Early Signs of Dementia?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Early Signs of Dementia?

Postby grzegorz on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:58 am

Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: Early Signs of Dementia?

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Thousands of Americans Will Scream Helplessly at the Sky on Trump's Election Anniversary

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands-americans-scream-helplessly-sky-180826305.html

Facebook event in Boston had sth. like 4000 RSVP's, but appears to be down now. archive.

The event is pretty much self-explanatory: on the anniversary of last year’s election, thousands will flock to the Boston Common for a party fueled by despair and aggravation over the contest's winner — whom 73 million Americans voted against.
Last edited by Michael on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:01 pm

Is this like the thousands of Muslims in New Jersey who celebrated on 9/11? Or is it an opportunity to ridicule an event that hasn't happened? I'll bet there'll be a lot of tweets about it (from the poop deck of one of his carriers).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:32 pm

It could be ginned up to provide a convenient mockery, but considering some of the actual over-the-top reactions to Trump's election, I think it's possible this is or was for real. Hillary's blame-the-world book tour is real, but at least she knows how to monetize. #nevergiveuphillary

I guess they're his carriers like they're his generals.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:00 pm

Oh, I believe that someone might create such an event. The problem is that someone could be trying to generate the ridicule. I.e., a false flag operation done to provoke a reaction and divert attention. OK, I also believe that there may be protests on election day. I would suggest that those who are interested in politics will be voting that day.

Plus, I know there will be antiTrump demonstrations one way or the other
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:22 am

rent-free

What's the topic again? Oh, right, early signs of dimentia. Fixation and obsessing...
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:37 am

BruceP wrote:rent-free

What's the topic again? Oh, right, early signs of dimentia. Fixation and obsessing...

;)
yep rent free, you got it.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Peacedog on Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:15 am

We now refer to early signs of dementia as "pulling a Pelosi" or "Nancying".

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=pe ... &FORM=VIRE
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:43 am

It's the opposite of a snowflake.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:59 pm

Michael wrote:Thousands of Americans Will Scream Helplessly at the Sky on Trump's Election Anniversary

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands-americans-scream-helplessly-sky-180826305.html

Facebook event in Boston had sth. like 4000 RSVP's, but appears to be down now. archive.

The event is pretty much self-explanatory: on the anniversary of last year’s election, thousands will flock to the Boston Common for a party fueled by despair and aggravation over the contest's winner — whom 73 million Americans voted against.

If 45 even finishes a year.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:00 pm

BruceP wrote:rent-free

Says the man obsesses with celebrity that he voted for a phony reality TV businessman.

Perhpas if you actually watched the video you would know what the topic is.

Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:26 pm

If 45 finishes a year, how many more politically suicidal or simply delusional people will fulfill their promises to leave the USA, move to Canukistan, etc.? I mean, why stick around and try to improve things?

Every time Hillary, or anyone really, drones on about who's to blame for Trump's election, that's really just another nail in the Dem's coffin.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:37 pm

I debate Trump supporters often and almost all of them are low information voters who live by bumper sticker slogans and it wouldn't surprise me if often times they are addicted to pain killers.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:47 pm

Has anyone you've debated given one reason they voted for Trump that makes any sense to you at all? And that means before he won, the reasons they had for voting for him.
Last edited by Michael on Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:46 pm

Like me these men have been humbled by life and were convinced that Muslims, Jews, immigrants, minorities, China, etc...are to blame for their situation in life. Can we blame them? Someone came along and told them so. Someone told them that "they" were the victims. These things I don't agree with. If anything I think what is different is that immigrants and often minorities accept that life is going to be hard so they are willing to break their backs doing work many other Americans are not willing to do.

I do agree though that the corporations, the banks, the insurance companies and wall street do not care. But where we differ is they somehow believe that if we just got rid of taxes and regulations on the rich and corporations then we might all get a 35 cent raise.

Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Next

Return to Off the Topic