Shawns new endless computerinfo mooching thread

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Shawns new endless computerinfo mooching thread

Postby Gary on Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:59 pm

shawnsegler wrote:So I put on the no scripts application, but now I can't play anything on youtube.

It says that since scripts are disabled I need to get the latest adobe flash, which I did and ran, and it's still not working.

S- enough computer stuff for me for a little while...off to run some errends. Really appreciate all the help guys.

You already have flash, etc installed. On the bottom right hand of your browser you'll see a little blue S in a white circle. Right click it and "allow all this page". Your browser will remember your preferences for each site you visit.

This feature has helped me with Firefox's memory eating problem.
Gary
Santi

Postby Bär on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Bär
Great Old One

Postby Darth Rock&Roll on Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:43 pm

Bär wrote:Image

yes, yes...sadly this is so freaking true!

CSS is a plot by programmers to try and secure jobs in web design by taking away the implementation part from designers and handing it back to coders so that when designers try to work with css or the DOM, they are doomed and return to bandwidth heavy practices of tables loaded with goo instead of elegant global scripting that makes sites fast and small.

Luckily, I'm a half/half, kinda like a 'gary the unicorn' of web design and I am just as comfortable with the coding part as I am with pushing pixels and colour theory.

:)
Coconuts. Bananas. Mangos. Rice. Beans. Water. It's good.
Darth Rock&Roll
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic