It's here to stay . . .

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: It's here to stay . . .

Postby Michael on Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:32 pm

Why does Trump have such popularity? Why do women, blacks and Hispanics vote for him? Why do people who don't vote for Trump say those who do are one or more of the following: ignorant, racist, mysoginist, or Nazi?

I was surprised Trump won, but more surprised by Democrats' reaction to it, and continue to be surprised by so many simply denying reality that he's the president. If there's a problem, denial and blame the world book tours aren't helping. Considering I misread the 2016 election so badly, I don't know if the reaction to Obama's election was this extreme, but I don't think so.
Michael

Postby wiesiek on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:47 am

Earth young population became more and more mindless /in general/,
To much info on the web for weak minds.
They do not use the brain any more, uncle Google will do...

Funny, I did here comparison our Polish Kaczyński to the Trump, couple threads ago , and have to do it again.
His party here gets 30% voters support too, regardless of their shit production,
and
it looks , that he has no match in the opposition , he may win again ...:(
but
he is much wiser than Trump, `cause Kaczyński not directing officially , he is doing it from the "back seat",
so
officially - he is ordinary deputy
NO responsibility what`s so ever
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:19 am

Other things that are popular in the United States include American Idol and eating yourself to death.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Well, I think the biggest issue with the Trump win was that he lost the general election and only won by the godamned electoral college. More people voted for Hillary, but Bozo the Clown ends up being President.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:09 pm

One difference was that Republicans said that they would do everything possible to obstruct Obama. Now they change rules and laws to enable Trump's policies. Remember their refusal to consider Obama's Supreme Court nominee, but changed the rules so that they didn't need the usual number. The irony is that Obama got more done with resistance than Trump can do when it's now a sin not to be loyal to the "president." Obama also got more votes than Trump, but Republicans said his win didn't represent the will of the American people.

It's also galling that Trump led the birther charge. Not to mention that one congressman called Obama a liar during his first SOTU address. I'm hoping the favors can be returned because they are deserved.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic