some of the old timers

Rum, beer, women, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: some of the old timers

Postby Tom on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:11 am

Monty Python gave us the Ministry of Silly Walks.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8

RSF is the Ministry of Silly Talks.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

---Vernon Law
Tom
Administrator

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:10 am

windwalker wrote:
Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:Dishonest? WTF? ::)

Like I said a BS move. Another site, same name, same content not announced or made known on what might be called the primary site. Ok got it..

Kind of goes along with those who talked of useing real names and yet makes changes to their own feeling it's ok I guess.

Must be a different way of looking at things.

Regardless, there are two RSF sites, now everyone knows it

The FB page was made when the site was being transferred. The people who knew about it use it...sometimes...almost exclusively to see what's up when the main site is down. If you think you were "being left out" or that there's some kind of unfulfilled responsibility by those who knew about (and hardly ever think about it at all) to let you know then, maybe you should switch to decaf or talk to your therapist or something about why it bothers you so much. It's really not an issue...even if you feel like it should be.

Best,

S.
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby Peacedog on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:12 pm

Tom,

+1 on the Ministry of Silly Talks. I've often told bagua practitioners, "Well, you have a silly walk, now you just need a silly hat and you are in business."
Last edited by Peacedog on Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Peacedog
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:48 pm

A lion tamer hat that lights up.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:10 am

Peacedog wrote:Tom,

+1 on the Ministry of Silly Talks. I've often told bagua practitioners, "Well, you have a silly walk, now you just need a silly hat and you are in business."

Seen some bagua walkers wearing som ”daoist” hat, maybe not silly but i don’t know the purpose of that headgear
Trick
Wuji

Postby edededed on Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:14 am

John Cleese's silly walks can be described as a combination of bagua's crane walk (but mostly left-leg first only) and middle basin walking methods. There is also a weird koubu variant as well.
edededed
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic