Distant Healing

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Distant Healing

Postby willie on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:56 pm

the ideas of "wei qi" and some of what was mentioned here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6WVmnC1WY8&t=104s

As some have noted its good to be skeptical but also have an open mind.
What I look for is the theory of how something is said to work and then compare that
to what or how something is being done.[/quote]
Hi David. I watch the video. I think that most internal artists who been around for a while have seen things like that. The problem remains that there's no way to test to see what is actually happening. and it is too easy to get caught up in things that may not be true.
willie

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:37 am

willie wrote:
Hi David. I watch the video. I think that most internal artists who been around for a while have seen things like that. The problem remains that there's no way to test to see what is actually happening. and it is too easy to get caught up in things that may not be true.

Posted the clip and information to offer a context through which it might be viewed for some and how it is viewed by others, myself included.
If it works, I see no real need to "test" it outside of its own context for some type of validation, although others might feel a need to.

Yes, if one is not careful they can get lost or worst, as I know Michael, and others have probably had to help
people undo what they didn't quite understand what they thought they knew but really didn't know.

Some times people find out what is true or not the hard way, in both cases its not good.
If true and not done correctly they end up hurting themselves, if not true or maybe missunderstood
they put themselves in positions to get hurt.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby KEND on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:46 am

The video shows 'empty force', which has been discredited many times in a real MA situation. It is possible to make people move with projected energy but there is a high level of suggestibility involved. Distant healing does not appear to obey the rules of regular Qi emission where distance causes it to decrease which leads me to think it is an electromagnetic phenomenon. The use of intent over long distances seems to indicate a different form of information/energy transfer[this is explored in Lynne Taggart's book]. Prayer and other forms of faith healing come under this heading. Of course , like any esoteric practice there are many con artists and wannabees. The instances I quoted were of practitioners with a solid background who have a long list of successful recipients. Of course there may be a placebo effect or suggestion but if it works it behooves us to keep an open mind and consider it as a viable therapy
KEND
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:49 pm

KEND wrote:The video shows 'empty force', which has been discredited many times in a real MA situation. It is possible to make people move with projected energy but there is a high level of suggestibility involved. Distant healing does not appear to obey the rules of regular Qi emission where distance causes it to decrease which leads me to think it is an electromagnetic phenomenon.

"discredited" :o by who? reading the thread one might also make the same claim about "distant healing" 8-)
The point apparently failed :P was to provide a context by which what is said to happen might happen.

Not to justify or prove. You have ruled this out as someone who can do or knows about this....while speculating about other methods
that your not sure of. If it was any type of "electromagnetic phenomenon" it would be easily measured and known.

The clip does not show "empty force" btw. It does show what is pretty much standard for those who "fa qi" in healing sessions.

As to "suggestibility" ;) also easily proven or disproved just heal someone
with out their knowledge.

Since it works from a "distance" it should be possible to affect anyone reading this thread like one of the
detractors 8-) what can heal should be also able to make sick.

Regarding kong jin, actually whats been "shown" is that some people claiming to be able to do this
could not do as "they" claimed which could mean a couple of different things, one of which is that
they may not really understand as much as they feel they do, or would have others believe they do,
about what they can do, or how it would or could be used.

Not really the topic of the thread nor was something that I alluded to as a comparison.
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm out of here. Enjoy your delusions.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:06 am

Wait, Ron. I've got something kinda funny and kinda relevant. Five minutes long. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO7LR0Ko9gg

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/09/19/witches-cast-spells-president-donald-trump-and-talks-tucker-carlson

I think this interview video clip shows the two different perspectives involved and, in a funny way, how we view each other ;)

A symbolic action used to harnes the powers of the imagination and eventually achieve a tangible result.
Last edited by Michael on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Michael

Postby willie on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:02 pm

So I was thinking about this topic. I remember when I first started Tai Chi and chi gong being told all kinds of stories about This type of healing ability. In my opinion none of those stories have held true. I have also viewed the video that Windwalker provided and I have come up with the conclusion that it appears that the practitioner has good cultivation. However there is no way to tell or see how his practice is actually affecting the patient. If you put a strong magnet in front of a old style tube type television the magnet will displace all the natural color patterns that the tube requires to admit a clear good picture. So if you think of it that way then you would have absolutely no idea if what he is doing is doing any good or it is doing harm or Nothing at All.
Last edited by willie on Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
willie

Previous

Return to Off the Topic