some of the old timers

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: some of the old timers

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 am

Dishonest? WTF? ::)
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby Ian C. Kuzushi on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:35 am

The FB page was created by the Admins and Mods when servers were changed as a way to keep people up to date. That's it.
文武両道。

Lord Li requires one hundred gold coins per day!
Ian C. Kuzushi
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:11 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Dishonest? WTF? ::)

Precisely. Maybe it's partly down to posts like the one you refer to that drove "old timers" away ;)
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:52 pm

If you look at the list of people on the Facebook site there is far more than ever post here
Yet there is next to no postings there
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Like I said a BS move. Another site, same name, same content not announced or made known on what might be called the primary site. Ok got it..

Kind of goes along with those who talked of useing real names and yet makes changes to their own feeling it's ok I guess.

Must be a different way of looking at things.

Regardless, there are two RSF sites, now everyone knows it
Last edited by windwalker on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Steve James wrote:Oh, and many of the old-timers are actually old-timers with other things to do. Many of the most typical "martial arts" threads are just beating horses that were well beaten decades ago. It's not a bad thing, just not interesting. It's why I tend to post more about contemporary topics that have nothing to do with martial arts.

yeah this.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:35 pm

RobP3 wrote:

Precisely. Maybe it's partly down to posts like the one you refer to that drove "old timers" away ;)

Wow maybe you're right :-\

I notice your still around.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:11 pm

Another site, same name, same content not announced or made known on what might be called the primary site. Ok got it..

Regardless, there are two RSF sites, now everyone knows it

Hmmm, have you been to the FB page? How do you know that it's the same content?

Afa real names, when anyone here meets me, they call me Steve. All my friends do.
Last edited by Steve James on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Steve James wrote:
Hmmm, have you been to the FB page? How do you know that it's the same content?

Afa real names, when anyone here meets me, they call me Steve. All my friends do.

Looked at it a little bit it is different but still has the same content as what is posted here only in a different format.

You're the one who seems to have issues with screen names or handles. You mentioned it.

Here in Taiwan my name is Wu Ming,. It's on my ID here.
In English it translates to " no name" my point being in this medium names are convenience that lends continuity to those we interact with that in person is associated with much more
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 pm

You're the one who seems to have issues with screen names or handles. You mentioned it.

I don't have any problem with screen names. I said that everyone on the FB site uses his or her real name. Because that's so, I pointed out that there were an a lot of different people posting there, but not here. I don't and have never asked anyone here for his real name. I didn't ask for yours.

Like I said, you can whine about not being told about the FB site, but neither was I. I found it because I wanted to contact Kelly. It was the only way I could think of. Actually, there are other FB sites that some RSF members have joined or started.

The last few posts I see on the FB page, fwiw, are about an elderly judo practitioner, a cartoon, and a calligrapher. None of which has appeared here. And, looking at the list of members, most of them don't post here -- not to mention I don't recognize most of their names. You could be a member already, and I'd never know.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Well, according to the facebooks, the facebook page was created "about 9 years ago." According to your profile here, windwalker, your account was created in 2012. So, as far as RSF is concerned, the fb page was around before you were...
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 pm

Steve James wrote:

I don't have any problem with screen names. I said that everyone on the FB site uses his or her real name.

Why point out the obvious if its not an issue.

Because that's so, I pointed out that there were an a lot of different people posting there, but not here. I don't and have never asked anyone here for his real name. I didn't ask for yours. and like I said, a name is meaningless in this medium, its a matter of an agreed convenience

Like I said, you can whine about not being told about the FB site, but neither was I. I found it because I wanted to contact Kelly. It was the only way I could think of. Actually, there are other FB sites that some RSF members have joined or started.

Do they use the same name, and attempt to cater to the same content.... I made an observation with an opinion. You can characterize it as whining, which you and some others seem to do concerning trump and the election. Its ok it wont change anything.

The last few posts I see on the FB page, fwiw, are about an elderly judo practitioner, a cartoon, and a calligrapher. None of which has appeared here. And, looking at the list of members, most of them don't post here -- not to mention I don't recognize most of their names. You could be a member already, and I'd never know.

yep it does seem to have a different vibe, not a member or fan of face book....My point was that it was apparently not something widely known regardless of creation date. It would have been better to have linked it here as an option... Now its known...maybe it will be a better option for some.
The format allows likes, and dislikes on post something not offered here.

Not much more to say on this.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Steve James on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:58 am

I call it whining. The only thing comparable to Trump is that you seem to think any of this had something to do with you.

I didn’t know there was a FB page until RSF went down last year. But you call it, me, and anyone who knew about it dishonest. You don’t even have FB, so it’s irrelevant whether there’s a RSF presence on it. If there were a Twitter or Instagram account, would you know?

And again, the only reason I mentioned names is because I don’t recognize most of the names on the FB page. How would I know if you were there?
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:10 pm

Tom wrote:The RSF FB page was started by the same guy(s) who started RSF when emptyflower was stolen from DDV. The original and still the primary purpose of the FB page is as an alternative backup place to put announcements on forum status when the RSF site is down (which happens whenever the hamster running on the wheel that powers the site’s server gets tired). If people post other things at the FB page, well that is OK. It’s FB. So Dalton your angst and outrage is based on an incomplete understanding.

Whatever the intent of creating it, not announcing it on the main site I consider a BS move.

More so if the intended purpose was to be a backup site in case this site went down. Does it make sense to have a backup site if no one knows about the back up site except a select few or those finding it by accident.

If you consider pointing out the obvious anger and outrage maybe you should consider your rationale for not making it clear until now
Last edited by windwalker on Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:37 pm

jimmy
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Off the Topic