The Perfect Storm continues

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: The Perfect Storm continues

Postby Trip on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:53 pm

You’re not very clear.

I think you said you didn’t call me a misogynist. Well, at first you didn't.
But…the quote is supposed to prove I’m a misogynist, after all…?
The quote is your proof?

Good grief, man! :)
Reread the whole post with a little less…suspicion.
I don’t know if suspicion is the right word…but man, it was a sincere attempt to make a point on the topic.

I didn’t insult you so I’m lost to why you’re coming at me like that.
But, hey, thanks for the reply.

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Trip wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:You are equating calling misogynists out on a message board to sexually assaulting women. I think I see where the problem is here.

I asked you an honest question and get called names?
Labeled a misogynists? :)
Me, a woman hater?
Where’s the proof?

Please prove it.

Well, I wasn't talking about you, but as you have encouraged me to review your posts on this thread and to "prove it:"

We're not even talking about the male on male abuse. Oh, no, no, no.
No!

Oh, and women have abused and are abusing too.
I've been grabbed, & more, by women. And I ain't telling!
It’s not their turn to be publicly shamed.Replace all men in power positions with women--and in 20-30 years?-- you'll see the problem clearly.
Power abuse is a human weakness for a lot of humans

I do think some of your tone is hard to read due to different mother tongues, which is why I wasn't calling you out--yet.

Last edited by Trip on Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trip
Huajing

Postby RobP3 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:18 am

Michael wrote:
RobP3 wrote:
You certainly make it seems like a contest, to the extent you disbelieve the UK figures because they don't fit your viewpoint. Do you have any proof that the Home Office is run my rabid feminists?

I never said rabid. They prosecuted Mark Pearson when the only evidence against him was the proof he was innocent.

In the USA, this debate always gets entangled by definitions of rape varying in jurisdictions and both sides claim the other is massaging the numbers. Maybe England and Wales don't have these problems.

But you do think the UK Home Office is run by feminists who skew rape figures? I just wondered what your evidence was for that.

There's a lot of irony on this forum these days
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Huajing

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:24 am

Trip wrote:You’re not very clear.

I shall dub thee Monsieur Chaudron.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 am

The only way to determine accurate rape figures is for victims to report.
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:34 am

RobP3 wrote:But you do think the UK Home Office is run by feminists who skew rape figures? I just wondered what your evidence was for that.

No, I never said that, I said I think someone is massaging the numbers for an agenda. The basis for that opinion is that the numbers sound wrong because they are so completely different from those in the USA, which are strongly affected by prison rape statistics. Those show double the number of male victims as total outside victims, but before the 2003 Prison Rape Elimination Act these estimates did not have as much strength as those I gave from 2012 based on government figures required from the new law.

I recall that Stop Prison Rape estimated the number of prison rapes per year at 500,000. Before there was a federal law in the USA to find and estimate the number of prison rapes per year, estimated from places like Stop Prison Rape were very controversial because of the problems with under-reporting described in the article you posted.

Michael wrote:I'm still surprised by the difference in ratio between those FBI stats in the USA of 67:12 female to male victims, and the ones in the UK of 850:12 female to male victims. 850:12? Doesn't sound right.

Well, here's the problem. I added a zero to the UK numbers. It's 85:12 not 850:12. Okay, that's much closer to the FBI stats. I guess it was I who massaged the number.
Michael
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:08 am

1. What is the agenda for manipulating the numbers about male versus female rape? Whose is it?

2. What does this have to do with the increasing number of females asserting they've been sexually assaulted? Or does it have any?

3. How do you know that the statistics have more to do with the number of reports than with the number of rapes?

4. What should happen in the prisons or out to the men who commit these rapes? Should they be held accountable, even years later? What should be done to prevent these rapes? Should men be encouraged to come forward?

5. Should the same things apply to women? Should they keep coming forward? We know what we can do about sexual harassment in the street or office already.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:08 am

1. What is the agenda for manipulating the numbers about male versus female rape? Whose is it?

2. What does this have to do with the increasing number of females asserting they've been sexually assaulted? Or does it have any?

3. How do you know that the statistics have more to do with the number of reports than with the number of rapes?

4. What should happen in the prisons or out to the men who commit these rapes? Should they be held accountable, even years later? What should be done to prevent these rapes? Should men be encouraged to come forward?

5. Should the same things apply to women? Should they keep coming forward? We know what we can do about sexual harassment in the street or office already.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Trip on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:07 am

RobP3 wrote:There's a lot of irony on this forum these days

What’s really ironic is when you try to give a heads up that things are not as they appear. Because certain powerful well known industry predators are being allowed to stay in place and someone twists that message so that they can call you misogynist.
A hater of women. :)

Then the next day you wake up and they call you a new name.

That's true irony, my friend.
Or, as the homies say it "That's some funny shit." :) :) :)
Last edited by Trip on Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trip
Huajing

Postby Steve James on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:02 pm

I think misunderstandings are too easy and common to be dwelt on. Sarcasm and satire don't always translate well in writing; so, clarifications are often needed.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby chud on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:33 am

Juanita Broaddrick rips Time’s ‘silence breakers’ snub: ‘I didn’t fit in their liberal victim mold’: click
chud
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm just waiting for Roy Moore to get elected in AL, so I can watch all of the talking heads have aneurysms. It will be like the scene in Scanners where their heads explode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmL7Y51ktl4
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:49 am

chud wrote:Juanita Broaddrick rips Time’s ‘silence breakers’ snub: ‘I didn’t fit in their liberal victim mold’: click

I thought the interview Tucker Carlson did about that was a pretty good exchange.

The first guest was okay, second guest was much better, IMO. Good debate beginning at just past the 6 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVtBhJVD3xw
Michael
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic