Gene Lebell and Bruce Lee

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Gene Lebell and Bruce Lee

Postby Bill on Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:55 pm

I met Bruce Lee on the set of the Green Hornet when the stunt coordinator Benny Dobbins called me and told me he needed me to take some falls. He also mentioned there was a guy there named Bruce Lee who was unbelievably athletic and stealing all the scenes from the star because he was doing ALL the fighting. Benny said he couldn't believe this guy, he was kicking like a jumping bean! You have to understand; they had never seen anything like Bruce Lee's fighting style in showbiz yet.

"When I got to the set Benny pointed Bruce out and told me to go put him in a headlock or something, Well, I'm a good employee and I always listen to the boss, so I went over to grab Bruce and he starts making all those crazy noises he became famous for. As a joke, I picked him up and put him on my shoulder in a fireman's carry kind of thing, then I ran down the length of the set and back again. Bruce says "put me down or I'll kill you". So I run down the set again and he says, "put me down" and I say "I can't put you down or you'll kill me". After that I sat down and talked to my boss and the other crew members for a couple minutes with him up on my shoulder. He finally crawled off, we all had a good laugh, and we went and shot our scenes.

From http://www.genelebell.com/stories.html#11
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Re: Gene Lebell and Bruce Lee

Postby cerebus on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:01 pm

"I can't put you down or you'll kill me." ROFLMAO!!! ;D ;D
"Fool, the Devil drives!"
cerebus
Great Old One

Postby Jake on Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:08 pm

I recently did a job with a guy who was a Lebell FANATIC!

Knew everything about the guy that anyone could know.

When I asked him what his background was and did he want to roll.... He only said he'd wrestled in school a little, and no, he didn't want to play a little.

Was weird.
errrrr.............
Jake
Huajing

Postby Teazer on Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:33 pm

Those are some great stories on his site. What a character!
Why does man Kill? He kills for food.
And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Teazer
Great Old One

Return to Off the Topic