Creating a plan for healthy living

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Creating a plan for healthy living

Postby Ron Panunto on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:19 pm

Dmitri wrote:
willie wrote:I'm always looking for better ways to improve my life.

...as is everybody else, and those ways may be very different for others.

You're quite correct Dmitri, there is no one "blue print for life" that would fit everyone, but that's not the problem. The problem is that most people don't have any plan at all. They go through life being knocked about by random events, they are without direction.

The way I look at it, is that there are only a few simple things that one needs to do to have a good life:

1. Life long pursuit of physical activity (via sports, martial arts, ice-skating, mountain climbing, biking, golf - anything physical that you can pursue into old age).
2. Life long learning (via taking classes, trying something new, reading (especially non-fiction), learning a new taiji form - anything learning that you can pursue into old age).
3. Life long relaxation (via meditation and neigong techniques).

With so much to do and so much to learn, where is there time to become addicted or to die?
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Ron Panunto wrote:With so much to do and so much to learn, where is there time to become addicted or to die?

addiction can take many forms, some healthy and productive others unhealthy and destructive.

death is inevitably, it might be said by appreciating death more, it might make one
appreciative of the time they have living.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Dmitri on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:12 pm

Ron Panunto wrote:The problem is that most people don't have any plan at all.

My point was that it's only appears as a problem for someone else looking from outside. Not speaking for anyone else -- just to use myself as the example, I never have any "life plans" and I've been pretty damn happy so far, FWIW. (Note, I'm not suggesting that's the way anyone else should be going in order to be happy... ;))

They go through life being knocked about by random events, they are without direction.

We could get into a long philosophical debate about this :), but it's best to simply say that we disagree on that one. IMO any sort of feeling of being in control one might experience because they have a "sense of direction in their life" is simply an illusion. (I mean the feeling is real of course; actually being in control is the illusion. Most people seem to disagree with this POV, but that's OK.)
Last edited by Dmitri on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:17 pm

willie wrote:...it travels into the darker side of humans far to much.

It's interesting that you saw what I wrote in this light. I don't see it that way at all. It seems you might have misinterpreted it somehow.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby willie on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Dmitri wrote:
willie wrote:...it travels into the darker side of humans far to much.

It's interesting that you saw what I wrote in this light. I don't see it that way at all. It seems you might have misinterpreted it somehow.

You really didn't leave me much Choice with the words that you chose to use. I'm not angry it doesn't even matter to me. This section of this website is supposed to be designed for other hobbies and things to talk about. This is the day of social media and I use YouTube for research and entertainment
willie

Postby willie on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Ron Panunto wrote:
The problem is that most people don't have any plan at all. They go through life being knocked about by random events, they are without direction.

The way I look at it, is that there are only a few simple things that one needs to do to have a good life:

1. Life long pursuit of physical activity (via sports, martial arts, ice-skating, mountain climbing, biking, golf - anything physical that you can pursue into old age).
2. Life long learning (via taking classes, trying something new, reading (especially non-fiction), learning a new taiji form - anything learning that you can pursue into old age).
3. Life long relaxation (via meditation and neigong techniques).

With so much to do and so much to learn, where is there time to become addicted or to die?

This is another very very good post. I totally agree
willie

Postby willie on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:28 am

I must of did a crappy job on my video, because I'm sure that there is much to discuss and discover. So I decided to make a shorter, clearer one.
Hopefully this one is better.
Last edited by willie on Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Postby wiesiek on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:34 am

next time
wear something wille,

naked torso distracts video reception :)
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby willie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:23 am

wiesiek wrote:next time
wear something wille,

naked torso distracts video reception :)

Hey thanks for the tip but that doesn't work. If you're doing weight lifting or bodybuilding it's almost mandatory that you don't wear a shirt. The people in YouTube land will simply assume that you're hiding a less then desirable stomach underneath that shirt. That's one reason to shed fat. The other is health reasons, of-coarse.

But thanks anyways
Last edited by willie on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willie

Previous

Return to Off the Topic