100 Russians killed by US forces

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

100 Russians killed by US forces

Postby grzegorz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:21 pm

US forces reportedly kill as many as 100 Russian fighters

https://nypost.com/2018/02/13/us-report ... ia-attack/
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Re: 100 Russians killed by US forces

Postby origami_itto on Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:19 pm

But, but, we should be friends with the Russians...
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 pm

It probably happened because DT gave more freedom to commanders on the ground. However, he won't comment on it.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 pm

What is interesting is that the story isn't getting much attention in the US and Russia, yet in the rsst of the world it is.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 pm

The first thing that comes to mind when I read that article is to ask why does the USA have a base in Syria? Why do we have any soldiers in Syria, much less a significant number of them? It's illegal, but who cares about the law, there are 13 Russian Internet trolls demanding the primary focus of the government at home.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:39 pm

Who set up bases in Syria anyway? But I guess it's the same answer for American bases in Afghanistan or Cuba. Trump could order the end to military operations.

The number of trolls has no relation to their intent. And, the point is that Americans unwittingly password do on info from those sources with bad intentions. It's the same now. The Russians say "pshaw, it was nothing," and then Americans say the same thing --even if the US intelligence community says it was serious.

The Trump says that Americans should unite. What a laugh. Unite with whom?
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:26 pm

Steve James wrote:The Trump says that Americans should unite. What a laugh. Unite with whom?

With the NRA? :P
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Michael wrote:The first thing that comes to mind when I read that article is to ask why does the USA have a base in Syria? Why do we have any soldiers in Syria, much less a significant number of them? It's illegal, but who cares about the law, there are 13 Russian Internet trolls demanding the primary focus of the government at home.

Honestly, few Americans give a damn about the 13 Russians. Trump supporters look the other way and the rest of us know our system is completely corrupt and are not expecting anything to happen despite what you might see on the news.

Illegal? To me all war is illegal; Russian, American, Armenian, does not matter. All war is a lie, where workers kill workers for the modern-day royal family. This is why I spoke up on Ukraine.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:38 am

Steve James wrote:Who set up bases in Syria anyway? But I guess it's the same answer for American bases in Afghanistan or Cuba. Trump could order the end to military operations.

I guess I can't blame Obama for this one. He most likely did everything he could to close Camp X-Ray in Guantanamo Bay, but now Trump wants to re-expand it. Obviously, there are things a president can order, but that doesn't mean they will happen. I don't think Trump, Obama, Bush, Jr., or Clinton have the first clue about foreign policy or how to reduce the US' dependence on the war machine. If I can use a medical metaphor, military spending and sowing chaos in order to create customers for our weapons (including ourselves) is a chronic pattern of deviation from health in our society. There is nothing apparent that will cure it without maiming or killing the host.

The number of trolls has no relation to their intent.

Goodness, just to answer this: their number, influence and intent should have a relationship to how much importance they're given by law enforcement.

The Trump says that Americans should unite. What a laugh. Unite with whom?

With Black Panther box office champion, perhaps a technological revolution based on vibranium and cryptocurrencies will free us from central banking fiat military industrial spending complex.
Michael

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:27 am

Found a video from a day or two with a Russian Federation Foreign Ministry spokeswoman saying there were five or fewer people killed and not yet confirmed to be Russian citizens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDxzf4xp2r0
Last edited by Michael on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michael

Postby yeniseri on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:32 am

It makes sides since US is supporting one side and Russia the "other side" and the latter wants to show its force, this is the result. Surrogates and proxies are the templates of this internal conflict that changes when eternal forces jockey to support an ally, whether real or imagined.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am

Why do you suspect that Tass or Pravda or RT reports are factual but other sources aren't? They're just mainstream media, Russian style. Journalists who don't follow the party line often disappear.

How about citing a Japanese or Chinese news report? What do they say?
Does this link work.

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2017 ... es,Russian
Last edited by Steve James on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:10 am

Read the fine print. "100 Russian mercenaries..." If you sign on for pay and meet Americans, that reflects a poor career choice.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:19 am

With Black Panther box office champion, perhaps a technological revolution based on vibranium and cryptocurrencies will free us from central banking fiat military industrial spending complex.

I really hope that is tongue in cheek, Girene Marine. Otherwise you are hopeless.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:40 am

Yes, of course it's tongue in cheek, lol. Why does my sense of humor not come across this stupid thing? aargh ;)
Michael

Next

Return to Off the Topic