New Chinese Dictator, any thoughts?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: New Chinese Dictator, any thoughts?

Postby grzegorz on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:05 am

windwalker wrote:
edededed wrote:Extending one's time in the top office is the current vogue globally!

Which might be better viewed in the context of a reaction to whats happening globally.

As some here have already voiced wanting a dictatorship, maybe to be fair
not understanding how the US is set up as a federal republic.

A federation of states with a republican form of government.

With no standing army as the forefathers wanted and yet now the WH is being ran by generals of a standing army. Everything happening in WH is a lie and most our taxes are going to "the standing army" to invade foreign lands for the benefit of the rich. Talking about what the country was is and should be is completely pointless.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:12 am

Steve James wrote:Michael may know for sure, but I think all that's happened is that the two-term limitation has been lifted. The US didn't have a term limitation until after WW2.

Xi Dada has been gradually making himself the head of the various power centers in the PRC, like the military. The term limit thing is not surprising.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:23 pm

Michael wrote:
Steve James wrote:Michael may know for sure, but I think all that's happened is that the two-term limitation has been lifted. The US didn't have a term limitation until after WW2.

Xi Dada has been gradually making himself the head of the various power centers in the PRC, like the military. The term limit thing is not surprising.

Xi and Putin will be there until they die. Perhaps it is have one continuous platform for dealing with the US. Time is on their side while the US and EU will change with the wind.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:51 pm

China’s Stability Myth Is Dead

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/02/26/chinas-stability-myth-is-dead/

Very good, brief article, IMO.
Michael

Postby Michael on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:21 pm

Michael

Postby grzegorz on Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Thanks for posting.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:05 am

Sure. They're basically doing pre-crime in Xinjiang now through guilt by association and circumstance.

There's this super cheerful American dude out there with a couple of great youtube channels featuring all the nifty stuff you can do in Kashgar, etc. I'm surprised he can keep it up, but seems like truly looking on the bright side of things.
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:20 am

grzegorz wrote:
Bill wrote:China is ushering in another life-long dictator, for the first time since the death of communist China’s founder, Chairman Mao. China’s current constitution states that the president and vice-president “shall serve no more than two consecutive terms.” But China’s Communist Party has announced a proposal to scrap the constitutional term limits of the president and vice-president, which in turn paves the way for China’s current president Xi Jinping to stay on indefinitely.

Is he the next Mao?

Trump congratulated Xi first thing in the morning.

My post was a joke but sure enough Trump likes it.

"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

Trump on China's Xi consolidating power: 'Maybe we'll give that a shot some day'

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics ... index.html
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:04 am

Michael wrote:Sure. They're basically doing pre-crime in Xinjiang now through guilt by association and circumstance.

There's this super cheerful American dude out there with a couple of great youtube channels featuring all the nifty stuff you can do in Kashgar, etc. I'm surprised he can keep it up, but seems like truly looking on the bright side of things.

I am actually a series on the UK's CCTV. Although people may not like it, it is actually very effective and in truth is used anyway in the US but often with private/business cameras. Someday it will be the norm everywhere just as they are everywhere around the White House.

I am not saying I agree with it or not only that in 30 years it will happen whether we like it or not. Fixed, on drones or people's own. The fact that if it is used for oppression by targeting certain groups of individuals I suppose it isn't really that different from how the police are used now.
Last edited by grzegorz on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Ron Panunto on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:34 am

Trump said at a dinner last night that he likes what Xi is doing and that we should try that in the US, i.e., President for life. He said maybe some day we will do that.
Ron Panunto
Wuji

Postby Michael on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:37 am

Was he joking?
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:40 am

Michael wrote:Was he joking?

You're kidding. It depends on him, and there's no other way to know.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:52 am

That must be the 4D chess they keep talking about, right? :D
Michael

Postby Steve James on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:33 am

Well, even if he were joking, I believe that he wouldn't try to stop Congress from changing the rules. When Arnold was in vogue, they proposed that the rule about being a "natural born citizen" so that he could run for prez.

I don't think he knows why Washington wouldn't accept being President for life; or even why the rule was instituted after WW2. If he knows, then either it was a joke or that he compares himself to Washington. Ymmv.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Michael on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:47 am

I think he just finds it funny to be ironic.
Michael

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic