Cuphead

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Cuphead

Postby origami_itto on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:18 pm

Any of you tough guys play video games?

I've been playing this new Cuphead game, it's friggin unpossible.

Side scroller, run and gun with multi boss battles. Like super contra, but no over the shoulder. Watercolor backgrounds and steamboat Willie era style cell animation, big band jazz soundtrack.

Beautiful game, incredibly difficult, indie studio, it's in the same niche and status as super meat boy, instant classic.

Anyhow I'm taojoannes on steam if you are into that kind of action.

Last edited by origami_itto on Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: Cuphead

Postby Steve James on Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:52 pm

When I play on the computer, I do aircraft and driving simulators. Other than that, I haven't played a video game since the 80s. Pong to Pacman.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby tastydurian on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:40 am

Played it and loved it, not trying to be hard but the difficulty was reasonable if you keep at it. I don't think I ever finished Contra 4 or Contra Shattered Soldier, now those were impossible.
My only wish is that it had a few more run & gun stages.
tastydurian
Anjing

Postby origami_itto on Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:43 pm

Yeah they could do with a few more. I've had to back off a little and play some Grow Home to unwind from the intensity of this one. Still on the second island. Love getting my money's worth!
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic