Cheddar Man was black

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Cheddar Man was black

Postby GrahamB on Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:19 am

Cheddar Man: First modern Briton had dark skin and blue eyes, DNA analysis shows

The face of the man, who died more than 10,000 years ago, was reconstructed using DNA taken from bone powder in his inner ear.

https://news.sky.com/story/cheddar-man- ... s-11239770
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Cheddar Man was black

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:23 pm

That's cheesy ;)

But, it means that his genes are in every blue-eyed person.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 170343.htm

From the article:
What is the genetic mutation

"Originally, we all had brown eyes," said Professor Hans Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine. "But a genetic mutation affecting the OCA2 gene in our chromosomes resulted in the creation of a "switch," which literally "turned off" the ability to produce brown eyes." The OCA2 gene codes for the so-called P protein, which is involved in the production of melanin, the pigment that gives colour to our hair, eyes and skin. The "switch," which is located in the gene adjacent to OCA2 does not, however, turn off the gene entirely, but rather limits its action to reducing the production of melanin in the iris -- effectively "diluting" brown eyes to blue. The switch's effect on OCA2 is very specific therefore. If the OCA2 gene had been completely destroyed or turned off, human beings would be without melanin in their hair, eyes or skin colour -- a condition known as albinism.
Last edited by Steve James on Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:26 pm

That makes him my relative then :)

Can’t wait to see what groups like Britain First make about this...
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:51 pm

Can’t wait to see what groups like Britain First make about this...

If I learned that I had the dna of the oldest recorded human inhabitant in my country, I'd be impressed. But, I think the Britain Firsters or Aryanists will say that skin color is a more important feature. After all, how could Brits have advanced without it.

Iow, don't bother trying to reason down what hasn't been reasoned up.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:53 pm

so much racism over some tiny bit of genetic code that inhibits some melanin for literally some coloring differences.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:15 pm

Cats,dogs and even birds and koalas can have blue eyes, our neighbor have a big darker Husky with light blue eyes, very cool
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:16 pm

Trick

Postby Steve James on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:52 pm

Yeeah, I had several huskies with blue eyes. But, Liz Taylor's eyes were purple. :)
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:23 am

Well this changes everything. Because of this important discovery, I shall no longer believe in _________ .

Looks a little bit like Bobcat Goldthwaite.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:37 am

Hah, looks more like
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:42 am

Or them Image

Except for the blonde hair, of course.
Steve James
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic