Some powerful shit

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Some powerful shit

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:55 am

Now *that guy* is a true hero to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JHqJxtr4rI

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Re: Some powerful shit

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:44 am

A few months back there was a man who killed 26 people in a church and kept firing until a hero with an AR-15, who ran barefoot from his house next door stopped him. That's a hero, Stephen Willeford, a man who risked his life and stood toe to toe with a murderer and exchanged fire with him using a weapon that requires knowledge, training, skill and preparedness.

Man who shot and chased Texas church shooter gives emotional account to police in video

Extensive video interview by Willeford a few days later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEchh0XD8

Hero Who Chased Down Sutherland Springs Shooter: “Act Now, Ask Questions Later…”
Michael

Postby Dmitri on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:13 am

GrahamB wrote:Now *that guy* is a true hero to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JHqJxtr4rI

Heh, is that all it takes to be a "true hero" these days? :)

He raised some very good points and I certainly appreciate the sentiment, he definitely seems like a very nice and decent guy, but he was just being emotional and did the only thing he could think of to make himself feel better. Would he do it if it weren't "pre-ban" as he kept referring to it? Maybe, maybe not. If he owns any other weapons, what will happen to them when he dies? Countless more gunshot wounds are inflicted by other types of firearms -- and there are a lot of them out there.

It's a cool gesture, but it doesn't solve anything at all, IMO (outside of making him feel better). As he himself smartly acknowledges. The statistical chance of his act actually "saving a life", given the number of AR-15s out there and how many of them are actually used in civilian shootings, is probably smaller than winning a lottery. Yes, it's somewhat better statistically than selling it, but it's negligible.

Just putting it out there... Thought we should try to keep emotions out of it.
Last edited by Dmitri on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:19 am

He actually said that the AR-15 was capable of killing people on its own, so you have to understand that in his mind, according to my interpretation, he just disabled a potential criminal. Srsly, that's what he said.
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:51 am

I've seen this guy called lots of names. He's just making a symbolic act with his own property. If he beats his sword into a plowshare, that is his business. It's less wasteful than putting a Tesla roadster in space.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:02 am

Sometimes the quietest voice can talk the loudest.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

and er, something Buddhist.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:19 am

Steve James wrote:I've seen this guy called lots of names. He's just making a symbolic act with his own property. If he beats his sword into a plowshare, that is his business. It's less wasteful than putting a Tesla roadster in space.

I appreciate he gave such a long and complete explanation, and it was almost neutral, but not quite. He's still a bleeding heart with a political message.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:00 am

Michael wrote:A few months back there was a man who killed 26 people in a church and kept firing until a hero with an AR-15, who ran barefoot from his house next door stopped him. That's a hero, Stephen Willeford, a man who risked his life and stood toe to toe with a murderer and exchanged fire with him using a weapon that requires knowledge, training, skill and preparedness.

Man who shot and chased Texas church shooter gives emotional account to police in video

Extensive video interview by Willeford a few days later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4HEchh0XD8

Hero Who Chased Down Sutherland Springs Shooter: “Act Now, Ask Questions Later…”

So, you are going to accuse this guy of politicizing yet you present an essentially fabricated fantasy of the lone vigilanty saving the day. Full of shit as usual.

First of all, even if we pretend that this vigilante burst into the church and killed the mass shooter mid-spree, would that somehow validate what you are getting at? No, because the body count is still incredibly skewed.

Furthermore, this dipshit showed up after the fact, started shooting at the killer, couldn't even hit him, and then chased him down in *another commandeered vehicle* and found the guy in a ditch dead from his own weapon. Suicide. The killer was already done and on his way out.

Finally, I thought you served? The M-4, M-16, or any American style long rifle is not hard to use, does not require much or any training, or any particular knowledge. Given that, the fact that he couldn't even hit his target makes all of your comments ridiculous.

And you, who comes on here crusading against Antifa in the defense of ethno-nationalists, are the last one to call anyone else out for being political and partisan.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:00 am

James Allsup's commentary on the video, part of which says cutting the barrel was a felony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfpTId8KDxM
Michael

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:02 am

Dear Ian, your good mood didn't last long. What a shame.

As usual, most of your comments are just personal attacks.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:06 am

Those are mostly facts and certainly not personal attacks. I'll bold them for you for ease of reading:

So, you are going to accuse this guy of politicizing yet you present an essentially fabricated fantasy of the lone vigilante saving the day. Full of shit as usual.

First of all, even if we pretend that this vigilante burst into the church and killed the mass shooter mid-spree, would that somehow validate what you are getting at? No, because the body count is still incredibly skewed.

Furthermore, this dipshit showed up after the fact, started shooting at the killer, couldn't even hit him, and then chased him down in *another commandeered vehicle* and found the guy in a ditch dead from his own weapon. Suicide. The killer was already done and on his way out.

Finally, I thought you served? The M-4, M-16, or any American style long rifle is not hard to use, does not require much or any training, or any particular knowledge. Given that, the fact that he couldn't even hit his target makes all of your comments ridiculous.

And you, who comes on here crusading against Antifa in the defense of ethno-nationalists, are the last one to call anyone else out for being political and partisan.

Get the fuck out of here with that shit.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:08 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Finally, I thought you served? The M-4, M-16, or any American style long rifle is not hard to use, does not require much or any training, or any particular knowledge. Given that, the fact that he couldn't even hit his target makes all of your comments ridiculous.

How do you know he didn't hit his target? I'm going by his interview and various news sources. They could be wrong.

Yes, I was in the Marines, so I know something about shooting and it's really your comments about weapons training that are beyond ridiculous. You very obviously know nothing about combat, marksmanship or the training needed to bring them together. With such ignorance and the inability to listen, you're really unqualified to speak here in a technical or emotional sense.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:08 am

By the way, I'm not anti-gun or even in favor of banning long guns. I just don't need to make up a bunch of bullshit to forward my ideas.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:10 am

Do you have any personal experience with guns? It doesn't sound like you do if you think it's easy to learn how to wield a machine gun effectively in combat without extensive training and experience.
Michael

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:12 am

Michael wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Finally, I thought you served? The M-4, M-16, or any American style long rifle is not hard to use, does not require much or any training, or any particular knowledge. Given that, the fact that he couldn't even hit his target makes all of your comments ridiculous.

How do you know he didn't hit his target? I'm going by his interview and various news sources. They could be wrong.

Yes, I was in the Marines, so I know something about shooting and it's really your comments about weapons training that are beyond ridiculous. You very obviously know nothing about combat, marksmanship or the training needed to bring them together. With such ignorance and the inability to listen, you're really unqualified to speak here in a technical or emotional sense.

I've been shooting all my life and the first time I ever shot a .308 long rifle I hit the shield every time at 100m with a red dot. That's unmagnified, ICYDK. I have also taken tactical training courses more than once. Most of my buddies from the Marines can outshoot me, but your comments are just fos. Long rifles don't take lots of training or knowledge. Period.
文武両道。

Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Next

Return to Off the Topic