Bodybuilder dies in a Tragic fight against MMA fighter

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Bodybuilder dies in a Tragic fight against MMA fighter

Postby grzegorz on Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:00 pm

Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Bodybuilder dies in a Tragic fight against MMA fighter

Postby everything on Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:09 pm

horrifying, tragic, meaningless stupidity. presumably the weightlifter wanted this fight, too, which is even more horrifying.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:39 am

High risk elective activities that benefit no one else and also destructive are not tragic compared to deaths due to unpredictable forces beyond your control.

Two macho men duke it out over some argument in a restaurant and one dies is sad for people who will be hurt by this, but not everything is tragic.
Michael

Postby everything on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:40 am

elective and senseless. senselessly elective
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:46 pm

I wonder if both guys knew it would be a fight to the death? I wonder how the winner feels?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:17 pm

I would think it would depend on intention as to how the other one feels.

It didn't seem like he intended to kill the guy, but treated it like any match
according to his level of fighting.

In looking at the clip it does seem like he zoned out and didn't even realize the
other guy was knocked out, punching him on the ground.

He left maybe feeling like any match it could have been him.

Those entering into such matches tacitly acknowledging that death could be an out come
even if accidentally he might feel it was a risk that both took.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uVQVz5 ... e=youtu.be

The style and type of movement reminded me of TKD or maybe Tang Soo Do 당수도.
It seemed like a high risk move something that I would question whether an MMA fighter would use.
Last edited by windwalker on Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Steve James wrote:I wonder if both guys knew it would be a fight to the death? I wonder how the winner feels?

"Let that be a warning for all cutting ahead in the buffet line!"
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:14 am

Michael +1 on the tragic versus fatally stupid.

Although it illustrates a point I try to make to younger guys from time to time.

Professional fighters hit really hard. So hard in fact they can kill you, particularly if your body isn't ready for it.

My favorite example of this was the time Tosh.O got in the ring with Manny Pacqiou and paid him to hit him one time. Joe Rogan officiated and warned Tosh that "you could die."

Manny barely touched Tosh and he was out. I mean completely out.

Even getting hit by older long retired boxers is a brutal thing. More than a few videos of this exist on youtube of some random old man taking out two, or three, young guys at a time. And they are always a retired proboxer.
Last edited by Peacedog on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 am

I think the Uniform Crime Report in 2015 said something like 1100 people died from being punched to death in the US that year. It is a lot more common than most people realize.
Last edited by Peacedog on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:06 am

Peacedog wrote:My favorite example of this was the time Tosh.O got in the ring with Manny Pacqiou and paid him to hit him one time. Joe Rogan officiated and warned Tosh that "you could die."

Manny barely touched Tosh and he was out. I mean completely out.

Even getting hit by older long retired boxers is a brutal thing. More than a few videos of this exist on youtube of some random old man taking out two, or three, young guys at a time. And they are always a retired proboxer.

A 1" padded, canvas, boxing ring floor is more forgiving than concrete.

Not completely out: :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_Ssriizj8

Completely out: :(

[/youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHm31XliRgY
marvin8
Wuji

Postby wiesiek on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:41 am

My only problem with this fight are consecutive punches executed after the kick .
It wasn`t death-match agreement, but "classic macho -contest ", I suppose.
Kick unquestionably wins the fight, and allowing "killer instinct" to take over gives MMA fighter the worst possible certificate.
If Knock-outing kick wasn`t deadly, punches with concrete amortization definitely was.
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:16 am

Marvin,

You're right.

I got it confused with the main actor from Creed for some reason.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QE5b_KaUiPk
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:28 am

Okay final link post.

The old guy gets into it at about the one minute point. This is some serious Chuck Norris level beat down material.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=96Djc5YwIZ4
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cAuLDyXGoc

: 24 russian style taiji ;)

Even a little push hand action nice.

The OP clip shows what happens when its concrete and not a mat or ring floor.
Any fall or trip, can be fatal and not as forgiving. The Kick it self looked practiced and used, quite skillful
as mentioned had a Korean flavor to it used to knock out.

In some aspects the mma guy was lucky.

The weight lifting guy should have challenged to a lifting contest.

what happened was/is common

As a monk he was challenged to a fight in which he fought and killed the challenger and was wanted by the government. He hid away from the police and moved back to his hometown in Canton to assimilate into society. He let his hair grow out and no longer dressed like a monk.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=26234&start=45

with the same actions and results. Note the challenger was killed, the monk took off.

"Either the challenger was maimed or killed," noted Chin. "He never let one challenger leave his school without injury. He was a master of using the technique of cruelty." There are four principles for Hop Gar: cruelty, evasion, penetration and interception.

When asked about cruelty, Chin stoically quotes the Lama White Crane kung fu classics: "When hunting a tiger, destroy it. Otherwise, a wounded tiger will return to harm you. When weeding a garden, pull up the roots. Otherwise, the weeds will grow back. Whether the lion is hunting an elephant or a rabbit, the lion always uses full force."

http://www.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/ ... rticle=661

"Whether the lion is hunting an elephant or a rabbit, the lion always uses full force."

pays to understand who is the lion, who is the rabbit...
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 am

Michael wrote:High risk elective activities that benefit no one else and also destructive are not tragic compared to deaths due to unpredictable forces beyond your control.

Two macho men duke it out over some argument in a restaurant and one dies is sad for people who will be hurt by this, but not everything is tragic.

This popped up. Don't know what to call this.

Bodybuilder dies after botched backflip attempt, http://nypost.com/2017/08/11/bodybuilde ... p-attempt/:
James Matthey, News.com.au August 11, 2017 wrote:Image
Sifiso Lungelo Thabete

A bodybuilder who initially was ridiculed after botching an attempted backflip at a competition reportedly has died because of injuries suffered in the stunt.

Sifiso Lungelo Thabete’s attempt to entertain the crowd as he entered the arena went horribly wrong when he didn’t rotate far enough and landed on his head, breaking his neck.

The incident was caught on camera and footage showed several people coming to his aid after the initial shock of what happened left the audience stunned.

Thabete — who hailed from South Africa — had been playing to the crowd before a contest over the weekend. He walked out slowly toward the center of the gymnasium before breaking into a trot and waving his arms, encouraging spectators to cheer him on.

He ran into the center of the mat and launched into the backflip before hitting his head. Thabete lay motionless on his side before rolling onto his back.

The first man to attend to him lifted his legs up before several others joined in to help.

Video of the accident went viral before the severity of the damage was made public.

Warning: Graphic content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4Uza58rx7k

South African bodybuilding magazine Muscle Evolution said the bodybuilding community was “shocked and saddened” by the news of Thabete’s death.

The magazine reports he was an International Federation of Bodybuilding and Fitness Junior World Champion in the up-to-165-pound category who recently won an event at the IFBB Muscle Mulisha Grand Prix in July.
marvin8
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic