The film centers around the story behind the legendary 1960s fight between Shaolin Master Wong Jack Man and a young Bruce Lee. I don't know if you're familiar with this story or not but it's pretty crazy and there's a lot of controversy surrounding it. Here's the synopsis:

Set against the backdrop of 1960s San Francisco, BIRTH OF THE DRAGON is a modern take on the classic movies that Bruce Lee was known for. It takes its inspiration from the epic and still controversial showdown between an up-and-coming Bruce Lee and kung fu master Wong Jack Man - a battle that gave birth to a legend. https://geektyrant.com/news/trailer-for ... the-dragon

looks like the movie is out.
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby KEND on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:07 am

Sounds like a fantasy movie cashing in on the Bruce Lee legend. From what I have heard Jackman Wong was not a Chinatown hit man, he was from the mainland and probably recruited by businessmen to teach BL a lesson. My teacher [also not a favorite with Chinatown] was offered a similar deal but turned it down, he didn't want to get involved with the Chinatown politics
KEND
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:29 pm

I like Wong Jack mans Shaolin temple uniform
I think that gives you a good indication of what the movie will be aboutthe
Here is the only real video of Bruce in a real fight
https://youtu.be/SncapPrTusA
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic