Appledog

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Appledog

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Yeah, I'm not going to bother with a point by point refutation as that would clearly crush Appledog's precariously fragile ego. Instead, I'll point out two things:

1) Classic projection

2) If you think everyone in the room is crazy or wrong, it's usually a good idea to look in the mirror.

Best wishes, Ian C

Post script: I really was making a suggestion about how you might salvage your standing here. It, unfortunately, fell on deaf ears.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby willie on Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:59 pm

Appledog wrote:
willie wrote:
Appledog wrote: -- asking questions?

I am in fact a Tai Chi judge who has done internationals before. I've seen some of the videos people here have put out and I am horrified. I'm sorry if you don't like it but this discussion will close with the idea that it is exceedingly unlikely any of you here

Hi Appledog, I don't like getting involved, but to say that you are horrified of other peoples video's and not put up your own seems kind-of selfish?

Are you some kind of Tai Chi master? Do you have 100 or 1000 students? Can you feel your chi? Well you know, you kind of owe me an answer on that one, don't you think? You were a bit rude and then dodged out. I'm too old willie, to chase you for an answer.

So you chose not to discuss the subject. That was your choice. It doesn't mean I have to verify who I am with you before we can have a discussion. I just come here to be friends and talk about tai chi. If you want to talk people down you will find that talking me down is very easy. I'll just stop.

Wow you are way off track. I'm not being a jerk to you, I don't even really care.
A bit rude? When? When I told you that qi was a separate matter then the thread we first talked on?
My first Yang style teacher was also a taiji judge. He was quite good in-fact "Yang style".

I find it very interesting that you would even ask me about qi at all. Haven't you seen any of my vid's?
I'm not what I would consider a taiji master. I'm good and I "unlike many so-called masters". I can use it.
willie

Postby I-mon on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Appledog this is a martial arts forum, every couple of months someone shows up who has just started training but wants to tell everyone about how they've had a huge revelation and now they understand the true internal power, everyone else is doing it wrong, and so on.

The responses to you so far have not been overtly saying that you don't know what you're talking about, just that people here would like to see how you move before engaging in serious conversation, because much time has been wasted in the past conversing on serious topics with people who turn out to be n00bs with delusions of grandeur or a messiah complex. Maybe you're very good, or not, but people here no longer give anyone the benefit of the doubt, they/we often need a bit of evidence just to see that we're dealing with an honest practitioner who enjoys the arts and trains seriously. It's not your fault personally that we don't just instantly believe you, it's the fault of the many, many trolls who have come here before. Unfortunately you have to deal with the consequences of all of that previous trolling, if you choose to stick around.
I-mon
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:07 pm

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:55 pm

willie wrote:

I am in fact a Tai Chi judge who has done internationals before. I've seen some of the videos people here have put out and I am horrified. I'm sorry if you don't like it but this discussion will close with the idea that it is exceedingly unlikely any of you here

Hi Appledog, I don't like getting involved, but to say that you are horrified of other peoples video's and not put up your own seems kind-of selfish?

Agree with that. I wonder, since you been(are) a Taijiquan judge - what are the qualification to be one, does one have to have a competition record of some kind in Taolu/Tuishou or even Sanda, if so on what level did you compete ?
Trick

Postby Trick on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Trick wrote:
willie wrote:

Agree with that. I wonder, since you been(are) a Taijiquan judge - what are the qualification to be one, does one have to have a competition record of some kind in Taolu/Tuishou or even Sanda, if so on what level did you compete ?

Sorry, the question is ment for you Appledog, by internationals do you mean world/continent championship level or a couple of clubs from a neigbor country?
Trick

Postby Appledog on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:14 pm

Hello, I'd like to maintain a 'cool post count' of 108 posts. This particular post has gone beyond that number and has therefore expired.

I'm sorry if you were looking for some old information but I'll do my best to answer you if you send me a DM with a question in it.
Last edited by Appledog on Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby Trick on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:45 pm

Appledog wrote:
Trick wrote:Sorry, the question is ment for you Appledog,

Then you should probably ask it in a private message. That is, if you're serious.

Probably, but I ask you in public
Trick

Postby cloudz on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:54 am

Appledog wrote:
cloudz wrote:I'm going out on a limb and say she's been here before under another name.. And erm, I quite like her.. umm, I could be getting into wierd territory here.
Getting a little crush on an anonymous web poster, that could be a dude... Jesus, what's happening to me!! :D

I am beginning to suspect that everyone on this forum is completely insane.. On another topic, have you ever had the chance to meet Lady Whitesnake?

"Feng claimed that the stories of ordinary people were more valuable than were those of the elite and pious. He argues that all fiction falls within the grand tradition of historiography, in which stories encapsulate the legacies of cultural heroes and demons as well as enduring social and moral teachings of their time. A story’s revision is a nostalgic look back, but also an invitation to look inward at the present shape of our own values and forward toward our relationships to the world around us."
(https://www.goodmantheatre.org/Document ... eFINAL.pdf)

I really like the sounds of that link, so thank you. It's subject matter that appeals to me, it's almost as if you know me.

Morals, Myths and the Importance of Story

I'd grab that right off the shelf, so I'm totally flattered. Thankyou.

Sometimes your gut tries to tell you something like it's programmed to help you, you know that funny nagging feeling.
Sometimes, often even, it's a false signal and you might feel duped, I just had to bring it up..

There was a poster around a little while back named Serena, and you reminded me a gret deal of that persona. No harm no foul.
I like to have a bit of fun, because you know it's the net and it shouldn't be terribly serious even if people get togther and speak passionately about the things that move them.

Am I bit mad?
Probably yes. But the least I can do is (try) put it to my advantage right. :)
kisses xx
Last edited by cloudz on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:06 am

cloudz wrote: like to have a bit of fun, because you know it's the net and it shouldn't be terribly serious even if people get togther and speak passionately about the things that move them.

;D Fun is what the board wants!

But I think Appledog is doing fine. Trying to get along with this crowd is not easy.

Though I wonder what outsiders would think about this thread, a whole bunch of aggressive people verbally attacking one person from behind their keyboards. :/ It's unnecessary to create a thread designed to be packed with negativity. Life is too short for this kind of juvenile nonsense. Just IMHO ;)

Maybe not for me to say. I was the first one calling him troll. I think I was mistaken. :P
Last edited by Bao on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:54 am

Appledog wrote:
Trick wrote:Sorry, the question is ment for you Appledog,

Then you should probably ask it in a private message. That is, if you're serious.

Why would something as basic and "innocent" as this need to be asked/answered in private?
Last edited by Dmitri on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:04 am

Bao wrote:Though I wonder what outsiders would think about this thread, a whole bunch of aggressive people verbally attacking one person from behind their keyboards. :/ It's unnecessary to create a thread designed to be packed with negativity. Life is too short for this kind of juvenile nonsense. Just IMHO ;)

Maybe not for me to say. I was the first one calling him troll. I think I was mistaken. :P

I'm honestly starting to think it's just a problem with your English, but there is nothing aggressive about the OP, despite AD's protestations. As usual, you just seem to be full of it. I was giving earnest advice on how to restart and get some constructive conversation started. Given the high and mighty introduction, everything I said was well within bounds. As for keyboard warriors: that's you. You have no full contact or fight record of any kind. You blather on about Chinese without being fluent (a common, but obvious, flaw of expats living abroad).

If someone wants to come on here and start telling everyone else what to do, or even just how great they are, it's best to tell us one of two things: 1) your teachers, or, 2) your fight record.

Telling us in public who your teachers serve as a sort of vetting that will give us *some* perspective.

Telling us or showing us your record in any sort of resistant sports combat or verifiable combat will give us better.

Of course, Bao has neither of these AFAICT, and I am still waiting on the Great Judge, Appledog.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:06 am

Also, when someone says they are too busy to respond, and then responds to someone else...well...
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:25 am

How about a forum where people have to sign up/ post under their real name? Just a thought
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Bao on Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:20 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Bao wrote:Though I wonder what outsiders would think about this thread, a whole bunch of aggressive people verbally attacking one person from behind their keyboards. :/ It's unnecessary to create a thread designed to be packed with negativity. Life is too short for this kind of juvenile nonsense. Just IMHO ;)

I'm honestly starting to think it's just a problem with your English, but there is nothing aggressive about the OP, despite AD's protestations. As usual, you just seem to be full of it. I was giving earnest advice on how to restart and get some constructive conversation started. Given the high and mighty introduction, everything I said was well within bounds. As for keyboard warriors: that's you. You have no full contact or fight record of any kind. You blather on about Chinese without being fluent (a common, but obvious, flaw of expats living abroad).

If someone wants to come on here and start telling everyone else what to do, or even just how great they are, it's best to tell us one of two things: 1) your teachers, or, 2) your fight record.

Telling us in public who your teachers serve as a sort of vetting that will give us *some* perspective.

Telling us or showing us your record in any sort of resistant sports combat or verifiable combat will give us better.

Of course, Bao has neither of these AFAICT, and I am still waiting on the Great Judge, Appledog.

I won't argue about anything actually. I can understand your reasonings. You might be correct about my English as well. I think it's unnecessary to make a great deal about one person and dedicate a thread to hang out a person. So many people hides in the shadows. Not now maybe, but earlier. I haven't either said that it's wrong, just that it's IMHO and that I personally don't like it. I might be different from anyone else and I don't care about what others think.

I've always been open about who I am and who my teachers are. I am not in the position fo bragging about anything, but I've posted names and a few vids. If someone wants to know more or have missed anything, please ask about it.

Kind regards,
David

@Rob. That's a good idea to have real names. I prefer a nickname because my tai chi or movies or anything that I like to do I tend to keep away from my professional life. People do a lot of googling before hiring people or buying a service. It's better for many reasons to separate private life, hobbies etc. Not if you earn your living as an IMA teacher, that's different. But, for many others, it's probably better to keep of name searches from forums from the first few search engine pages. I wouldn't like to have an argument in this kind of page as the first thing a potential client would see if he googled on me. That's for sure. ;)
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic