Meet the Women Worried About #MeToo

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Meet the Women Worried About #MeToo

Postby origami_itto on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:21 am

Nobody less manly than the alt right
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:50 am

I don't know about the alt-right. But I know that bullies are pussies, not the other way around.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:47 pm

klonk wrote:
“Peoples lives are being shattered and destroyed by a mere allegation,” Trump wrote. “Some are true and some are false. Some are old and some are new. There is no recovery for someone falsely accused - life and career are gone. Is there no such thing any longer as Due Process?”

Would you like to know more? https://apnews.com/93af1798df9e4000963c ... troy-lives

Trump could molest a kid live on FOX news and his base would say the kid deserved it.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:41 pm

That kid should be proud Trump showed him such favor!
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:16 am

This is a story about a former shipmate of mine from back in the day.

wanted for the sexual assault of a child

Sep. 22, 2011

A 38 year old navy recruiter is accused of having more than one sexual encounter with a 15 year old Austin girl. Austin police have issued an arrest warrant for a man. Detective Joel Pridgeon says James McKernan met the teen online then agreed to meet in person even after she admitted her age. According to the affidavit they had sexual contact in his car two times. The navy recruiter has since transferred to Virginia and police are working with his attorney to come back on his own to face the felony charge. McKernan is charged with felony sexual assault of a child. News Radio KLBJ’s Barbara McCarley has the story.

The recruiter pubically denied he had sex with the teen who he met in a video game chat room. She originally thought she was talking to another teenager, but they "dated", had sex and the man moved on transferring to Virginia. Her friends found out and told her to report him, she did. He was said to be driving to Texas to fight the charges. Yet it came out that the teenager reported some of his scars from a previous surgery which the Navy confirmed that they had records of and he never arrived in Texas, instead he committed suicide. Had it not been for the scars and the records of their chats he probably could have gotten away with it.

The way I see it everyone is capable of sexual assault and anyone who is guilty of it will deny the charges as all criminals do..
Last edited by grzegorz on Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby klonk on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:05 am

The way I see it everyone is capable of sexual assault and anyone who is guilty of it will deny the charges as all criminals do..

'Course, innocent people have this strange tendency to deny charges against them...

We want to avoid a circumstance where the charge almost brings the conviction with it, which is presumption of guilt.

I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:55 am

Weinstein for president. He's only been accused.

It's interesting. People demand due process, but don't want victims the right to accuse their offenders. Instead, the one accused is presumed to be the victim. This isn't new. It's always been used in rape trials --which is why so many rape victims don't report. Yeah, we don't want false allegations to ruin lives. We don't rapes to ruin lives either.

I remember hearing men seriously suggest that if rape were inevitable, the woman should just lie back and enjoy it. Ever heard that? Well, how about applying the same logic to rape accusations. Lie back and enjoy.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:04 am

In my lifetime there was a gubernatorial race in Texas around 1990 where one candidate was quoted saying something like rape if rape is inevitable like the weather, then lay back and enjoy it. It hurt his polling quite a bit.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/rapequotes.asp
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:08 am

Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:11 am

Btw, it's not a political thing. I think just as many people (men and women) in other parties think the same thing. I think they're called "liberals" because they'd never say it out loud.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:21 am

We make rape one of the most seriously punished violent crimes, basically intending to protect women for obvious reasons. Then we make light of rape when the victims are men, even going as far as condoning it in prison, somehow not realizing there is probably some cause and effect for a percentage of rape victims later becoming perpetrators of sexual assault of some kind. Doesn't make a lot of sense.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:52 am

Michael, I think male sexual abuse and rape is real and that men should come out. Even if it were true that we condone male rape --and you have to be talking about prisons alone, which account for less than 1% of the population-- the only solution would be for a similar #metoo movement. It's hypocritical for men who have been abused to criticize women who complain about abuse. Wouldn't it be great if DT came out. Terry Crews did.

I'm using rape as an extreme. I don't think that it's the center of the #metoo movement (imo); I think the touchiest issues revolve around social situations. I.e., boys really will be boys, and drunk men will be boys, and "we" have to decide how to handle their acts that don't go as far as rape. A 13 year-old who puts his hand up a 13 y-o girl's skirt probably shouldn't be expelled, jailed and give 20 years for assault. A 25, 35, or 45 y-o who does the exact same thing probably should. A kid hits his mom in anger; a man beats his wife; not the same thing.

The problem is that there's no standard formula. It's a matter of judgment. It's not about being pc either. Right now, it's politically correct to give pedophiles and admitted sexual harassers (kiss thieves and pussy grabbers) are given a pass and call them "good guys."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:02 am

#MeToo frenzy deprives men of ‘indispensable freedom’ to hit on women – Catherine Deneuve

A hundred prominent French women, including actress Catherine Deneuve, have denounced the #MeToo campaign, saying it patronizes women and summarily punishes men for minor misdeeds, which only plays into the hands of “puritans.”

In an open letter published in the newspaper Le Monde, the women acknowledged that while the campaign helped expose many cases of “sexual violence that women are subject to, particularly in their professional lives,” it had now gone too far.

“Men have been punished summarily, forced out of their jobs when all they did was touch someone’s knee or try to steal a kiss,” reads the letter. “Instead of helping women this frenzy to send these ‘pigs’ to the abattoir actually helps the enemies of sexual liberty – religious extremists and the worst sort of reactionaries...”

The women who signed the letter also criticize the #MeToo campaign for throwing around accusations about men who are immediately branded sex offenders “without being given the opportunity to respond or defend themselves.” The signatories compare the situation to a “totalitarian society” in which men are being forced to make “public confessions ... and having to rack their brains and apologize for ‘inappropriate behavior’ that might have happened 10, 20 or 30 years before.”

Would you like to know more? https://www.rt.com/news/415423-french-d ... -campaign/
Last edited by klonk on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:16 am

:) I agree. The frenzy might prevent some men from flirting. Imo, that won't last. Worst case, women will take the initiative more. Afa I'm concerned, some men will still get the job of sex done for the foreseeable future. Relax. Women who want to be approached always make themselves approachable, maybe not to you.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:19 am

Austrian director denounces MeToo movement

BERLIN — Austrian film director Michael Haneke, an Academy Award and two-time Palme d’Or winner, has compared the Hollywood sexual harassment scandal to a “witch hunt” that has ushered in a “new, men-hating puritanism.”
[...]

Haneke said, “people are been killed in the media, lives and careers destroyed.”

Would you like to know more? https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... 389a6f4fed
klonk
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic