Undercover with the Alt Right

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Undercover with the Alt Right

Postby Tom on Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:51 pm

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html

It's interesting, and important, to follow the rise of the "Alt Right"--which encompasses a broad range of groups--in other countries besides the U.S., as described in the link.

There have also been populist "Antifa"-type movements developing in other countries in response to Alt Right activity. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40930831

Understanding of the root sources of both is important in forestalling significant political violence and civil unrest.

NOTE: see also the discussion on this thread: http://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26525&sid=f7c143268eb661e077410aa580f7aeed

[Edit--Remarks above added per kind suggestion to provide some context for this thread.]
Last edited by Tom on Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

---Vernon Law
Tom
Administrator

Re: Undercover with the Alt-Right

Postby Michael on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:10 am

Good story. I think people need to know exactly what the White Nationalist / Ethno-staters intend to do, which is violently push people out. This is the first time I've seen one admit it would lead to the deaths of millions, but in one of the Antifa threads I showed their plans to push people out and said they had to know it would lead to massive violence, although Spencer doesn't admit it.

Some people are labeled Alt-Right, but deny it, such as Mike Cernovich and Milo Yiannoupolis, and I'd say the real distinction is believing in an ethno-state. The most benign (basically crypto) promotion of an ethno-state I've seen comes from Jared Taylor, who was recently interviewed by Sargon of Akkad. Taylor says if people in the USA were legally allowed to segregate themselves, beginning at the neighborhood level, which he says they already do whenever they can, that it would grow to larger regions of elective segregation.

Unlike those captured on hidden camera in the NY Times piece, he says there are tens of millions of non-white citizens in the USA "with a legitimate claim". I just don't believe him or that it could play out any possible way except with extreme violence.

It's a mistake to ignore this movement or the causes for it to rise in popularity, and it's a mistake to try and de-platform or silence them. They must be countered with better ideas and arguments, as well as honest examination of the political policies that push people in their direction, ie., excessive legal and illegal migration, as well as outsourcing and globalization.
Michael
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic