Crimson live

Rum, beer, movies, nice websites, gaming, etc., without interrupting the flow of martial threads.

Crimson live

Postby Giles on Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:22 am

Recently I saw King Crimson live in concert. About 20% of the stuff was OK for me, but I found my attention wandering a little, while about 40% was very good to excellent. And the remaining 40% was much better than that. :D

The combination of discipline, passion, fun, precision, beauty, improvisation, clarity, delicacy and train-collision kinetics, between absolute orchestration and blowing free, between open spaces and wall of sound, all played live, went to make an experience that I won’t forget. It looked like everyone was having a great time on stage. And with some of the band members (Fripp himself and Tony Levin) aged over 70, it’s quite inspiring for me at the age of 55. There can be plenty of good, creative years to come. (Absolutely not putting myself at their level of accomplishment, of course, but still...).
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Re: Crimson live

Postby wiesiek on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:44 am

really one of the best rock bands ever,
btw,
years ago I sow acoustics concert in Central Park -big band of guitarists and Fripp - have great ears memory of it ,:),
What was even better than concert itself- - after the event /whole week/ you could suddenly find, a part of the group playing on the streets of the NYC...
Joyful Fruits of the Live
wiesiek
Wuji

Return to Off the Topic