Some powerful shit

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Some powerful shit

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:22 am

The only comparison between guns and cakes is that a customer can generally go to another store. Iinm, gun store owners are not legally required to sell guns to any individual. It's not really different from a bartender. The legal question may come down to whether an age requirement is discrimination. If so, then why shouldn't 17 year-olds be allowed? And even if it's a law, it can be deemed discriminatory.

Discrimination is necessary. The issue is what it's based on. Age-discrimination is not the same as sex, sexual orientation, racial, or ethnic discrimination. Everybody has an age, though. So, imo, it's the fairest form of discrimination.

Oh, not to mention the many laws against gun possession in US history. So, I can't be outraged at this.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:24 am

The only comparison between guns and cakes is that a customer can generally go to another store.

Um, or the exact opposite, which is what is being discussed and has actually taken place both with guns and cakes...

Age-discrimination is not the same as sex, sexual orientation, racial, or ethnic discrimination.

Yup, that's what I said.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:49 am

Personally, if I were gay, I would find a cake store that wanted to serve me. I wouldn't trust food from homophobes. I'd either buy the business, boycott, or bake my own. They'd be fabulous.:)
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:14 am

Steve James wrote:Personally, if I were gay, I would find a cake store that wanted to serve me. I wouldn't trust food from homophobes. I'd either buy the business, boycott, or bake my own. They'd be fabulous.:)

Hey, no argument there. I'd do the same.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:18 pm

I think the case will tougher to prove than it may seem since 18 to 21 year olds don't have a history of being a persecuted group. Ageism cases are difficult.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:51 pm

Nobody needs a tactical assault hammer, lol.

https://www.facebook.com/lil.j0ker.laffs/videos/1233891516746324/
Michael

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:57 am

Man thinks pepper spray canisters in "break glass in case of emergency", in every room, in every school, is a solution to school shootings.

He says pepper spray can stop anyone, but doesn't seem to consider how to deploy it while under fire. Funny and frightening at the same time. This is up there with the ice bucket challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UYurrW7GVg
Michael

Postby Peacedog on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:33 am

I've personally seen a number of people completely ignore military grade CS gas.

The idea that pepper spray is effective against everyone, let alone an amped up nutcase or drugged out suspect simply isn't true.

Law enforcement professionals are very familiar with this phenomena as well.
Last edited by Peacedog on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Michael

Previous

Return to Off the Topic