what can you learn from watching 154 fights on Youtube?

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: what can you learn from watching 154 fights on Youtube?

Postby klonk on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:51 am

Very interesting. Learning something about broad tendencies in how fights go is sure to be useful in trying to figure out how to make fights go the way you want them to.

I am here thinking of Aldo Nadi's analogy. Fencing is complicated like an orchestra. If you want to win consistently, YOU must become the conductor.

Put another way, this is the business about not playing the other fellow's game, but making him play your game.

So the lessons from the above analysis turn into okay, how do I turn this into a fight to my liking if this or this or this happens? How do I preempt? In my case, I do not want to fight on the ground because my best game is standing up and punching. The analysis suggests I'd best be quick about it, whatever I plan to do.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Re: what can you learn from watching 154 fights on Youtube?

Postby .Q. on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Interesting stuff, but I wonder about his sample data. Is it totally randomized or was he searching for specific types of fights? Is it strictly US based? Based on what I've seen, fights in Azerbaijan are more intense and involve more skills. Conclusions can vary quite a lot based on the data used.
.Q.
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic