pains and sensing weather

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

pains and sensing weather

Postby everything on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:53 pm

how does this work?

My former coworker has migraines and can somehow sense within five minutes accuracy when a big thunderstorm will arrive. There are more mundane examples of arthritis flare ups and so on.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Re: pains and sensing weather

Postby Trick on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:50 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure I begin to sweat lightly a couple of hours before a thunderstorm comes local........Not about weather, but around full moon times I get moody and easily irritated
Trick

Postby wiesiek on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:32 am

It is some kind of links between our internal pressure regulator and outside, I suppose.
I feel storm coming three to two days before hit,
but
as I did quick research in my work , arriving time of this feeling is different, some may feel uncomfortable after the storm...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:36 am

I agree with the connection to atmospheric pressure, along with temperature (and volume). It's no coincidence that many older or injured people leave New York and Chicago to live in Florida and Arizona, or who claim that their bodies work much better in warm climates. Obviously, cold makes things (including bones and the spaces between them) contract. As people age, and natural contraction occurs, they become more sensitive to atmospheric changes.

Ime, it was always grandma whose leg would ache when a storm was coming -and she'd say "unplug all the electrics" and "get aways from the window." Because she was so unerring in her predictions, people in the family would pay attention if she said she dreamt something. :) I can't say it's true, but I don't know if she'd have had that ability if we'd moved down south. But, I think it's more or less the fact that, through long time experience with our bodies, we are able to make connections between the weather and the way we feel.

Btw, when I drove a bus, I must admit that there definitely seemed to be a connection between the full moon and erratic driving. Of course, it might be that I was just more aware and defensive at those times because of my preconception. People do strange stuff all the time. But I also think that the idea of lunacy at least has some basis in experience.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:54 am

wow, how long did you drive a bus?

random story that has nothing to do with anything. I was on a Disney bus in heavy rains. looked outside the window and this compact car collided with the bus (the wheels maybe), and bounced off into the grass. didn't look like any injury. we couldn't feel a thing at all.

I don't think I have this weather detection "power". you can smell the rain coming but that seems like a more normal sensing of it. I don't think I feel a pressure change.
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:12 am

I drove NY Bus for ten years --while I went to school part time.
It was a great lesson in human psychology :).
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Wow, I think we could use a new thread just for your bus psychology lessons!
everything
Wuji

Postby DiaitaDoc on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 am

Humidity is another consideration.
DiaitaDoc
Anjing

Postby yeniseri on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Some people with arthritis (rheumatoid variety) can tell when there is change due to pain in joints.
When I was growing up, I could usually tell when a storm was coming because I could smell 'something', usually the scent was of rain falling but the event was different when I was a youth.

When I see waves crashing against Lake Michigan and the weather is sunny or even cold, there is usually some kind of storm not far behind.
Last edited by yeniseri on Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic