Syria Now

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: Syria Now

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:10 am

I am compelled by the irresistible power of Russian Twitter bots to show you Foreign Minister Lavrov's remarks about the recent allegations of chemical weapons attacks in Syria and England. It's only 11 minutes, but raises basic questions about the situation. Please ignore the inflammatory title, obviously all Rooskies are evil colluders, who emulate Lance Armstrong's doping habits and Saddam Hussein's gassing proclivities. I am of course aligned with the empire and support further economic sanctions against Grigori Rasputin and some random oligarchs. That said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1GrrDqN-eY
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:56 pm

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:32 pm

Michael wrote:Just an FYI, when Russia legally came into Syria by invitation in order to stabilize the govt and fight ISIS, which Russia saw as a serious threat to them, in part because they had identified 4000 Russian citizens who had been involved with jihad and later returned to their home countries, they set up S-400 air defense systems to protect their airfields and soldiers; as far as I know, they were never used in Syria.

They fight them over there before they come here argument...

Yeah, I don't buy anymore than when American politicians say it. All war is a lie and so are the Russian's intentions. (Just like the war to save Ukraine from Ukrainian nazis.)

The Russians are supporting Assad so they have a deep port naval base on the Black Sea.

Same old sheet...

Bill wrote:I think that this is mostly about the natural gas pipeline that Assad will not allow to cross his country. This pipeline would free Europe from any reliance on Russian natural gas.
The rebels fake a gas attack so that Europe and the US will stay in the region and eliminate Assad.
No one cares about the common folk on the ground. They're not what this is about.
When it comes to International conflicts, follow the money to find the truth.

Exactly and for all sides.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:47 pm

If you are willing to hear the other side in this conflict, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has just given BBC Hardtalk a 30 minute interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJ41whNgR0
Michael

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:58 pm

You mean the same people who deny poisining Skripel?

Deny shooting down MH 17?

Denied the UN from investigating the chemical attacks?

Denied invading Ukraine?

Denied meddling in the US election?

Denied that Russians were killed when they attacked US forces?

No thanks. To me once a source is no credible I no longer listen. Why would I invest my time in lies and being wrong?

All wars are lies. Forget about Little Putin and Fat Assed Trump for the world would be better off without these men.
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby grzegorz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:17 pm

One conspiracy theory I can get behind.

Funny how Trump announced new sanctions on Russia but did not go through with them.

Also what happened to not annoucing military actions?
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby Michael on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:19 am

grzegorz wrote:You mean the same people who deny poisining Skripel?

Deny shooting down MH 17?

Denied the UN from investigating the chemical attacks?

Denied invading Ukraine?

Denied meddling in the US election?

Denied that Russians were killed when they attacked US forces?

No thanks. To me once a source is no credible I no longer listen. Why would I invest my time in lies and being wrong?

All wars are lies. Forget about Little Putin and Fat Assed Trump for the world would be better off without these men.

Your response is actually a perfect synopsis of the interviewer's pre-determined attitude, as well as the conclusion of the overwhelming majority of all MSM and nearly all Congressional representatives, so you're in good company.
Michael

Postby Bao on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:10 am

Michael wrote:If you are willing to hear the other side in this conflict, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has just given BBC Hardtalk a 30 minute interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJ41whNgR0

Thank you very much Michael for sharing. I enjoyed that interview, though the journalist was an annoying juvenile brat.

Yes, the foreign minister just confirms everything I've thought. It's already too obvious that the murder in the UK was staged by the brits. If the Russians wants to kill someone, there are thousands of ways to let someone disappear without a trace. A trained KGB agent killing someone with a Russian invented gas and just leave it to be found? C'mon, it's ridiculously badly staged. Laughable that the brits can't come up with anything better.
Last edited by Bao on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:36 am

Now weeks later they sending personnel in tigh fitting protective robes with masks that poisonous area....probably to show the skeptic Brits that this is a real thing
Trick

Postby Trick on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:37 am

To clean up that poisonous area
Trick

Postby Michael on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:11 am

Bao, that's how the circumstances of the poisoning of the Skripals in Salisbury and the gas attacks and alleged gas attacks in Syria appear to me, that they all point away from Russia and Syria. There are a lot of detailed reasons why, but few people want to discuss it, just like that BBC reporter, who never showed once his consideration of the possibility of another conclusion.
Michael

Postby emptycloud on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 am

emptycloud

Postby Bao on Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:47 am

Michael wrote:but few people want to discuss it, just like that BBC reporter, who never showed once his consideration of the possibility of another conclusion.

I guess most people have their preconceived opinions fixated. Russia = Bad. Syria = Bad.

Lately, I have really started to consider that the US companied by the UK are the real bad guys in the world. The US are always provoking conflicts in the world just to have reasons to sell and use weapons. The UK follow, support and help the US to constantly press down other countries, trying to stop them from developing and become strong. Idiotic and unnecessary actions without no consideration for how many innocent civilians are killed. If I was a US citizen, I would be absolutely furious about how many young Americans lives the US throw away by sending soldiers into conflicts just to nurture the oil and weapon industries.

I've shared this before, very well worth watching, about the US foreign politics:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHwuEqbUUQA
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:43 am

Unfortunately, the people responsible for verifying the chemical attack in Syria --that the Syrians say didn't happen-- have yet been allowed in to observe. But, if they are, there'll be those who'll say they can't be trusted. It won't matter.

I can go with the "US/UK = bad" idea, as long as it doesn't imply that "Russis/Syria = good." At best, the US and Russia would be equally bad. If US and UK ex-spies and defectors in Moscow were dying of sarin or polonium poisoning, it'd point to the US and UK. Arguing that the Russians were killing them in order to make the US/UK look bad wouldn't make much sense.

The same argument applies when it comes to the VICTIMS of any alleged chemical attack. The most likely perpetrator is their enemies --unless there's been a mistake. Deliberate "friendly fire" is about as tactically sound as a kamikaze attack. It's suicide. Yeah, it could be some sort of perverted logic. But, that argument needs more proof.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am

Steve James wrote:I can go with the "US/UK = bad" idea, as long as it doesn't imply that "Russis/Syria = good." At best, the US and Russia would be equally bad.

Russia tries to play the nice boy. Of course they are not pure or clean. Assad is certainly not nice. They are probably equally bad all of them, yes. But I do agree with the Russian foreign minister, regardless his real intention. It's the common people who suffer. And bombing them to kill more innocent people certainly doesn't help the victims.
Last edited by Bao on Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bao
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic