World Cup

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Re: World Cup

Postby cloudz on Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:42 am

France should edge it, that Mbappe kid is scary good, Pogba is on it and they have Hugo between the sticks.
Modric though, a master in midfield if ever there was.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:17 am

I can't say I've got a favorite, and I've no clue as to who will win. The odds favor France, but I'd bet on Croatia if I had to --just to get the odds.

Tomorrow is Bastille Day, so, if the French do win, Paris on Sunday will be a place to be. ... Of course, everywhere in Croatia will be going wild if they win.

Bonne chance a tous
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:54 pm

I am for Croatia myself, but France winning is also fine.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby everything on Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:55 pm

anyone going to watch the 3rd place match that nobody cares about?

Belgium is so insanely stacked, but maybe at least one more thing England can prove?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:19 am

saw a bit of it. Belgium looking good... hope they keep building the momentum
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby everything on Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:57 pm

Congratulations to France. Croatia rather unlucky on the own goal and the VAR penalty, but what can you do. But Pogba and Mbappe eventually put it beyond a shadow of doubt. Croatia looked really, really tired, but kept pushing, and really dominating the game overall. It really is like the methodical fighter getting KOed and a bit unlucky in a couple of key moments. I felt bad for Croatia.

Overall, France was the best team in the tournament, though. Way too defensive and not ever really strutting its stuff (the French criticism of the France style is pretty harsh but dead on: you have a Ferrari at your disposal but you drive the speed limit), but it was a good game plan for single elimination tournaments that paid off. Didn't take the final for granted like with Portugal (who was super defensive in that tournament) at Euro 2016.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby KEND on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:36 am

Little late due to lack of access. This was possibly the best match I have seen on television. Like many sports its a young mans game. It was estimated the players run around 8 miles in a match. This was continuous action, Croatia never gave up to the very end. Fantastic physicality, a new era, the old days of scoring a goal and defending may be over, with this speed of action you cant relax
KEND
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Off the Topic