Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Postby David Boxen on Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:40 am

One of the more interesting Ted talks I've listed to in a while.

https://www.ted.com/talks/anil_seth_how_your_brain_hallucinates_your_conscious_reality#t-1008861

8-)
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Re: Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Postby KEND on Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:23 pm

Check out an earlier post
THE BRAIN
by KEND on Mon May 15, 2017 12:47 pm
I have been watching a program called 'The Brain' with David Eagleton in the UK. I understand it was on PBS in the USA. It may be old hat to the neuroscientists on the forum[I believe there are three or four] but it was an eye opener for me. I was familiar with much of the info but Eagleman, in a relaxed way applies neuroscience to wide range of subjects: such as the nature of reality/decisions/addiction/memory/genocide etc.
Recommended for anyone who is interested in human behaviour.
A brief synopsis is as follows
Brain: manner of operation
1. From an early age the brain collects data on identifying the external world.[if this process is not in place by the age of 2 the person will have permanent problems with brain development]
2. The data supplied from the data bank to the processing area is six times more than the incoming data.
3. If the brain is deprived of sensory data the brain will continue to supply data to the processing center creating ‘real’ scenarios. These would appear to be hallucinations.
4. The senses only perceive a limited part of the spectrum, it is possible that the senses perceive those frequencies outside the range in a different manner.
5. In some cases the perception of colors and sounds can get mixed.
6. Time: the memories fed back from the data center are modified over exposure to other events, in some cases there is a time distortion under extreme stress.
7. At the start of a race the sound of the pistol takes 0.2 seconds to reach the brain, if you went by the flash[visual] it would take longer, there are more circuits.
8. Emotions will affect memory, the sensory system works on a need to know basis.[man in gorilla suit experiment].
9. Training with repetition solidifies muscular—nervous system memories.
KEND
Great Old One

Re: Your brain hallucinates your conscious reality

Postby yeniseri on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:53 pm

you meet a woman for the first time and you imagine the good, the bad, and the indifferent as if it were reality.
Live in the moment and enjoy the encounter. just listen, watch and be informed on all levels. No special skill except let your vision be truth
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic