Syria Now

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Syria Now

Postby Michael on Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:38 am

CNN STRIKES BACK!!

CNN took offense to the youtube channel "The Jimmy Dore Show" as part of a larger article about the perils of big corporations's ads on youtube being played on:

CNN wrote:channels promoting white nationalists, Nazis, pedophilia, conspiracy theories and North Korean propaganda,

CNN included the show that was linked in this thread yesterday in a video giving evidence that the sole source for the April 2017 and 2018 Syrian gas bombing claims, the White Helmets, are intimately connected to Al-Nusra.

CNN wrote:Ads also appeared on The Jimmy Dore Show channel, a far-left YouTube channel that peddles conspiracy theories, such as the idea that Syrian chemical weapons attacks are hoaxes.
Michael
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:00 am

Russia, China Pledge New Military Ties, Challenge U.S.

https://www.onenewspage.com/n/Front+Pag ... ies-To.htm

But, ya can find the story anywhere. It's a good thing.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:31 am

Steve James wrote:I, too, am skeptical about the motives of all the players in the Syria debacle. The people who suffer are the ones caught in the middle of the shit show.

I think we all are skeptical and better off accepting that Syria is nothing more than a pawn on a chessboard to players behind the scenes and instead if arguing amongst each other we should realize how we are all being played.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:34 am

Azer wrote:
grzegorz wrote:I am actually about to buy some land in the Ukraine. Not too bad for a thick headed delivery driver, eh?

I would actually be more impressed if you posted your photo but somehow I don't see that happening.

I'm not sure that's such a good idea Greg. Should consider it very carefully. Uunless you are there in on the ground and have a local, trusted legal contact, its highly likely your getting scammed. Furthermore, investment decisions should be guided by sound fundamental and technical market analysis, for Ukraine, all indicators are pretty rotten and will remain so for the foreseeable future. On top of that, given the extremely unstable political climate and astronomical levels of corruption, even if you are looking at a very long investment horizon, your interests as a foreigner, who is not present on the ground will be considered last if at all. Tread very careful, though better not at all. Don't let your bias and optimism outweigh realistic risk appraisals.

As for the picture, wasn't it you that was harping on about online privacy just recently? For someone with such views, I find it odd the amount of personal information you leak on here and generally all over the Web. Its extremely easy to pick up your trail. Also, if you really wanted to see my picture, you could always ask privately for a real name from the dozen or so people with whom I've trained with and whom are present on this forum, though I doubt any of them would give you anything, too much of an opinionated shit stirrer to be given any respect, youve rubbed too many the wrong way already.

True about Ukraine. Everything is bribes as it is in most countries of similar circumstances but I do have contacts there.

Actually, I never wanted to see your photo or cared for your personal information. I find it strangely fascinating that you wanted to see me since as I remember I told you everything about myself already.

I closed my facebook account about half a year ago for only some reasons you stated with personal information was only one of many. Yes you can find out everything and anything about everyone on here both with and without facebook.

Why you did not point this out on the proper thread is beyond me. Anyway, I don't share my info any longer and you have proven my point.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:45 am

Lol. Same old bullshit Greg. I miss this place. ;D
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby Dajenarit on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:46 am

Michael wrote:CNN STRIKES BACK!!

CNN took offense to the youtube channel "The Jimmy Dore Show" as part of a larger article about the perils of big corporations's ads on youtube being played on:

CNN wrote:channels promoting white nationalists, Nazis, pedophilia, conspiracy theories and North Korean propaganda,

CNN included the show that was linked in this thread yesterday in a video giving evidence that the sole source for the April 2017 and 2018 Syrian gas bombing claims, the White Helmets, are intimately connected to Al-Nusra.

CNN wrote:Ads also appeared on The Jimmy Dore Show channel, a far-left YouTube channel that peddles conspiracy theories, such as the idea that Syrian chemical weapons attacks are hoaxes.

That means hes on the right track as far as the truth. The smear jobs come. Comedians do the job of so called journalists.
Dajenarit
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:00 am

Dajenarit wrote:Lol. Same old bullshit Greg. I miss this place. ;D

Good to hear. Hopefully we have all matured a little bit over the years.

Yeah, I could play the game with the best of them and tell people to f*** off but why?

I learned something and perhaps othrers will too which is that people are basically the same but have different ideas of needs to be done.

I work around all kinds, from a top man in California's prison gangs to preachers from billionaires to people who can't hold down a job for more than a few days and I see that they all have the same hopes and fears just different ideas about the solutions.

So what is the point in arguning? We argued forever on the Russians thread. Did any minds get changed? No.

I don't argue anymore and I don't get angry. I accept that people have different opinions, all politicians lie and social media (including here) is basically nothing more than a big waste of time.
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Azer on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:13 am

grzegorz wrote:
I think we all are skeptical and better off accepting that Syria is nothing more than a pawn on a chessboard to players behind the scenes and instead if arguing amongst each other we should realize how we are all being played.

Even if we assume this is true, around 70%+ of the Syrian population is protected and in support of the president and his government, may be the case of "better the devil you know" but the alternative is much worse. The alternative is tens of thousands of foreign and local extremists, which are armed, trained and supported (pretty much openly these days) by the various Western governments. There are only two sides here, if your not for one, you are for the other. How do you justify supporting extremists against the majority of the peaceful Syrian people?

If the US was under constant attack by various jihadist extremists would you support them too? Or would you consider people who support such head choppers as the scum of the earth, which they truly are?

Furthermore, what sort of entity aligns itself, strategically and king term with the legitimised head chopping extremist Saudis and apartheid fascist Israel?

Some serious cognitive dissonance there. Not too surprising, it had been your governments agenda for some time:

CIA Director William Casey - “We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false".
"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 am

Glad you said that because when we get past the name calling you will see that we completely agree on US hypocrisy concerning the Saudis.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26831

I posted in threads around here exposing the US hypocrisy of having such a strong relationship with the Saudis since IS is basically nothing more than Wahhabism. Good documentary...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26011&p=442105&hilit=Saudi&sid=65e72f6ac571dd3bb2d88997fefdc63d#p442105

And of course the US was very happy with Assad when he used to torture POWs for the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... rt-support
Last edited by grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:33 am, edited 7 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:47 pm

Steve James wrote:
Russia, China Pledge New Military Ties, Challenge U.S.

https://www.onenewspage.com/n/Front+Pag ... ies-To.htm

But, ya can find the story anywhere. It's a good thing.

Goes without saying that if Russians had allowed for a UN investigation we would have had some sort of way to verify that chemicals were used.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Azer on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:18 pm

grzegorz wrote:Glad you said that because when we get past the name calling you will see that we completely agree on US hypocrisy concerning the Saudis.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26831

I posted in threads around here exposing the US hypocrisy of having such a strong relationship with the Saudis since IS is basically nothing more than Wahhabism. Good documentary...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26011&p=442105&hilit=Saudi&sid=65e72f6ac571dd3bb2d88997fefdc63d#p442105

And of course the US was very happy with Assad when he used to torture POWs for the US.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ ... rt-support

You know Greg, even a broken clock is right two times a day :D

Kind of off topic, by I take it you don't recognise the 'regime change / divide and conquer' Western MO in Ukraine?

Edit: another very recent and rather disgusting example from Kiev:

https://youtu.be/IxjRkeJvdpk
Last edited by Azer on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All around, dude, try to imagine cold, cause the van is kinda hot, wrap the rat in tacky coat" - Duke Duke
Azer
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:43 pm

I don't worry about the same things you worry about. I have been to Ukraine since our debates and I can tell you that the western Ukraine improves every year. More right wing? Hooligans? Yes, the cops are hooligans.

Is there corruption everywhere? Are the politicians crooks? Yes, bad habits die hard. But I don't believe that gives the neighbors a right to invade.

I understand the Russian position. Poland used to be the buffer state and then it was Ukraine and now it is not. I know where you are coming from but believe that like Cuba countries have the right to self-rule even if we disagree with that government.

Azer wrote:
As for the picture, wasn't it you that was harping on about online privacy just recently? For someone with such views, I find it odd the amount of personal information you leak on here and generally all over the Web. Its extremely easy to pick up your trail. Also, if you really wanted to see my picture, you could always ask privately for a real name from the dozen or so people with whom I've trained with and whom are present on this forum, though I doubt any of them would give you anything, too much of an opinionated shit stirrer to be given any respect, youve rubbed too many the wrong way already.

I appreciate you taking down my photo.

If you disagree with my dislike of FB you should have commented on those threads. But I don't see how finding my photo on LinkedIn makes me "as thick as f***" as you posted on my head. I was criticizing FB. I never said don't go online and look for a job. You found where I work, live and my full name, which are things I share with everyone because I am willing to and do meet people on this board. I have been here since the early 2000s and even though I get in heated discussions these people are all my friends. So you can take this conspiracy that I have angered so many people here back to the factory because I don't think you realize that people I argue with are people I known for over 15 years and if any of them have an issue let them stand up and speak for themselves because more than likely (like me) they were just being blunt and moved on without any hard feelings the following day.

Who knows? Perhaps we will meet someday and laugh about it all. I know this much, that I will have a good bottle of Tito's waiting to be opened somewhere in the house. Because without anyone to disagree with this board would be very boring and I would not be here.
Last edited by grzegorz on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Bao on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:16 am

So to sum it up... the US has sponsored terrorists with at least over $200,000 to commit the worst Genocide on Christians in the history of islamic countries. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCu8mNC1JyE

Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:30 am

I'm definitely with Michael on this one. We have no business there, except business and a proxy war. I completely disagree with Peacedog that this is just about fighting terrorism and not about oil. I also don't agree with where I think Steve is coming from, although he hasn't really clearly enunciated it. Like my folks, there is a certain Cold War thinking going on there.

If poisoning your own citizens should beget bombing, we should be bombed ten times over...

Obama tried to pivot away from entanglements in that part of the world in favor of rising threats in the East, he was roundly criticized.

Trump ran on extracting ourselves from these entanglements, the jury is still out, but it would appear that his chaotic style and perhaps incompetence has enabled some steps towards peace on the Korean Penisula and certainly has avoided what would have been a war if Clinton had won.

I'm curious to see where we go from here. Will there be an electoral backlash against Trump? I thought so at first, but the Dems seem to have not learned a thing an are sticking to their usual Republican lite bs.

The US will eventually decline and other powers will step up. Historically speaking, China is just looking to reassert the role they played preindustrialization.

Interesting times, to be sure.

I was interested to see that Trump, despite his thrashing about, just funded everything and everyone. I think it's time to trim that military spending, but I was happy to see many sectors of ED actually get bumped up. That was a surprise. Will he push for his infrastructure at some point? That would be something.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Azer on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:19 am

grzegorz wrote:I don't worry about the same things you worry about. I have been to Ukraine since our debates and I can tell you that the western Ukraine improves every year. More right wing? Hooligans? Yes, the cops are hooligans.

Is there corruption everywhere? Are the politicians crooks? Yes, bad habits die hard. But I don't believe that gives the neighbors a right to invade.

I understand the Russian position. Poland used to be the buffer state and then it was Ukraine and now it is not. I know where you are coming from but believe that like Cuba countries have the right to self-rule even if we disagree with that government.

That's not really my issues with Ukraine, its more about xenophobia and oligarchy using said extremism to further their feudal control over state and personal assets which they are stealing. I have Ukrainian relatives as well as numerous friends and contacts, and their country as far as I see it is held ransom for Western geopolitical goals, and by a small number of very unsavoury characters, with very low morals and a large extremists element. Furthermore, some of my Ukrainian relations had major economic assets confiscated and the driver for this was the formerly mentioned apartheid fascist state's government related mob and their Ukrainian tentacles, but they already got a bit of a push back and much more enroute. As you can see, it's much the same dynamic, state player using local extremists, who are equally hateful of the ethnicity of their sponsors, but being the prostitutes that they are, take $$$ where they can get them. Hindsight, foresight, knowledge of history, not their strong points. They only see $$$, clearly sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies. A very common and rewarded trait these days, and not an accident, it is pushed to the fore and exhalted by prevalent economic models. This is also a major driver for foreign policy, and it's utterly disgusting.

An old one, but a great one on psychopaths and power:

http://cluborlov.blogspot.sg/2017/01/in ... trust.html

When these local and international policies spill out in to the streets and result in government forces and government extremist murdering 9,000+ locals, I think there is every justification to enter and eradicate said extremists and government. That hasn't actually happened I. E. Invasion, currently it's more protection, if Russia invaded, I doubt I'd have anything to say on this topic, and I do hope they will sooner rather than later, the extreme elements are becoming increasingly brazen.

grzegorz wrote:I appreciate you taking down my photo.

If you disagree with my dislike of FB you should have commented on those threads. But I don't see how finding my photo on LinkedIn makes me "as thick as f***" as you posted on my head. I was criticizing FB. I never said don't go online and look for a job. You found where I work, live and my full name, which are things I share with everyone because I am willing to and do meet people on this board. I have been here since the early 2000s and even though I get in heated discussions these people are all my friends. So you can take this conspiracy that I have angered so many people here back to the factory because I don't think you realize that people I argue with are people I known for over 15 years and if any of them have an issue let them stand up and speak for themselves because more than likely (like me) they were just being blunt and moved on without any hard feelings the following day.

Who knows? Perhaps we will meet someday and laugh about it all. I know this much, that I will have a good bottle of Tito's waiting to be opened somewhere in the house. Because without anyone to disagree with this board would be very boring and I would not be here.

To be honest, I didn't take it down it was the mysterious quadruple x "respect my authorota" person, quite amusing. In fact I had a better, but friendlier one lined up for today, and I do admit it the former one wasn't a very nice thing to do. I'll see if I can pm you the newer one, maybe you have a use for it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like FB, have not used a real name on there ever, was obvious to me what it was at the outset. Funny enough, when I did try to change the pseudonym to my real name (no recollection why I'd make such a stupid decision) a good few years back, they wouldn't recognise it as legit, even though the pseudonym I was using sounded absolutely daft and still does, funny mooks.

Perhaps, it's a small world these days. Though, I'd be more inclined to sample some of the other produce in your neck of the planet. I however have no plans to travel to said country for the time being or at least not until some major changes in policy etc occur.
Azer
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic